Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

I'm playing DQV for the DS now. It was slow going at the beginning because I'm slow at reading Japanese, but I'm starting to get used to the language used in the games and I can advance faster now. I think I'm 6 hours in and I just got to the castle with the spoiled Prince Henry.

I have a save in DW3 (English) for the NES started but I haven't played it in a while. I was going to try to go through the game with a hero and 3 soldiers. :) I also started a save in NES DQ4 (Japanese) because I wanted to try playing in Japanese (this was before I got DQV for my birthday), but I haven't touched it in a while.

So pretty much DQV is the game I'm playing now. Hopefully I will finish it by the time DQIX comes out. I'm also looking at Phantasy Star 0, which comes out on Xmas here (another series I enjoyed a lot as a kid).

Phantasy Star Zero is just the DS version of Phantasy Star Online. Well, I don't mean to say "just" - PSO is one of my favourite games of all time. It's just that the way you phrased it: a series you enjoyed as a kid, leads me to believe that you're expecting it to be like the Master System/Mega Drive games. It has an offline story mode but then so did the Phantasy Star Universe games; they were basically PSO2 with a pretty tacky and rushed out Story Mode shoehorned into the PSO engine.

That all sounds pretty negative. PSZ or PS0 (however you prefer) is one of the games I'm most looking forward to but just don't expect anything like the classic PS1 to PS4 gameplay and storylines.

from what i have read phantasy star zero will be a buy for me definetly

and in rogue galaxy i spent more time on insectron stuff (needs to stop [ulling me away for the story lol)

and just got the key on vedan..but i dont want to get any further yet i need to get some of the party members caught back up in gear (they fall behind fast if you dont use them alot) but my main team is ussually Jaster,Steve,and Jupis(<-- is the best charcter for his goofy skills)

Playing through DW7 (first time). I just got to Loomin after picking up Melvin and finishing off the Probina area. I think I may have leveled my classes a bit too much after Hamelia though because the challenge factor is a bit low lately. I hope this Hellvine I am hearing about is a bit more difficult.

;) Did more level grinding in Lennus 2, so far I have managed to build everyone's spells up to Level 5. Seems like with every 32 spirits you nab from using your spells in battle or killing a monster with the matching spirit, you gain a level in your currently equipped spirit. What I am hoping I can do at some point is have the ability to equip all eight spirits on the main Hero. But on the upside I think my magic will be very powerful for the current point I am at. After all on some monsters I am dealing over a thousand points of damage. Everyone's Statistic Level is 13 and I have gotten the optimum Equipment I can get at this point.

Gonna start playing Warhammer: Online when I get it installed and patched in the next few hours. I've always enjoyed PVP in MMORPGs (World of Warcraft's battlegroundss really helped me get into it, and people I've talked to that have played Warhammer say it's 10x better than WoW's battlegrounds).

Although I'll be playing Warhammer: Online, I'll probably take a small break from it in two weeks when The Last Remnant (which looks sweet!) from Square-Enix comes out for the XBox 360. For those looking for another JRPG after Tales of Vesperia, here it is. I hope it is as good as the previews and video's make it look (the battles look the most interesting; some are saying it reminds them of FFXII in terms of game-play and game-concepts [battles are totally different from one another, The Last Remnant uses an enhanced turn-based battle system]).

So, for those with a 360, I would look into this game. It is a new IP from Square-Enix, directed by Hiroshi Takai (considered the "mover-and-shaker" in terms of battle effects for Square-Enix); Executive Producer Akitoshi Kawazu (Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and Final Fantasy XII); and composed by Tsuyoshi Sekito (Guitarist for the Black Mages, did arrangements for Chrono Trigger (PS), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Dawn of Mana and Brave Fencer Musashi).

It looks to be a traditional high-fantasy RPG from Square-Enix.

Actually its also coming to PS3 as well. Some time early next year.So around Jan or feb

Gonna start playing Warhammer: Online when I get it installed and patched in the next few hours. I've always enjoyed PVP in MMORPGs (World of Warcraft's battlegroundss really helped me get into it, and people I've talked to that have played Warhammer say it's 10x better than WoW's battlegrounds).

Although I'll be playing Warhammer: Online, I'll probably take a small break from it in two weeks when The Last Remnant (which looks sweet!) from Square-Enix comes out for the XBox 360. For those looking for another JRPG after Tales of Vesperia, here it is. I hope it is as good as the previews and video's make it look (the battles look the most interesting; some are saying it reminds them of FFXII in terms of game-play and game-concepts [battles are totally different from one another, The Last Remnant uses an enhanced turn-based battle system]).

