Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leonardo

Slim Shady Lp

I "M LOOKING FOR SINCE LAST YEAR , ANYBODY HAVE IT?

;) Your not going to find much of no one who owns Emaem (SP?) cds here let alone any type of popular music. Try looking on something like Walmart.com or Amazon.com for the cd but once again, you won't find it here.

What does the LP stand for? When I saw it I thougnt you were looking for an LP (a long-play record) of Eminem.

Eminem's first album is called The Slim Shady LP.

I have it, and I ain't letting it go, either. :tongue2:

It is not the first album , the first album is the INFINITE remember?

:)

I have the marshall mathers lp , the eminem show , and 8 mile mobile !

So the LP stands for... absolutely nothing? It's just random letters?

;) Yes apparently it does. But that's what you have to expect from Rap Artists, especially in this day and age.

Yeah, I've noticed. The way I see rap is just swearing and trying to create any kind of shock value possible. I feel that it's degrating to music for it to be called that.

;) Well as my dad has always said this about Rap music or whatever they call it now adays. Rap or Hiphop or whatever, is nothing more than a bunch of people with little or no talent to jump around and proove that they are indeed a bunch of untalented oafs. Where as Soul Singers of the 30s 40s and 50s and Musicians like Louis Armstrong, have loads of talent and though now deceased still are revered to this day.

Slime Master Posted on Jul 20 2004, 02:40.56 AM

Well as my dad has always said this about Rap music or whatever they call it now adays. Rap or Hiphop or whatever, is nothing more than a bunch of people with little or no talent to jump around and proove that they are indeed a bunch of untalented oafs. 

LOL .... I like your dad :D

LOL .... I like your dad 

Hahahaha!! I'm sure he would appreciate that alot. On a side note, When my dad used to have Long Hair, He beared a striking resemblance to Papas of Dragon Quest V fame. Anyways, as for Rap Music, I am inclined to agree with my dad 100 percent.

I dont agree with you !

I think the rap is freedom to expresion !

The rap exist to give a shot to evebody , the hip hop born from the rage what you keep inside !

My rap came from my rage ( yes , my songs )

I think rap artist is people who have courage to say a lot things what nobody say !( like armstrong )

armstrong just sing that stupid songs !

Put Eminem : he say about usa , her mom , talk about herself !

And now armstrong ???? What big thing he did to us !what is the big message in her songs ?

By the way : ALL the rap musics have a message to pass to us ! ALL !

I think the rap is freedom to expresion !

Freedom of expression (as all other freedoms) end where the others' freedom begins.

The rap exist to give a shot to evebody , the hip hop born from the rage what you keep inside !

My rap came from my rage ( yes , my songs )

I think rap artist is people who have courage to say a lot things what nobody say !( like armstrong )

armstrong just sing that stupid songs !

Put Eminem : he say about usa , her mom , talk about herself !

And now armstrong ???? What big thing he did to us !what is the big message in her songs ?

People do stand up, to say what they have to. They don't have to be singers: they can be part of a pacifical (or activist) movement, or other associations. Some chose to sing and some of them do have the skill to sing, but sometimes listening to someone who acts up like a monkey and jumps around non-stop (because his pants are way too down), well it's better to put your ears away.

By the way : ALL the rap musics have a message to pass to us ! ALL !

Unfortunately, the messages are about all the same, more or less: sex, women, drugs, cars, thugs, sports... rarely have I heard of political, social problems. :puzzled:

Personally, it is more important to be concerned about social & political problems than about a guy who slept with another man's wife... you don't live that guy's life, but you dolive with your society, with your government.

So the LP stands for... absolutely nothing? It's just random letters?

No, you were right. LP stands for long play. It was the term for records that would have more than just a couple of singles on it from way back in the early music industry. For the most part, LP just means a full length album.

Unfortunately, the messages are about all the same, more or less: sex, women, drugs, cars, thugs, sports... rarely have I heard of political, social problems.

You've never heard of a little group called Public Enemy, have you.

What you see on MTV and its affiliates is just one side of the hip hop phenomenum. There's plenty of great stuff out there but of course it isn't all that marketable; social issues are rarely ever dealt with in pop culture.

And Slime Master: There's a lot of soulful hip hop out there as well. The new release from Ghostface has plenty of classic R&B tracks played in their entirety while Ghostface improvises over top; quality stuff.

Sykonee Posted on Jul 20 2004, 06:55.56 PM

You've never heard of a little group called Public Enemy, have you.

What you see on MTV and its affiliates is just one side of the hip hop phenomenum. There's plenty of great stuff out there but of course it isn't all that marketable; social issues are rarely ever dealt with in pop culture.

Unfortuately, I don't get MTV here in Montreal :) But I do get the picture concerning that channel.

For Public Enemy, no I have not heard of it.

