Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

Well, I've put in about 4 hours now into Suikoden Tierkreis. This game is fantastic! It's HUGE! I found out this game is 256 MBs, which for the DS is almost twice the size of DQV and DQIV (they were on 128 MB cards). My bet for this is because it has VA's for all the important scenes. Most of the VA's are actually well done, some are so-so. It's some of the better VA work I've heard on the DS, though. I've read this game takes roughly 50 hours to complete (that's without doing everything). The music is superb.

The story is just starting to pick-up (where I'm at) and within the first 10 minutes I was delighted to hear a few Suikoden musical staples that have been in all the games. Even the battle music and the theme--that plays after a battle is complete--are remixes from the other games. I highly recommend this game, especially here on the Den. This game plays differently than the other Suikoden's, but I've heard the story is almost as good as Suikoden II and V (which I thought were the most in-depth in the entire series). This game is a spin-off, so there is no connection to the other games. It's getting some good reviews.

All my characters are around level 8 - 10.

EDIT: About the only game-play mechanic that stays true with this version of the game is the 108 Stars of Destiny and owning a castle, which have been staples with the main series since the first game.

Edited by Neclord

My curiosity got the better of me and now I'm playing MOTHER 3 with the fan translation. It's a lot different compared to the first two games. Of course, EarthBound was an entirely different beast. :P

I just defeated Estark in DQ:5; took me 28 turns.

I am still playing killzone 2, but I just started to play star ocean. As for dragon warrior 3 I am taking a bit of a break then hopefully go back to it by May.

Decided to take on Estark again in DQ:5. I'd leveled up my party around 15 levels or so, but it still took me 22 turns. That's not quite as much progress as I had hoped for with that much level grinding.

Majora's Mask on the virtual console. Just beaten the Snowhead temple and done a few side quests.

Blue Dragon Plus, which I got along with DQ Swords. I got wasted by a giant robot, quite a challenging game. Can't wait to try DQ S next.

Doing another playthrough of DQ:5, this time I married Nera instead of Bianca, and I've picked up a lot of different monster than last time.

*stupid double post*

Edited by zcm

DQ3r (SNES): Levels are about 55 and I am planning on taking on the God Dragon soon.

DQ4r DS: Just got Zenithian Sword and will be making the trek up to Zenithia soon (like in 30 minutes if I get a seat on the train).

;) Replaying Frontiers Extreme for my Let's Play series. I lost the save file when I set up my new computer.

I restared and beat Sin & Punishment on VC the other day. Really good game, so I can't wait for the sequel.

I also tried playing Star Tropics again... man, that game gets ridiculous on the third island.

I've been playing MadWorld and Warcraft 3 recently. Both are excellent games!

;) Resumed Frontiers Extreme and now I am in the bowels of Hell-Ah.

Just installed WarCraft 3 recently. I got the battlechest version for 19.99 because of a special deal Gamestop is having(saved 20 dollars). Same reason I got Blue Dragon Plus and Dragon Quest Swords. So far, it's quite fun. Too bad my hero character can't keep leveling past a certain point in a mission he's in, but I can see why they set the limit. He becomes quite powerful with extra equips. Got a claw, gauntlet, and a fire orb, and a ring of protection as well. So that makes 11 extra attack(with splash damage on enemies nearby) and 1 extra defense so far.

I found it pretty cool that there are extras to find within a mission, even though they don't seem to do much. Like having my workers chop certain trees creates a path that leads to a couple of ogres and a ogre mage. :P Dwarves with shotguns pwn! A small band of them were able to clean up the entire map easily. I'm sure I'll find even better units later on though. I'm kind of surprised it came with WoW 14 days free trial cd.....Makes me a little bit curious about it, even though I don't want to get sucked into it. If I ever do play it, it'll have to be when I have a lot more free time.

I just finished replaying through Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, and I don't really get what was so confusing about the map really. I blazed through the whole thing without remembering where everything was(it's been a long time since I last played). The only thing I got help on was the fake ceiling in the save room in skeleton cave for both castle. I got 100% of everything else on my own without help. I think the only real issue is not knowing about the teleports. I haven't checked to manual to see if it says anything about it(it probably does though),. But ingame, there's no mention of pushing down in those rooms to teleport to another room like it.

As for Blue Dragon Plus, I'm liking it so far, but it's little bit annoying to be thrusted into one battle after another, with long dialogues in between. The story picks up where the original Blue Dragon left off, so I'm a bit lost on that since I never got to play it.

In Dragon Quest Swords, I still haven't gone into the first cave. I think I'm close to 40 mini medals atm, but I haven't been playing it lately because I spent a lot of time online, chatting in the den chat and such. Not to mention the other games I'm playing.

