What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

I wasn't too fond of the license system, I preferred FFX's sphere myself. I thought in FFX the characters were more unique, I just feel with the license system in FF12 everyone can be anything eventually. But I never got that far either. I do want to finish it someday. Right now I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy (I'm the only one on the boards probably who's into Mario and Zelda) and I have 60 stars and can finally get to the center of the universe or wherever where Princess Peach is! Took a long while to get them, some levels were easy, others were really difficult (for me anyway).

I might start my DQ marathon back up, replay 1 and 2 again (I played them in like November) and drag it till the end of the month when the DQ3r translation should be finished. Then play DQ3r and DQ4 DS until the end of March when my birthday comes out, the 27th, and get 5 DS. That way I don't have to pay for it, and people will have something to buy me special since I always get the good stuff I want for myself so no one ever knows what to give me as a gift.

Then I'll probably skip over 6 (kind of want to wait for the DS version plus I hate that menu crash bug) and just play DW7, try to do some of the bonus stuff I've never done before with that one. And after all that, I might not play 8. I personally didn't enjoy that one too much, it was okay but I didn't think it was as good as the rest, just my own feelings there.

Edited by Shal

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just got the game 2hrs ago, been playing it for those two hours. Anyway its bloody brilliant innit. The graphics are amazing, the music is brilliant (love the battle theme). Also love the way the combat works. A new twist on the turn based system (well its not really new the game is from teh 90s like). I highly reccomend it.

Are you talking about DQV DS? I can't tell....

Well, I'm still in chapter 8 of Rogue Galaxy(it's the longest chapter). My hunter rank is nearly 3rd place. I could possibly get to second by the time I get all the hunter points I can get in this chapter(then take over Desert Claw's spot in chapter 9). Also almost done the Frog Log. Just need to create a couple more weapons

Finally got around to continuing Magical Starsign. Got all the winged set equips for everyone and they're all almost lv 61. I just need to level up more to be able to make if further in the bonus dungeon. second special fight is tough because those tombstone monsters are strong against magic.

;) I'm tackling the Bonus Content of Chrono Trigger DS, the main game was pretty easy to conquer and I am more than ready to get the remaining endings but before I do that I want to get the bonus content done. Also, my Arena monster has two new techs to use in battle and maxed out stats. Talk about an uber file.

Still playing Warriors of the Eternal Sun. I've maxed out the levels on all my characters and upgraded my weaponry to the best possible. Just time to head into the final area, the Dark Elves lair.

I suppose I should officially say...I'm playing Dragon Quest V!!!! =D =D =D and I'm on my way to the tower to get the magic mirror thingy. Man am I loving this!

;) Just playing around with the Bonus Content in Chrono Trigger DS, so far I've completed the Dimensional Vortex in all eras it appears in and now I am working on the Lost Sanctum. I have to say this about the Lost Sanctum, talk about a tedious task...

;) Just playing around with the Bonus Content in Chrono Trigger DS, so far I've completed the Dimensional Vortex in all eras it appears in and now I am working on the Lost Sanctum. I have to say this about the Lost Sanctum, talk about a tedious task...

I really need to get back on playing that on my DS..Same with FFIV and FFIII..

Boy.. I'm a procastinator. ;)

Same here... I still never finished up Children of Mana or FFIV for the DS.

I did finish off Warriors of the Eternal Sun though... that last dungeon was a nightmare but I pulled it off.

;) I finished up the Lost Sanctum in Chrono Trigger DS, really all that is left to do is obtain all of the endings in the game which won't take long with New Game Plus.

I just finished off Super Mario RPG a few mintues ago. I bought it years ago, but I had never played it for more than a few minutes at a time. It was a fun little game, but a bit short. Only took me 2 days to finish... I was expecting something a touch more epic.

Ad of now:

- Dragon Quest V DS

- PSO: Blue Burst

I really need to get back on playing that on my DS..Same with FFIV and FFIII..

Boy.. I'm a procastinator. ;)

Me too, I haven't even touched Magical Starsign nor my second playthrough of Rogue Galaxy in a while. I'm still at the same point as i was in my last post. Too focused on DQ V DS atm. In the tower north of Gotha atm.

I had a close call with the last mimic I fought. The hero, Pierre the slime knight, and Eyed(whatever the spelling) the Crosseye were all dead from thwack. I only had my king slime left. Mimic tried to cast thwack a second time, but was out of mp, casted mp drain, but I killed it before it could do anything else after that. XD

Edited by MetroidXPS

Just been fiddling around with SNES games the last couple days. I need more games, but I'm broke... :baa:

I suppose I could pull out the DS and finish up Children of Mana and FF IV. I need to pick up DQ IV and V when I get the cash too.

All games I currently have are put aside until Friday (no time this week)... that is when I get Star Ocean: The Last Hope, and I'll be playing that. Once I complete that game, I'll probably end up either getting Dragon Quest V for the DS, or playing DaMarsMan and Maxim's translation of DQIIIr for the SNES in ROM format.

