Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

73-0 on my NHL season. Up to 11.6gpg average, but my goals against has crept up to nearly 1.6 as well.

;) I've reached Chapter 4 of Mother 3 thus finally getting control of Lucas. After getting through Chapter three and escaping Terrorist Mario aka Fassad I managed to escape with the Princess and Wes from Chapter 2 but after running into some of the Pig Forces I was saved by Lucas and some Dragos.

I am playing crisis core again, and metal gear solid for psp(also again). Along with nba ballers.

;) I've started on Chapter 5 in Mother 3, currently building up some levels by fighting the Cattlesnakes and hoping to even levels out a little bit. Also, I seriously need to upgrade Duster's and Kumotora's Armor.

So far I'm starting my second playthrough of Chrono Trigger DS. Thanks to the Lost Sanctuary, I'm now mid/high 50's so I'm going to start gunning for different endings, especially since I've never gotten all of them. The change of script was good in most areas, it heavily lacked in others.

Along with that, I'm playing Darkstalkers: The Chaos Tower on my "PSP of Blasphemy" :evillaugh:

I still need to find a decent movelist to learn my damn characters.

If I'm not playing either, Im on Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst, leveling my Force.

Edited by Duran

Guest Plattym3

Been playing Rune Factory 2 for a couple weeks now. Putting in 1-2 hours a day (damn, no game timer). I just want to get married in the game so I can get to the 2nd half of the game which is pretty much what the whole game is about. The 2nd half of the game you take control of your son or daughter and then the game pretty much goes along like the first game. I can't wait to cook and forge and do other stuff.

;) Finally entered Chapter Seven of Mother three which seems to be somewhat non-liner compared to the previous six (Good lord was Chapter 6 Short of what?) as I was able to get one of the needles after fighting off a Cybernetic Ape. After whitnessing a masked man pull one of the seven needles I went exploring in the Chimera Lab and after fighting a Cybernetic Lion I managed to escape with the bubble monkeys and of course escape the ultimate Chimera.

I've been playing Tales of Vesperia on the xbox 360. This is the first Tales game since Symphonia that I really enjoy. Sometimes I've played the game for 4 hours at a time...a record for me nowadays.

I just finished up my regular season on 2k7... went a perfect 82-0. Averaged 11.9 goals per game and allowed 1.6 per game. Gonna start the playoffs tomorrow.

;) I've reached the final chapter of Mother 3 and thus reaching New Pork City. Here you see a very familiar foe from the previous Mother game and in one spot of the city you can see a few screenshots from Mother 2 (Earthbound). I also beat Fassad for the last time thus putting an end to Terrorist Mario once and for all.

Guest Plattym3

OK, so Rune Factory 2 is a LONG game. I've probably put 20+ hours into the game this week. I'm about half-way through my first summer and I've got 2 girls that want to marry me, although I think I'm one heart away from actually being able to marry either of them. But, this is still only the first HALF of the game. There's a new part coming up after I get married, have a kid, and build a school. Then the game basically begins like RF1 with weak ass tools and such that you need to upgrade, and cooking, and pharmacy stuff...

I'm having a blast with it!

;) Doing a little bit of Level Grinding in Mother 3 by trying to get another Thud Charm, the big attraction to this is not only does it provide +30 defense it also protects you against Status Problems even though these haven't been much of an issue for me during my play through of the game. Currently my Party's levels are in the high 60s.

Still chipping away at Doom 3 and Dead Space while suffering an addiction to CS Source.

Im nearing the halfway mark in Doom 3. The game is ridiculously scary. But this is kinda like a double edged blade. The good point is it enhances the lifespan of the game. But the bad point is that it makes it impossible to just sit down and play for a good few hours.

Im nearing the end of Dead Space. Im on Ch 6 so im about halfway through. Boys its an amazing game. Its not too scary while still being scary (If that makes any sense). Ch 4 and 5 were pretty mediocre. But the game picked itself up again in Ch 6. So its all good :)

Counter Strike Source....is ruining my life ;)

;) I've finished up Mother 3 finally after spending much of the day level grinding and getting some much needed equipment. The Final Boss fight was much like the Gygas Boss fight since you basicly just needed to heal after every attack.

Currently playing:

Blue Dragon (360)

Chrono Trigger (DS)

I'm about 25 hours into BD; and around 15 hours into CT.

Guest Plattym3

Finally have a pregnant wife on Rune Factory 2. This is taking forever for her to have the baby. I was going to have a girl since I've never played a Harvet Moon or Rune Factory game as a girl, but then I relized the underage hottie I'd been trying to impress in this age is a possible girlfriend in the future generation, so a boy it is. Have kid, build school, FINALLY get to the 2nd half of the game.