Oh, and I'm also playing Eina no Filena on my SNES emulator. It has quite an interesting story. It seems a bit dated for a game that came out in 1995 in Japan. It looks similar to FFIV, which came out long before it(even VI came out before it). Regardless, it's still interesting. You play as a female that was raised as a male battler. Very few people know you're female. After some events, you escape with some other people. It's quite different, because your companions that fight along with you aren't special people that pwn as well as you do. They're just ordinary NPC type characters that got strung along with you. Only thing I don't like so far is the permanent blindness stat that i have to go through for story line purpose until I find the cure. Screen flashes every time I move(like when you're poisoned or something). It gets annoying after a while.

Smash Brothers Brawl. Picked up a new copy on eBay for $35.

I'm also still playing DQ5DS with Bianca. We're at Granvania and I'm preparing for the trial. I'd like to do it solo this time.

Speaking of Brawl: does anyone here play online?

Oh and, err, still with Majora's Mask. Nearly finished.

I'm up to chapter 7 of the undead campaign in WarCraft 3. I notice quite a bit of different strategy to playing this compared to other rts I've played. I try to keep my food at 40 or below so I stay at no upkeep level. If I get it too high, I gain less gold from the mine. So instead of mass producing units like crazy, I put up more towers and upgrade them and get some meat wagons set up to back them up. Then I add a couple of other units if I can have them without the food going over 40. It works out really well for me. Chapter 6 was interesting, fighting against 6 orc bases at once, each with their own unique hero unit. I only had to deplete my own gold mine, and the first orc base I took down's gold mine. I left the rest alone and managed just fine.

I haven't had time to play the other games lately, but I'll get back to them eventually. xd

Speaking of Brawl: does anyone here play online?

I do. But I haven't been playing it as often as I used to. I should get back into it sometime.

I'm up to chapter 7 of the undead campaign in WarCraft 3. I notice quite a bit of different strategy to playing this compared to other rts I've played. I try to keep my food at 40 or below so I stay at no upkeep level. If I get it too high, I gain less gold from the mine. So instead of mass producing units like crazy, I put up more towers and upgrade them and get some meat wagons set up to back them up. Then I add a couple of other units if I can have them without the food going over 40. It works out really well for me. Chapter 6 was interesting, fighting against 6 orc bases at once, each with their own unique hero unit. I only had to deplete my own gold mine, and the first orc base I took down's gold mine. I left the rest alone and managed just fine.

I haven't had time to play the other games lately, but I'll get back to them eventually. xd

That's because Warcraft 3 is all about micro-management. Instead of rushing (where you can make 200 units in other RTS games, like Starcraft), you have to think how to best make up your party of units, through micro-managing. It takes a lot of time to become really good at Warcraft 3 because of the mechanics Blizzard implemented. Some people hate it, others like it. I'm in the middle. It makes for good strategy, but at the same time, I would like to just make 50 units of one thing, 40 of another, and just rush with force... this will not work with Warcraft 3. It's a great game, and probably my favorite in the Warcraft universe, especially the story of the game and expansion.

;) Just now started the "CRAPPY GRAPHIX DUNGEON" in Frontiers Extreme. I'll probably do some Level Grinding to build up Some Guy and Runso since the Extra Power might be needed.

Just finished up the undead campaign in WarCraft 3. They wasted a lot of time destroying my buildings, so maybe I was lucky. I lost all buildings and all of my units by the last couple seconds. But they were all trying to come in from the north, so they got stuck somehow. I used my leftover acolytes to slow them down a little. By the last 5 seconds, one enemy unit had started attack Kel. I managed to win by the skin of my teeth. xd The main goal of the final undead mission is to keep the lich named Kel alive for 30 minutes,

So now I start Orc Campaign. :D

Just finishing off DQ3 SNES. I have all the small medals now and have beaten the God Dragon once (21 turns). Opened up the last Pachisi track in Zipangu and finally reached the end of that too. Just need to beat that God Dragon a couple more times but I don't know how I am going to get it to 15 turns.

Also, just started chapter 6 of DQ4 DS. Having only played the NES version of this game I am loving that their is a sixth chapter. I can't believe how short the first 5 chapters were though. 26 hours from beginning until I defeated Psaro the Manslayer. In DW7 that would put me right around the Dharma area.

Resumed playing Rune Factory 2.

Edited by Ms.RPG

Finished up WarCraft 3 and now playing the bonus campaign. It's quite interesting. Plays a lot differently from the main game. Reminds me a bit of Diablo or something. I haven't played WoW, but it seems this might have been a template for it?