And I know, I should've made my sentence this way: "Unfortunately, many messages are about all the same"; the rare times I did hear something different was french rap. But still, radios do play what people want to hear... so I guess I should do a search for "non-MTV-music-rap" or semthing. I do know there's good rap out there... even some from those "monkey guys" (ie: some of Eminem's song, the guy does have skill)... but sometimes it's just their attidute that changes everything. But this, you can get it in almost any genre :puzzled:

PUBLIC ENEMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And about the messages , TRY LISTEN TUPAC.

And you never have listened a brazilian rap ?

It is what i hate more in the rap what was made in Brazil : 10 from 11 rappers just sing about : the problem is the life in FAVELA(i dont know in english ) Critic the goverment from Brasil , say about all what is wrong with the world !

Try listen : Da guedes ; Mv bill(he i like but still sing about the problems)

racionais mc , Sabotagem ( evebody from hip hop comunity have A LOT respect to him , but he is dead ) , RZO , it is just a little from the rappers who just critic the world !

You better search and listen a lot , before say one thing ;)

BYE!

The most famous sentence from SABOTAGE ( the rapper )

O NOSSO RAP É COMPROMISSO !

In Brazil , sabotage is the most famous rapper of ever !

Like EMINEM and TUPAC !

Leonardo Posted on Jul 20 2004, 10:37.01 PM

And you never have listened a brazilian rap ?

I don't think I've done that in my life before. But then again if it's not in english or french I doubt I'd understand a thing :| But I will find your Sabotage, and do my best to understand, before criticizing (good or bad) this singer :)

OK !

But again : I Dont like brazilian rap , exept : Marcelo d2 , mv bill !

And BLACK EYE PEAS sing to the peace too!

I don't think that the messages in song are whats important, it's how the song moves you. For instance: Rap "music" is very filled with anger and rage. The poerson who is listening to this anger and rage will become a more violent person (there was actually a study done on this, I'll try to look for it if anyone wants to see it). Conversely, music that is calming will change a person to become more calm.

The music I listen to is happy, and generally upbeat. I am a pretty happy person, and not much can really drag me down.

In addition to the change music can invoke in people, another thing I find important in music is that it's artistic, and not just thrown together from crap. A major thing I look for in singers is if they write their own lyrics and can write them well. The person who writes something always knows how to bring out the true meaning of the song in their voice.

What I can't stand is people like Brittney Spears who is a good singer (well was, now is just dressing slutty and hoping people will buy her albums based on getting a boner from watching her music videos), but doesn't write anything of her own. She just can't bring out the true soul of the music.

The major problems I have with rap music is the affore mentioned anger the song provokes, and the fact that most of it has become too commercial. Big companies look to rappers to try to get them to use shock value (which I also can't stand, as swearing a whole bunch of times is just stupid and only envokes more anger, and just waistes space in what could be a more discriptive song) to push their product.

... And while I'm on the subject of music, am I the only one who despises music videos as they force people to relate the music to images? For instance: I've actually heard people say "this is a good song, well it's actually not that good but the music video is great" while listening to a CD. This is just a horrible thing to hear and it nearly threw me into a fit!

For Public Enemy, no I have not heard of it.

A quick bio... ;)

In the mid-late 80's, hip hop had more or less been spearheaded in the Run-DMC vein: good party vibes and playful witticisms with MCs. Then along came Chuck D, Flava Flav (the guy with the huge clocks) and the whole Public Enemy crew, whom turned hip hop on its head by injecting social diatrabes and slagging off on the Reagen administration's handling of the poor black American populace suffering in slums like Queens in New York City. It revolutionized hip hop, turning it into a medium to get messages of importance out.

Public Enemy became known as one of the most important acts in hip hop along with Run-DMC and N.W.A.

ZakuSage: Yes, hip hop does contain a lot of anger, normally fueled by the oppression and difficulties black people had to deal with in the past (even recent past).

However, there are also plenty of good-time party hip hop acts and MCs out there as well: Outkast, Jurrasic 5, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien (Deltron 3030), Afrika Bambaataa, George Clinton, Beastie Boys, and The Roots, for instance.

HEY HEY HEY !

Sorry , but i didnt read the last posts , cuz is soo big , and i "m not american , but ... No metter what you think about the rap , i like and nothing will change my mind !

See you later ....

HEY HEY HEY !

;) It's Faaaaaaaaaaaaat Albert!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: couldn't resist.

If you like rap music that's your thing and I'm sure you'll get along fine with most other people but as for me. I prefer music from bands like Nirvana, Bush, Smashing Pumpkins and the like. Though I am more prone to listen to VG Soundtracks. (Game Soundtracks.) OC Remix is a good place to go to find Hiphop remixes of some of your favorite game soundtracks.