What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing Suikoden Tactics right now. Damn that game is difficult, at least if you want to avoid some of your members from dying permanently (and not get the 108 stars.)

;) Beat Esturk in Dragon Quest IV DS, currently balancing EXP out since well, it's a minor quirk I have. Now it's on to obtaining the Zenithian Sword.

Started Bahamut Lagoon for the SNES. I played this one many years ago, but never finished it. This time I plan on finishing it. Not too far in. Will update when I play some more.

Edited by Neclord

Just revived God in Dragon Warrior 7. Evidently my quest is not over...

Also just finished a play through of Dragon Warrior 1 for the GBC. It was good but I prefer the SNES version. That tiny screen just annoys me.

;) Finished up the main game of Dragon Quest IV DS now all that's left is the Bonus sections after that I'll move on to Phoenix Wright 2.
Maxed out my stats on Zelda 2. Now all I have to do is endure the caves leading to the Great Temple then its clear sailing from there.

I have maxed stats on everything, but I could never get past that King Slime character in a room right before the boss.

Those slimes that appeared always got me.

Been playing an New Game + of Blue Dragon for the XBox 360. Trying to get a few achievements I missed my first time around. Out of 1000, I managed to get 550, so we'll see if I can pick up the remaining 450 on this play through. Just started late last night, and got to the Lost Wilderness (right after flying the Mechat from Nene's fortress). Saved on the world map screen.

Nearing the end of Chrono Trigger (DS) and just started Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits. I think I'm going to move on to either Star Ocean: First Departure or Chrono Cross when I'm done with the former.

Just started playing Secret of Mana this afternoon. Never played it before but so far its badass.

SoM is bad ass! One of my favorite SNES games (loved the soundtrack, as well). After you have played that one play Secret of Evermore and Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2; you can find it fully translated on the web)... that is, if you never played those games before. Both SoE and SD3 are fantastic games, that shouldn't be missed.

Currently crossing between playing Mystera Legends and DWM2:TA. Both are very awesome.

;) I've finally beaten the Bonus Dungeon of Dragon Quest IV DS and kicked Radimvice to the curb, honestly though his final form was stronger than I had anticpated so I had to use Cristo for Increase, and Nara for Barrier, Pisaro is a total Badass in this game, having Bikill and an amazing Attack Power at only Level 36 he was able to knock off 200+ HP with each attack.

With this game complete, it's on to Phoenix Wright II.

Edited by Slime Master

Just got to the Ancient Hospital on Blue Dragon. My characters levels are around 11-12. I had to grind for a little while, as I'm playing in Hard mode, and it was kicking my ass pretty good, haha. Quite a difference from normal to hard, I tell you what! I'm actually enjoying it more so because of the up in difficulty. It's like going from FFII "easy-type" to FFIV (NDS). Night-and-day difference in difficulty. It was a free content download from XBox Live for hard mode. (From what I read, there is Ultra/Impossible mode upon completing Hard mode and starting a New Game +, not sure if I have the guts to ever try that difficulty, haha)

My characters Dragons/Classes:

Shu - 10 Sword Master / 9 Generalist

Jiro - 10 White Mage / 8 Black Mage

Kluke - 10 Black Mage / 8 White Mage

Once Jiro and Kluke get to 10 in Black/White Mage, I'll be switching Jiro to Barrier Magic and Kluke to Sword Master (or Generalist) haven't decided. With this play-through, I have to be careful with what classes to pick as certain stats rise and others fall depending on class, and I don't want my party to be too weak. The Ancient Hospital is a long and dangerous dungeon, and I don't want to go in ill-prepared.

I'm at 4:32:01 on my game clock as of my last save before turning it off.

EDIT: For those of you with a 360, and don't own Blue Dragon, do yourselves a favor and pick it up for $20 (that's how much it is brand new now). It's old-school JRPG goodness. Plus, it's made in conjunction with some greats: Hironobu Sakaguch (Director/Story), Akira Toriyama (Art/Monster Designs) and Nobuo Uematsu (Music). I'd go so far as to say I like it a bit better than Lost Odyssey.

Edited by Neclord

Just got Magical Starsign and Shining Force Exa. Both are great games so far. SF:E is giving me joygasm at it's awesomeness. They still kept the confusing confirm/cancel button switch for the save point though...Why use circle button to check the save spot, but have that same button used for the cancel button to get out of the save menu and use the X for confirm instead... Magicial Starsign is a lot more fun than i thought it'd be. The environments remind me of Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

Edit: *talks like John Travolta* O M G! Shining Force Exa is so much fun! And it only cost me 19.99 for a brand new copy. O.o

Just started Chapter 3 and used a core thing to unlock a training place. It's a place similar to the bonus dungeon in Shining Force Neo. Great place to grind and get some equips early. I'm definitely going to be playing this a lot.

Edited by MetroidXPS

currently playing DWM: Joker, about 40 or so hours, now on Fert isle. and I have to agree with Culix: level grinding sucks big time in that game.... BUT I keep playing it... go figure (video games are even more addicting than cigarettes...)

Just started playing Secret of Mana this afternoon. Never played it before but so far its badass.

SoM is bad ass! One of my favorite SNES games (loved the soundtrack, as well). After you have played that one play Secret of Evermore and Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2; you can find it fully translated on the web)... that is, if you never played those games before. Both SoE and SD3 are fantastic games, that shouldn't be missed.

I've beat SD3 and have to say it has one of the most badass soundtracks to date. I'm going to buy Evermore in a few weeks, I've heard the amazing soundtrack and everyone I know recommends it to my slowely growing snes collection. I just beat SoM and have to play it again, it was way too much fun. Easily one of the Snes games I'd take with me to a far away planet. Currently sunk back into Diablo 2 making a new summoning Druid. If anyone wants to join by all means PM me, partying with a good set of mates is always a blast.

Currently sticking into Far Cry 2. Brilliant game. I love the difficulty of the game. Adds a whole new dimension to fighting, its very similar to Crysis in this respect. You cant just charge in all guns blazing. Or youll get your head ripped off. But this just makes the game a million times more fun to play. Having to plot out how your going to get into the stronghold. Picking off enemys from the distance and slowly creeping your way into the mission objective. Also I love exploring the world of the game, unfortunately the constant interruptions from the ''baddies'' shooting at you does get very annoying after a while. You cant really drive much without getting shot at. Unless you stick to the forests. But you wont stay hidden for long. As patrol cars roam the roads almost constantly.

All in all though a 10/10 experience. I highly recommend it.

;) As you could tell by my lack of activity the last day or so, I've been absorbed into Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. Currently I'm on the end of the third case or rather the 75% mark. One more case to go until I move onto Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. After that Chrono Trigger DS is all that remains.

I haven't played my Ace Attorney game in awhile. Funny and interesting game, but I've never seen a courtroom like that before. :laugh: I'm waiting for the contempt of court charges.

I bought Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP today. I've been looking for it since last summer and was told only a limited amounts of copies where shipped out to gaming stores or electronics stores. I found a last copy at Best Buy for $20.

96 hours into Dragon Warrior 7. Time to Awaken the Terra Spirit.

Also, playing Dragon Warrior Monsters for the first time. Next gates are peace and bravery. Next arena round is D. So far this game is ok but I prefer the main series. I need to give it more time though. I am just getting into the breeding and getting used to the feeling of the game.