Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

Some people (like me, Thorr, Pendy, etc.) post their current adventures in their signature, but I wanted to see what everyone's currently playing and how far into it they are.

I'm about 28 hrs. into Grandia II. Probably will beat it in another few days, I'm about 85% done with the game according to the strategy guide.

I'm about 20 hrs. into Golden Sun. I just disembarked the ship for the Colosso Tournament (I think that's the name). Can't wait to finally try out some of the gambling options. Gotta get my truck fixed at the dealer on Friday, so chalk up a few more hours that I'll put in in the waiting room (unless they're nice enough to have a courtesy van).

Edited by Plattym3

Even though mine are listed (in my sig), I'll try to say where I'm currently at, and how long I've been playing.

I've got around 80 hours into my character in World of Warcraft, now WoW, as it's known, is a MMORPG, and goes on pretty much forever, or until you cancel your account, so in reality, I could put thousands of hours in the next few years into this game, on multiple characters.

Suikoden IV, I just got it a few hours ago, I put the game in the signature yesterday, expecting it to show up, but it didn't. I got it now, and I've put in around 30 minutes, watched the beginning video, and pretty much the first 15 minutes of the story, now I'm doing my own thing in the game, undertaking my first quest as a graduating cadet :). So far, it's pretty cool. I've been a fan of the Suikoden games since 1996 when the first one was released for the PS1. Really, guys, if you want a few new RPGs for your PS2, get Suikoden III, and Suikoden IV, try them out. It's such a under appreciated series, to me it's my second favorite series now, after re-playing them all again. Give them a try, and give Konami support :). It's like The 7th Saga, so under appreciated. And they have some of the best stories out of any RPG I've played. (The ending to the first Suikoden left me breathless, they executed the ending to that one excellent, truely a marvelous series.)

Final Fantasy V, I just entered the second world, where you are stranded on the island. Got a total time of 12 hours into it.

Golden Sun: The Lost Age, beat it again yesterday, and forgot to put it in my last beaten game section of my signature. I had 32 hours.

Metroid Prime 2: 5 hours in.

I'd have a lot more time if it weren't for work and grad school.

Baten Kaitos : I'm about 3/4 of the way through. It's quite an interesting game.

Pikmin 2 : 2nd playthrough. 8000/10000 Pokos. This game is awesome, and the last boss is the hardest last boss i've faced in quite some time.

Metroid Prime 2 : About 3 hours in. It dosen't hold my interest like the first MP, but this is still a kick-ass game.

Mario 64DS : Finished the game with 150 stars. Now i'm stumped on what to do with my DS.... it's gonna be a while before we get more games.

GTA: San Andreas; 18 hours in, 14% complete.

Metroid Prime 2: Got crushed by the boss of the game a few times... I hope that where I keep dying at is the end, at least. I'm, like... weak, though.

Oh I would've posted my Paper Mario 2 info, but I just beat it RIGHT before I came on here. Very good game. Challenging at points, actually. :P

FF5 - Currently controlling "Chris (the hero) and Krile", I think - I LOVE this part of the game.

Legaia2 for ps2, 11hours into it

Legend of Dragoon for ps1, around 43 hours, almost finished third disc

Persona2 for ps1 30 hours

Not sure how far exactly I am in any of those, haven't played any of them in awhile either.

What is Suikoden IV like?

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 3rd playthrough just started, about 40 hours sunken into it in total.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - 2nd playthrough just started, about 17 hours sunken into in total so far. I really wish I could've found Substance... :(

Half-Life for PS2 - Maybe like 3 hours in.

Phantom Brave - 12 hours in, haven't played this much... I will once I've had my fill of the amazing game that is Snake Eater.

Soul Calibur 2 - Almost done weapons master completely. No real progress report needed.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - 25 hours into a second playthrough on Galaxy mode. I have something like 90 battle trophies now. I'll be playing this on and off for a while

Legend of Dragoon - Can't remember my hours, but I just got to the valley of warped gravity on Disc 2.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Just got it yesterday for $15!!! I'm in the 3rd dungeon.

Yeah, I'm playing a lot at once, but the variety of the games means that I don't get bored and waste my time watching TV.

;) Like it says in my signature I am currently questing through Pokemon Leaf Green Versions, the last of the four games I got this past christmas and after that I am looking to finish Pokemon Crystal Version and DWIII GBC (About freakin time too.)

Guest Plattym3

Beat Grandia II yesterday with 33+ hours put in. Started on Grandia Xtreme (the bastard child of the series). Not too bad, but not too good yet. Only 1 mission complete (~3 hours). Haven't played much Golden Sun at all lately.

Metroid Prime 2 : About 3 hours in. It dosen't hold my interest like the first MP, but this is still a kick-ass game.

I found Metroid Prime 2 to be extremely dull at first, compared to the first game. But now that I get to explore more of Dark Aether and fight some real bosses, the game got a lot more interesting.(Enough so to make it hard to put the controller down)

Next game on my list after this one is Resident Evil 4. I've been hearing good things about this.

Guest Plattym3

Whew, nice 4-day weekend. I had Friday off because I wanted to and had the car at the dealer (a nice surprise, did you know that airbags are covered under a longer warrenty period than the standard 3 yr./36,000 mi. that most cars come with, totally awesome!) and didn't have to go to work today (thanks MLK). So, put in about 11 hours on Grandia Xtreme. The battle system/skills/mana eggs pissed me off at first, but I'm actually enjoying them (dare I say) more than the other 2 Grandias. I think I'd love to see a Grandia 3 someday with a story like #2, but the skills & mana eggs like Xtreme. Gotta get back to my Golden Sun game someday, but my PS2 intreges me far too much.

Rumor has it that if a Grandia 3 is ever made, it'd be on a microsoft system. Apparently, they bought GameArts a little while back.

