Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woodus

Squeenix Goes X? Possible Development For Xbox2

Posted on XBOX advanced, SquareEnix may develop for the XBOX2

Square Enix to Develop for XBox2

;) I didn't think there'd be an XBOX2 let alone Square Enix working for it.

Mmm, Xbox2 you say? Well since Xbox was voted to have the best game grapics and I don't see how they could make it any different than the first Xbox.

Meh

Posted on XBOX advanced, SquareEnix may develop for the XBOX2

Square Enix to Develop for XBox2

it is all about the games if SE is releasing Crappy Games like FFCC on the Xbox2 and they continue with the Exclusive PS BLockBusters(main DQ FF KH) then this isn't chaning anything.

;) I didn't think there'd be an XBOX2 let alone Square Enix working for it.

I guess you haven't been paying attention to the U.S. sales then.

Akubar: Because the Xbox currently has the best graphics they wouldn't ever make a successor? How does that make sense?

Bummer though, one more console to buy then ;)

I hope not. If this goes through, I hope that any DQ game that appears on it will also appear on the PS3 (I'm assuming I'm getting the PS3 unless there's some major shift with my favorite game series). Otherwise I'm obsessed enough with the series to get it to play whatever DQ game I'm missing. Is that sad? Yes. But I run a freakin news site based on the series. I've already crossed that line long ago.

Ditto here :)

Guest Plattym3

From http://www.xboxadvanced.com/article.php?artid=3247

Actually, one of the bosses over at SE (the name escapes me) commented that because of Microsoft's closed network (Xbox Live), games from SE such as Final Fantasy XI would be highly improbable on Xbox as SE has their own closed network, "PlayOnline." Regardless, the diehard RPG fan in me would love to see Dragon Warrior on Xbox, and the Xbox supporter in me would love to see Final Fantasy (in any capacity inside the series) on Xbox.

I pulled this off the Xbox2/Squenix story site. I found it interesting that someone who was interested in RPGs liked Dragon Warrior, but that same person who liked Xbox liked Final Fantasy. Doesn't make much sense. Isn't FF an RPG? Maybe not as much in this person's mind.

Maybe DQ and FF will go multiconsole in the next gen... it's always good to expand the number of possible buyers.

If they make a Dragon Quest game exclusively for XBox2, that'd just really tick me off, because that'd probably be the one thing to make me buy an XBox or Xbox2, whenever it comes out. As it stands, there's nothing for XBox that makes it a must have for me, and I'd probably prefer it if XBox2 didn't either.

*shrug*

Ha, I don't think you have to worry about that, especially with how Xbox sales are in Japan.