Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woodus

Square Enix Announces New Organization

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040701/lath038_1.html

Copy of the article from the link above.

Square Enix Announces New US Organization

Thursday July 1, 8:03 am ET

LOS ANGELES, July 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix Co., Ltd., a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software including the world's popular franchises FINAL FANTASY®, and DRAGON QUEST®, today announced several changes to their US organization. Square Enix U.S.A., Inc., which has offices located in Los Angeles, CA and Seattle, WA, will now be called Square Enix, Inc. This change is a part of its efforts to establish a globally consistent corporate brand image.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20030403/SQUARELOGO)

In order to excel in the transforming interactive entertainment industry, several executive changes were also announced. Yoichi Wada, President of Square Enix Co., Ltd., will also be CEO of Square Enix, Inc. Jun Iwasaki, Co-COO, will lead the video game business and Ichiro Otobe, Co-COO, will lead the mobile and new network entertainment business.

Keiji Honda, former President of Enix Corporation and Executive Vice President of Square Enix Co., Ltd., has recently moved to Shanghai, China to lead the business in China. Jun Yamamoto, former President and CEO of Atlus U.S.A., Inc. and Executive Vice President and on the Board of Directors of Atlus Co., Ltd., was appointed President and CEO of Square Enix Ltd., the European arm of Square Enix.

Combined with the new top management for the offices in China and Europe, this reorganization in the US creates the foundation for future global expansion that will be strategic to extending Square Enix's overall business. There is an enormous opportunity for worldwide growth and these combined changes reinforce Square Enix's ability to distribute rich interactive content to its ever-growing global fan base.

"With this reorganization, Square Enix is now even more prepared to realize its vision of "Polymorphic" content by expanding into new network based entertainment," said Yoichi Wada, CEO of Square Enix, Inc. "Right now it is all about connecting end users through the delivery of compelling content, powered by innovative technology. Square Enix, Inc. looks forward to taking content in North America to a whole new level."

About Square Enix Co., Ltd.

Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix) develops, publishes and distributes entertainment contents including interactive entertainment software and publications in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises -- FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 60 million units worldwide and DRAGON QUEST (DRAGON WARRIOR™ in Europe) which has sold over 35 million units worldwide -- under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.co.jp

About Square Enix, Inc.

Square Enix, Inc is 100% subsidiary of Square Enix Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, CA and Seattle, WA. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. UIEvolution, based out of Seattle, WA, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix, Inc., delivering software technology that simplifies wireless applications development and deployment. More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com

©2004 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY and DRAGON QUEST are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Square Enix, Inc.

Wasn't Wada the former head of Square? Do you think this is good, bad or other in terms of bringing DQ to North America?

I think it's good for Dragon Quest. They are trying to be more consistent and by dropping U.S.A from there name shows they that. Being more consistent means consistent releases between Japan and USA, which hopefully leads to more DQ.

I'm not sure about your logic darkdragoon. Just look at the lopsided sales totals bewteen ff and dq. A 25 million+ difference; guess where more than 25 million copies of the ff series have been sold NA and Europe. Enix has neglected the markets out of Japan and its a little late for SE to fix this. Do you think having a Japanese man head of what was SE USA change anything?

I also don't know why they are even wasting their time making a chinese branch. The majority of chinese people couldn't afford normal prices for ps2 games. The rest just buy pirated games.

Guest Plattym3

It probably doesn't mean very much. They did a little housekeeping, changed their name, etc. I think we'll see DQVIII and everything else will go from there after the sales numbers come in.

I'm not sure about your logic darkdragoon. Just look at the lopsided sales totals bewteen ff and dq. A 25 million+ difference; guess where more than 25 million copies of the ff series have been sold NA and Europe. Enix has neglected the markets out of Japan and its a little late for SE to fix this. Do you think having a Japanese man head of what was SE USA change anything?

I also don't know why they are even wasting their time making a chinese branch. The majority of chinese people couldn't afford normal prices for ps2 games. The rest just buy pirated games.

indeed in alot of countries which are heavy Pirated , the main reason for the people to GO to the Pirated stuff is the UNREASNOBLE Prices the Greedy Salemen Ask for ! I don't belive it but for the record in my country:

1- the PS2 was sold for 1200$ in the first day and guess what they Sold OUT in the same day O_o

2- DreamCast was Sold for 1140$

3- Free Fan stuff games ARE SOLD for a FuLL game price ! like the Bouns Disk with the Preorder of the Legen of Zelda the Wind Waker , they Sell the Bouns Disk for 60$ and the Wind Waker for 75$ I mean For GOD SAKE the Bouns disk have a HUGE Note Saying this is NOT FOR SALE! but they are too greedy to waste such a chance to own more !

4- another game that Was Sold so Unfairly it was Super Robot wars MX >.< first it was 90 $ then when they relize it is selling like Rice it raise as much as 105 then the last 5 were sold for 120$ and then they Sold Out!

so you will chosse between buying a game for 3-4.5 $ or for 90++$ .

I mean if we had a fair prices we would pay but with this Crap no way in hell i am buying Original even thought i know it is not a good thing to brag about. :butbut:

so hopefuly when SE goes to china with Reasnoble prices they might sell well if they put stuff the pirate can't put like Bouns "Items" like watches etc...

which hopefully leads to more DQ.

;) Which of course is always a nice thing to have. And this will also (Hopefully) increase the chances of DQVIII Making it's way to US shores.

---

Square Enix, Inc. looks forward to taking content in North America to a whole new level

---

I'll believe this when DQ5 gets localized.

You'll have to not believe them then. I'm pretty sure DQ5 isn't coming here. I doubt we'll see anything else besides DQVIII for now. They seem to want to use that as a spring board into everything else DQ related.

The next DQ in the U.S. will definitely be DQVIII. It's too much of a risk for Square Enix to release DQ5 now with the limited fanbase, especially with its fairly oldschool style. DQVIII could be a fresh new beginning for the series in the U.S. if it sells well...

;) Which is why I am going to buy it as soon as it comes out here in the states. Shoot if possible I'll pre-order it. Hopefully others will do the same thing.