Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken

Dquester

It seems that a group named Shining-Fansubs has subbed the 1st Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken episode in english. Its around 170 megs so I advise only trying to d/l if you have broadband. It is bittorrent so you'll need a bt client.

Baka Update's Shining-Fanbsubs section

I watched it and it seems to be loosly based in and around the roto triliogy. Monsters from the 1st 3 dq games and char classes in dq3 are present. From the intro and beginning it looks like there will be 3 heros like in dq2.

Cool, thanks for the news :)

;) Alrighty!! The Loto (Erdrick here in the states :wink: ) trilogy has always been my favorite Dragon Quest story arc. I can't wait to see this.

Looks good to me for what I watched of it :thumbsup:

I'd rather say it's based on DQIV for the plot. Though lots of monsters come from DQI to III.

Besides, it was created during the gap between the release of DQIII and that of DQIV. And supervised by Yuji Horii, the storywriter for the Dragon Quest Game Series.

Did you even watch it Kilvan? Its so obvious that it is set in the Roto trilogy. First off the Roto and Tenku trilogies don't connect so why would there be so many monsters and characters from the Roto trilogy in it if it is based on dq4? There's not a single monster from dq4 in it. The world map looks a lot like dq2's world map. The fake hero and his party are dressed exactly like the party in dq3. Same goes for the flashback of a past hero and his party defeaing the great evil of the time.

;) I want to see this episode but I do not have a BT account where can I go to get one? Thanks in Advance.

You don't need an account, BitTorrent is a transfer program like FTP just a different way to do it

The original BT client is at http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

I have tried Shareaza with good results http://www.shareaza.com/

Then you just need to open that .torrent file with either of those programs and it will go out and find people that have it and start downloading. ;)

Did you even watch it Kilvan? Its so obvious that it is set in the Roto trilogy. First off the Roto and Tenku trilogies don't connect so why would there be so many monsters and characters from the Roto trilogy in it if it is based on dq4? There's not a single monster from dq4 in it. The world map looks a lot like dq2's world map. The fake hero and his party are dressed exactly like the party in dq3. Same goes for the flashback of a past hero and his party defeaing the great evil of the time.

Yes. I watched the entire series in fact. And I have the entire manga. So I know what I'm talking about.

You are basing your judgement on your first impressions.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

-

-

-

-

But as you will continue to watch the anime, several elements typical for the Zenithian Trilogy will show up: the Chosen Ones, the hero being partly human/partly "zenithian", a "zenithian" sword, a dark world, etc...

True, the fake hero and the true hero are reminescent of the Roto trilogy. But, the story in itself is much closer to the Tenku trilogy.

Rpgking: Maybe you don't have enough ports open or your isp limits the speed of certain port ranges. BitTorrents works on sharing u/l and d/l bewteen several computers not a single peer to peer system. It usually speeds up once you get some finished pieces to u/l to other ppl.

Archived