I've been playing Kirbynick's Quest II (A kirby fan game made with RPG Maker 2003) and I must say, the person making this is just insane. The hero sprites in battle look like they're repeatedly rubbing themselves off the floor. The world map is pretty small, as it is 20 x 15, the smallest possible area for a map. The intro was my favorite part. "Take... my... SPPRIT!" (Yes, spirit was spelled wrong in the game.) "ULTIMATE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

;) I decided to resume my play through of Lennus 2 after that nasty bug. Currently I have obtained and mastered all of the Spirits available and I am currently exploring the Lennus Continent. In the towns you explore you'll hear about the exploits of the Heroes from the original Lennus (Chenzi). I've also re obtained all eight of the seals that were stolen from me by the "Elite Four" of Granada's Army. Now it's off to the Corridor of Trials and the end of the game. Next up will probably be another attempt at Ultima 3 or Ultima: Exodus.

I haven't been around for a while because I've put about 110 hours into FFXII (replay) and have just started playing Persona 4. I liked Persona 3 but, kind of ironically for a story-led RPG, I felt it was at its worst when the main story was the focus of the game. It was good when it was just the characters doing more "low key" missions but when the main story got laid out in front of me I just felt it was pretty uninteresting and weak. There was a particular scene, a big revealing scene about a certain character's plan, that was so horribly cheesily done and the hammy but passable voice acting really came apart at the seams here.

Anyway, P4 seems to be way more focused on the characters rather than some cheesy story so far. The voice acting is similar to P3 - there are some characters who make you want to mute it whenever anyone else is nearby and may be listening to you play (the Death kid in P3, Teddie in P4), there are voices that are decent but sound obviously like acting (Mitsuru in P3, Chie in P4) and then there are the top tier voices that are pretty believable but can still sound a little flat at times (Junpei in P3, Yosuke in P4).

Sadly, there are some typos and basic spelling errors in the game and quite a lot of mistakes in the official guide. It makes the whole package feel a little cheap. As the game illiterately says "It's rediculous!"

So far just playing Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst on my lappy.

I finished all 13 endings on Chrono Trigger and I'm too lazy to complete the bestiaries. On occasion, I'll pick up Darkstalkers on the PSP and play that.

Beat Prince of Persia 2 days ago. Got every achievement. It definitely was a pretty game with lots of difficulty.

Now yesturday I stumbled upon the english patch for Mother 3. I've been waiting a long time to play this and so I loaded it up. I just started Chapter 3 and must say, this game could possibly be my favorite game, knocking Dragon Quest V finally in second. This game is way too fun and emotional.

Been a while since I saw this thread.

I recently beat DQ4 and Knights Of The Old Republic 1 and 2. Good games, would be great if it wasn't for the crash problems.

Also beat "The Godfather" and once again played (haven't beaten in 10 years) Tex Murphy Overseer.

I may try Actraiser or go back to FFIII or Suikoden II (That's a tough game to finish 108 stars) next. I haven't finished them yet.

Plattym3, reading your posts is making me really want to play a RF game. I've never played one but it sounds really fun.

I'm still chugging away at The Last Remnant. I haven't updated for awhile, but I'm well into the game. Still on the first disc, but nearing the end of it. I've played over 60 hours on this disc alone (that is my rough estimate, as I'm kind of keeping track - this game doesn't have an in-game timer [stupid I think]). I have done 39 quests out of 42. The second disc is suppose to be longer! And I'm currently on the 40th quest. This game is... just magnificent. I honestly cannot describe it. The story, characters, game play are top-notch! The beginning can be a bit hectic as they throw a lot at you, but as you start to grasp it, it turns out to be mighty fun. Everything from the battles, to item customization (obtaining components to upgrade current weapons and armor; and creating new weapons and armor at shops), to obtaining said rare materials through nodes and monsters (rare monsters and bosses drop materials, as well) scattered around the world. The music is probably some of the best I've heard since Final Fantasy Tactics and FFXII. Quite epic and it fits the mood well. Each area has it's own music, I have YET to hear the same track to two different areas. Even the battle music changes depending on what is going on. There has seriously got to be close to 150+ pieces of music. It is insane.

The only downfall I can see with the game is it is not forgiving. The difficulty sways back and forth. One minute it is easy then all of a sudden you link 2-3 enemy encounters... but what you didn't realize was you linked a rare monster and it could be game over (I found the difficulty with some bosses roughly the same way, I could face one that didn't pose a problem, then an hour later the next one mops the floor with me and I have to rethink my strategy to beat them, whether it is using different hired soldiers and leaders or using different union formations to gain advantages). For this reason, I feel the "save anywhere" is a godsend (except for battles and cut scenes) For some, this is great. I personally don't mind it, as it keeps you on your toes at all times. I know some won't want that pendulum of difficulty but rather a steady incline throughout the game.

I dare say, it is probably my favorite JRPG on the Xbox 360. Beating out Tales of Vesperia. Such a great game.

Edited by Neclord