Rumor has it that if a Grandia 3 is ever made, it'd be on a microsoft system. Apparently, they bought GameArts a little while back.

Damn, it's gonna be put under the Devil's company (literally).

Edited by Thorr

;) Bill Gates making an RPG. Somehow this doesn't surprise me seeing as he probably looks like a big RPG fan anyways. Of course I could be totally wrong about this whole deal. Just think of this post as a little crackpot theory from your friendly neighborhood Slime.

Metroid Prime 2: I'm pretty far in the game, I guess I'm probably fighting the same boss as Leon is/was. 18:28 and 77%.

Paper Mario 2: Also pretty far, I'm in the final "stage" of the game. 29:39.

San Andreas: 25 hours and 37% in. Wow. I thought I was farther than that. :puzzled:

Metal Gear Solid 3: No idea how far I am. I would guess I'm in the final stretch, but from my experiences with the last two games I've learned to never judge progress by plot progression. :P 11:01.

Vice City: 11:09 and 39%.

That's about all I'm playing right now. That's not to say I don't have a whole pile of games that I need to get to finishing. :P I've got a bad habit of dropping games while I'm near the end to start playing fresh ones.

Edited by MetalIke

I've got a bad habit of dropping games while I'm near the end to start playing fresh ones.

I know exactly what you mean! :o I did that to several, several games... include one that I find myself talking about often on here - Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. I got to Centre (love the Canadian spelling) and then I just stopped for no apparent reason. And I did that to Final Fantasy 9, too. I felt bad though, after awhile, so I went back and played them. Hmmmm...

Oh - I'm bringing Star Ocean 3 back to life in my PS2. I finally gathered the ambition to start using workshops, continue levelling my star party up, and get through one of the many bonus dungeons. Although now I'm having trouble with a specific one in the Urssa Cave Temple-y thingy.

Well, just beat Suikoden IV for the PS2. Man, I didn't even know I was at the end guy! I beat him, and all of a sudden it started scrolling the endings similar in the other games (for those of you who have played the series, you probably know what I'm refereing to, the future of the Stars of Destiny). Good game, nonetheless, one of the characters: Snowe Vingerhut, has to be one of the most interesting characters from a RPG in quite a few years, really, Konami did his story quite well, I thought, kudos to them for Snowe.

Total time: 36:47. Got New Game +, not sure I'm gonna play it though.

Now, I'm playing Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots (again!). Right now playing "The New World" campaign setting, playing as the Americans, who are trying to break away from British rule, and claim North America as their own (I even went as far as conquering all of Canada -- sorry Canadians it had to happen :biggrin:). So far, I've taken out the Iroqois (I believe thats how you spell it), and the Lakota tribes, just focusing on the Brits, who are inhabiting New England for themselves. Their time will come, in the near future, I'll beat that campaign, and go onto "The Cold War" campaign.

Possible *SPOILERS* (this is in regard to Star Ocean 3).

Oh, and Leon Geeste, since you are re-playing SO3 (I've been thinking about re-playing it as well), just wait till you get to the floor 211 in Sphere 211 :D. Talk about difficulty SKYROCKTING through the roof! Be prepared is all I have to say. Level 200+. By the time I beat it, I was around level 225 with my main party.

Still playing San Andreas here and there, but I've been busy with other things.

Standing at 31 hours 69% complete.

Playing:

Baten Kaitos (GC) - 20 hours or so

;) Now I have decided to play through Dragon Warrior III yet again (NES version) next I will probably play through Lufia or something.

Ah lufia one of the best rpg's ive ever played i have the 2nd one on the snes (it's actually the first out of all of them i got) the 1st one presented a bit of challenge (omg that thing was hard as a mother it took me forever to get to lvl75 and beat the game and i was using a *coughemulator* and even with turbo mode it was hard!!!) the 3rd one i like a lot and the music was good i have to go find it in my room i hope i didnt lose it... it's one the best. The 4th i just stopped playing it... i didn't like it.

NE Ways right now im playing Romancing Saga 3 wow it's an awsome kick-@$$ game i like the ability to choose your hero and have the best military minigames with Mikhail (if you choose him that is)... i've got some other's like Robotrek pretty cool...just a bunch of good ol' snes games i missed because i was just to young to purchase them...

*Potential Spoiler Post*

Oh, and Leon Geeste, since you are re-playing SO3 (I've been thinking about re-playing it as well), just wait till you get to the floor 211 in Sphere 211 . Talk about difficulty SKYROCKTING through the roof! Be prepared is all I have to say. Level 200+. By the time I beat it, I was around level 225 with my main party.

Wow - Maria JUST got to level 110. Cliff and Nel are about level 100... everyone else is waaaay behind. So right now the girls have about 15000 HP while Cliff has 20000... I just got to - LOL, ironically - level 110 in Sphere 211. Some enemies are difficult, but I synthesized about 5 30% Atk/Def Boots of Prowess to Maria's Shadow Phase Gun, so her Scatter Beam, Gravity Bullet, and Energy Blast attacks (whichever I use most often, usually the Energy Blast one) kill most everything fairly quickly.

I gave up fighting Fayt (paired with Adray, I'm assuming it's whoever he was with at the end of the game), and left... so much to do!

Guest Plattym3
Ah lufia one of the best rpg's ive ever played i have the 2nd one on the snes (it's actually the first out of all of them i got) the 1st one presented a bit of challenge (omg that thing was hard as a mother it took me forever to get to lvl75 and beat the game and i was using a *coughemulator* and even with turbo mode it was hard!!!) the 3rd one i like a lot and the music was good i have to go find it in my room i hope i didnt lose it... it's one the best. The 4th i just stopped playing it... i didn't like it.

Which Lufia game is for the Gameboy? Is that any good?