So, for those with a 360, I would look into this game. It is a new IP from Square-Enix, directed by Hiroshi Takai (considered the "mover-and-shaker" in terms of battle effects for Square-Enix); Executive Producer Akitoshi Kawazu (Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and Final Fantasy XII); and composed by Tsuyoshi Sekito (Guitarist for the Black Mages, did arrangements for Chrono Trigger (PS), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Dawn of Mana and Brave Fencer Musashi).

Actually its also coming to PS3 as well. Some time early next year.So around Jan or feb

Yes, that is true, but alas I don't own a PS3. BUT, for those that do and don't own a 360, it is coming for that as well.

Yes, that is true, but alas I don't own a PS3. BUT, for those that do and don't own a 360, it is coming for that as well.

My friend your in luck. Its also coming to PC.

;) Made a little more progress last night, I managed to snag the Blue Flame from the second dungeon with no difficulty at all. Also I've managed to max out my level for the Flame Spirit. Like many SNES RPGs the maximum number of mastery is 255 and it will go no higher and now have moved on to the Light Spirit and reached the half way mark with it. Also the party's levels are all 16, I'm gonna shoot for 18 to 20 before moving on to get the next jewel needed for the Great Union. Also, I am probably well over leveled for this portion of the game considering I can knock off as much as 3000 damage with some of my spells at this point. :laugh:

Guest Plattym3

I AM SO PISSED OFF!

OK, 2 weeks ago I ordered the Pokemon Ranger guide from Amazon and it was shipped a week ago Wednesday and got to me a week ago Friday (2 days). After all the regional shipping area is ~100 miles away. So, this week the Rune Factory 2 guide gets shipped on Tuesday and DOESN'T arrive on Friday. SON OF A BEECH (tree, that is). So, now I'm not getting the guide until December 1st as I get everything mailed to my work, and I won't be there this next week. ARGH!!!

Oh well, I started the game and have done probably 3 hours of playtime in just 2 game days. It's a blast, but seems as though it's way too much easier than the first game. I really don't know yet, but apparently I can already get to all 4 dungeons already and my tools can already do stuff like hoe/water 9 squares at a time. While I like that ability, it doesn't really give me something to strive for early on.

Currently I'm playing DQ IV for the DS. Haven't had so much time to play and I just started so I've been playing for 1 and a half to 2 hours and I'm currently a bit into Chapter 2 at the moment. But I'm also on vacation at the moment so I play when I got time which is not too often currently.

Oh well, I started the game and have done probably 3 hours of playtime in just 2 game days. It's a blast, but seems as though it's way too much easier than the first game. I really don't know yet, but apparently I can already get to all 4 dungeons already and my tools can already do stuff like hoe/water 9 squares at a time. While I like that ability, it doesn't really give me something to strive for early on.

That's not a good sign. The first one was easy enough as is. Leveling was so easy in that game.

As for my Shining Force Neo progress, I'm up to the Ordeal of Light/Legion Hive part, which is near the end, but there's a lot to do. I'm finally leveling past 100 now because of the legion hives No other place besides the last dungeon and bonus dungeon can give me enough exp in 100+ besides those 2o or so legion hives. Just sad you can only finish each hive once(they stay gone). Some of those hives are too tough for me atm, even with all the power I've gained. Probably will have to wait until I finish the ordeal of lights, which will boost my stats insanely high.

Edited by MetroidXPS

Started playing Chrono Trigger DS the other day. Certain things that I took for granted at the time now seem quite amazing, even if they were in a modern RPG, whereas certain things that impressed me at the time now seem quite ordinary. It's nice to play a game you haven't played for ages just to get that different perspective on it. It has some nice new additions - as well as the optional DS controls that are well integrated (though slightly pointless, since the traditional controls are actually easier to use), there's a new ending you can get, a monster arena (you have to train him and enter him in battles - you can also do wifi battles) and I think there's also a coliseum thing for your party, though I may have made that up.

There's also an Extras menu that features 8 different categories of unlockable stuff: the music, artwork, the anime cutscenes, a bestiary, an item list and a list of all the techniques you've gained with a description of each. The 7th and 8th categories are currently locked for me - perhaps one of them lets you view any of the ending you've achieved?