So looking forward to the new Star Ocean. From what I've read, many people are enjoying it.... I really hate not having a GameStop or EBGames in my city. :P

;) I've been replaying Indogutsu's Game Dragon Warrior IV Renaissance the last couple of days, I got to the end of the first episode and Rieka has joined my team. The process is slow because I'm doing this in Let's Play format. I've already got the first three videos up and I've finished up five now. I'm looking to make possibly two more before I crash, and yes, the upload time is gonna be hell. :laugh:

Are you talking about DQV DS? I can't tell....

Well, I'm still in chapter 8 of Rogue Galaxy(it's the longest chapter). My hunter rank is nearly 3rd place. I could possibly get to second by the time I get all the hunter points I can get in this chapter(then take over Desert Claw's spot in chapter 9). Also almost done the Frog Log. Just need to create a couple more weapons

Finally got around to continuing Magical Starsign. Got all the winged set equips for everyone and they're all almost lv 61. I just need to level up more to be able to make if further in the bonus dungeon. second special fight is tough because those tombstone monsters are strong against magic.

Ugh. Mind telling me where to go after the illusion city in Kuje Desert? Everyone says to go to Eden, but it doesn't appear on the planet navigation.

Don't highlight it if you aren't at the second desert out of town at Rosa.

Edited by Skitter the Scorpion

I purchased EarthBound off of eBay the other day. The guy said it would take 7-10 business days to arrive so I figured I had another week to play and beat DQV DS. Yet as I was leaving for work today, lo and behold, there was a box outside with my name on it. So now I'm playing both Dragon Quest V and EarthBound.

Things have just gotten awesome.

I've been playing "Gothic 3" I have put about 14 hours in and I love it. Very awesome game. this is the reason that I have not started on DQV yet. It is just sitting on the shelf in it's package still.

I just picked up a copy of Rocket Slime this morning, so I'm popping that in the DS to start playing right now.

I was gonna get DQ IV or V, but they still want $40 new for it, and I couldn't find any used copies... I'll wait till they come down a bit to pick them up.

;) You'll enjoy Rocket Slime, it's an awesome change of pace from traditional RPGs and such. Plus the Tank Battles are fun too.

Well, I finally got Star Ocean: The Last Hope for the XBox 360 today (more like started playing it at around 10pm, or so). I've been playing it for almost 4 hours non-stop, if that tells you how addicting the game is! The game is a prequel to the series (need no previous knowledge of the series to play, although I have encountered a few references to past games already), and takes place approximately 300 years before the original Star Ocean. The game starts with a lengthy CGI intro. A.D. 2064, WWIII has broken out and Earth has become inhabitable (except for underground cities in Earth). After several weeks, a truce is made and many countries and scientists that survived the war help advance technology to search for a new home, in the "great star ocean." And, that is where the story begins...

Without giving too much away, the combat system is updated. Combat is addicting, to say the least! It's so fast-paced, and challenging (more so than previous installments), that it keeps you on your toes and awards you nicely by how well you play out in battles (there is a bonus board that gives more exp after battles, Fol (money) after battles, hp/mp regeneration or skill points, if certain conditions are made during the battle). Skill points are back, but not quite like Star Ocean or Star Ocean 2... I haven't really delved into them all that much, yet, but it is sort of similar to the older games. Crafting is back, as well, and is different from Star Ocean 3. It's quite unique, and although I haven't been able to mess with it too much yet, it requires your team to "think up" recipes during sessions and depending on your skill level in smithing, crafting, compounding, etc., the better and more recipes your characters will think up (also varying your teammates during the "thinking" process yields different recipes, as well). Then, you just need the ingredients to make the item (no failing in this one, like in previous games).

I have the game installed to my 360 harddrive (although, I heard even not installing it stays well up at 60 FPS without much dropping off), and it stays at a nice 60 FPS 99% of the time (I've only seen it dip when the camera was zoomed in close on 3-4 enemies as I was doing a chain combo, but even then it didn't drop low enough to stutter, maybe down to 45-50 FPS).

I plan on reviewing this game in the review forum when I complete it. Also, skill shops, weapon/armor shops are present (you still buy weapons and armor the old fashioned way, as well). And, although graphics are the least of my worries, it does have gorgeous visuals (playing it on my 52" Samsung at 1080p is killer, to say the least. A lot of bloom effects in the game, and shimmering).

Yeah, it is a fun little game. Nice mix of puzzle and action gaming. Well worth the $10.99 I spent on it. I managed to rescue 72 slimes before I hit the hay last night.

I also bought Orcs and Elves for the DS yesterday. I'd heard it was pretty good, and it was only $7.99 brand new. Gonna wait till I finish off Rocket Slime to start playing it though.

*ADDED*

Just finished off Rocket Slime... well, I got all 100 slimes and finished the plot anyway. I still need to go through Ranks A and S in the Tank Arena, but I'll do that tomorrow.

Edited by zcm