Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

Still playing Super Mario 64. I've passed the 50 star mark, have cleaned out courses 1-5 of stars, and obtained all but one of the castle secret stars that I can get now.

25 hours into FFX, I'm at the oasis. This time I have been using a guide to find all the AL-Bhed primers.

Guest Plattym3
25 hours into FFX, I'm at the oasis. This time I have been using a guide to find all the AL-Bhed primers.

Interesting. I'm going to start a new topic about FFX. I just started (2 hrs.) and UGH!

I just beat X and started on X-2 a few days back.

X-2 = too many mini games. X-2 doesn't even seem like it's own game it's just a bunch of smaller annoying ones put together with a not so great story. Only about 1 hour into it, 6% complete it says.

X-2 is just a collection of Side Quests and Mini Games. Nothing else.

Currently playing Ys 5 (1.3 hours or so), DW3 GBC (Currently getting pepper for the king in Portoga), and Grandia 2 PC version (Just got to Mirumu, roughly 5 hours.)

In DQ6 I'm in the Mirror Tower, looking for the Mirror of Ra. I'm really liking this game so far, but I'm looking foward to using the Class system. How close am I to being able to change classes?

You still have a little more to go through before you get to restore the Dhama Temple. Probably a couple hours or so, if I'm remembering everything correctly.

Guest Plattym3
I just beat X and started on X-2 a few days back.

X-2 = too many mini games. X-2 doesn't even seem like it's own game it's just a bunch of smaller annoying ones put together with a not so great story. Only about 1 hour into it, 6% complete it says.

My sister in her infinite wisdom got me X-2 as well for Christmas, so when (if) I ever beat FFX, I'll go on to X-2 just to have something to do.

;) Loto is correct you only have a couple of hours and a really hard boss fight to go until you can access the class system. Good Luck with the next couple of portions of the game, you'll certainly need it.

Started playing Dragon Warrior 1 once again :)

;) Recently Beat Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals and I plan to start the first Star Ocean game sometime tonight.

I'm playing that new Fire Emblem game that came out. It's a friggin' great game, but I'm only on chapter 9 though.

Just recently completed the original Dragon Warrior, level 23, and I STOMPED the Big D. Now it's time to go into the second game of the marathon, DWII. And actually, I'm looking forward to playing it again. :D

Almost 5 hours into X-2 now, 15% complete.

Still lots of minigames, no real progression to storyline.

I'm actually glad to see they put in a lot of humor to this game. More than I remember FFX having at least.

Just picked up on DWVII again. Got through my least favorite place the Dharma Shrine where all your abilities are disabled, but getting the class changes in the end are worth it. Currently running around getting my characters to their first Hybrid classes. Hero with Paladin, Gabo with Dragoon, and Maribel with Ranger class and getting some hybrid skills here and there.

I finally took down Dark Gaia in Terranigma. It was not a hard fight at all.

I'm now playing DQ6 mostly. I've changed jobs and I'm exploring the Dream World, building Job levels. I've got my Hero at lvl 4 Beastmaster, Hassan at lvl 4 Soldier, Chamaro at lvl 4 Priest, Barbara at lvl 4 Wizard, Muriel at lvl 4 dancer, and Slalin the Slime at lvl 3 Thief.

Guest Plattym3

So the pic in your sig is from Terranigma? Is that a SNES game? How does it rate with other NES/SNES games or DW/DQ?

I'm 31 hours into FFX now and kicking some major butt at Blitzball. I actually find it more fun than the main game. At least I get to do something and now watch movies.

So the pic in your sig is from Terranigma?  Is that a SNES game?  How does it rate with other NES/SNES games or DW/DQ?

Terranigma is an SNES game by Enix that was never released in North America. I personally thought the game was absolutely fantastic. It is easily one of the best games I have played in a very long time. I rank it up there with Dragon Quest 5 and Chrono Trigger. I really recomend it.

Guest Plattym3

Apparently there in an English patch from the looks fo your final pic there.

Yeah. It's either an English patch, or possibly it's the UK version of the game.

Edited by Askman

So the pic in your sig is from Terranigma?  Is that a SNES game?  How does it rate with other NES/SNES games or DW/DQ?

Terranigma is an SNES game by Enix that was never released in North America. I personally thought the game was absolutely fantastic. It is easily one of the best games I have played in a very long time. I rank it up there with Dragon Quest 5 and Chrono Trigger. I really recomend it.

If you liked it, and haven't played the one's before it (it's other name, some people give is Soul Blazer 3), play Soul Blazer (it was released state-side), and Illusion of Gaia (released state-side). Both are for the SNES.

Edited by Thorr

I have played Soul Blazer a little bit. It is a fun game. I'm at the second world and chugging along. I got my butt beaten in the last section and I haven't picked the game up in a while.

Guest Plattym3

RPG LOVER: What happened to FF7? You played most of the others, but not the one many consider "the best"? (oh, I personally don't prefer the FF7-11 ones, but I'm giving FFX a chance right now because my sister picked it up for me).

DAMN IT DW2

I got all the way through the stupid Cave to Rhone. Took 2 hours to get all the treasure in there and punch through, but I did it. OK, but 2 problems. NOW I have enough money to buy the Fur Coast for the little Prince and OH BIG PROBLEM: I forgot the Eye of Malroth (actually some staute in the GBC version) in the stupid vault. Yep, so now I have to go back anyways. Actually, that's not a big problem, is it. Can't I just return to that shrine where I saved my game. Aw, damn. My ranting and raving was all for naught. Oh well, I'm beating this game TODAY and getting back to FFX.

Edited by Plattym3

Lots as I havnt been on for about week.

Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 (got Adapter so I played Both 1 and 2 online :D )

Got a new CD of Dark Cloud 2 (old one got damaged >.< ) Get it done

The Legend Of Zelda Oracle Of Seasons

Fable (SWEET HEVENS THIS IS A GAME TO GET A XBOX OVER)