Edited by Teclo

I was suffering from the Sunday blues, so I pulled out my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team. I've beaten the whole game except for getting all legendary Pokemon, and I have over 150 hours logged into the game. I'm "starting over" with a new Pokemon to take into the dungeons.

I have a Pokemon named Skitter that is a Level 35 Vibrava and knows Sand Tomb, Dragonbreath, Toxic, and Dig.

A bit of an update on Shining Force Neo. I got most of the legion hives done and one more ordeal of light to finish. Only legions hives left are Devil and Y-Arm(all dragons). Devil is the hard hitting one(even the minions are hard). The boss can one hit KO me, even with it's long range dark magic >_<. Only problem I have with Y-Arm is that the boss' hp never goes down....He recovers faster than I can do damage to it..>> Once I can finish those two, the ultimate legion hive becomes available. I think I will need to finish up the ordeal of light so I have that extra boost in stats to finish the legion hives. I'm currently level 120, so 80 more levels until the max. :P

Guest Plattym3

That's not a good sign. The first one was easy enough as is. Leveling was so easy in that game.

Actually, I'm finding this game quite odd right now. I guess I've already gone everywhere I can and don't see a point in doing anything but getting my friendship levels up with everyone. They started telling me their favorite foods, so I now need to go plant them in the 4 seasonal dungeons.

;) If it's just like the PSX version of the game the seventh and eighth unlockable sections would be the descriptions of the endings and how to get them and official character artwork and conception art.

I'm up to the first part of the final battle in shining force neo. level 134. I think I need to level a bit more and master some more force arts, because the boss pwn'd me. I still haven't done Devil nor Y-Arm Legion Hive yet.

;) I've reached the second world of Lennus 2 and was greeted by a Blue Haired babe who placed a stone curse upon me. Needless to say I defeated her in combat and rid myself of said curse. Now, under the orders of the King of Ritz (?) who bears a resemblance to Aang from Avatar the Last Air Bender, I seek the seven seals, after claiming the first one and defeating the demon of the mine. As well as open up a new area to explore.

Just got The Last Remnant earlier today, and managed to put around an hour into it so far. I've read a lot of reviews and such saying the game suffers from bad slow-downs and texture popping... now, I have yet to notice this, but that could be because I installed the game to the XBox 360 hard drive (allowing much faster seek-times than the DVD player). You still need the disc in the tray to play off the hard drive, but it doesn't use the disc (no spinning; I'm going to assume that the XBox looks for a serial number or some sort of hidden key on the disc for anti-piracy reasons). When you first start you're thrown almost instantly into a battle, without any explanations. The battles remind me of Suikoden III's battle-system, but on a greater scale. I have only fought a few battles, but I have enjoyed every minute of it. I can see a lot of strategy being played in battles. Battles are turn-based. And, unlike most RPGs, you gain HPs, AP (Magic), and attributes by what you do in battle a la Final Fantasy Legends and SaGa Frontier games. No level or experience system.

Now, I don't know about the story, but from reviews I read it is more of a political/medieval story-line, in kin with Final Fantasy Tactics or Suikoden, rather than the traditional "save the world from this one guy"-type storyline (which is great, in my opinion, I like these stories better). You can save anywhere in this game, as long as you have access to the menu screen. I've heard reasoning's behind this was 1) This game has greater difficulty and 2) Added surprises (in other words, most other RPGs throw a save right before a main battle, etc., not with this game, there are no indications as so). Whatever the case, I think it is a nice added feature.

Well, I'll update more tomorrow when I get some more time with it. It is looking promising!

Edited by Neclord

;) I've managed to find six of the seven seals needed to progress in the game and I am working on obtaining the seventh. Also I managed to get the Earth Spirit and am currently powering it up and am close to maxing out said spirit. Also my levels are 26, 26, 27, and 25.

Playing Super Castlevania at the moment. On stage 7 in the library. Once I beat this I'm goona start DQ IV on DS since I haven't even opened the box for 2 weeks now.

;) I decided I couldn't wait anymore and thus started playing Mother 3. Let me just say the wait was WELL worth it!! This game is epic already and I'm only on the first chapter. Anyways after a massive tragedy I find myself currently in jail.

I got Dead Space during the week. Boys though what can I say. Its by a far mile one of the greatest games I've ever played. Everything about it so far is amazing. The Story, the graphics, the voilence() the scares. I didnt expect it to be anywhere near as good as it is. But by god it is. I recommend

Also Im playing in in conjuction with Doom 3. I havent slept all week :)