Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woodus

New Link Directory/top Site Entry

Dragon Warrior IV: Renaissance is a fan made RPG follwing the storyline of Dragon Warrior IV.

Check it out: Dragon Warrior IV: Renaissance :biggrin:

;) This is an interesting site and I tried out the game that he made this site with. Nice job on both to one of our newer members. :thumbsup:

It looks pretty good to me. As I was browsing through the site I got the idea of a fan-made RPG that is DW4, but you play through as saro's quest to get everything he needs to unlock the secret of evolution. It can be kind of another-side-to-things type story. I mean, humans treated his girlfriend pretty horribly.

I heard that the Japan-only Playstation DW4 remake has a secret sixth chapter where Saro/Pisaro joins you, you learn more about his past, and the final boss is Radimvice.

I think you're right. I managed to get a hold of DQ4r, but since I can't read Japanese I downloaded a saved game from somewhere which was in Chapter 6. I didn't know that Radimvice was the final boss in that version, but I do know that you get to play as Pisaro.

I haven't been keeping up with much of the news lately. What's the current standing on a translation for the game? Has anybody managed to make progress on it? :\

I was actually referring to a fan-made translation. I remember a while ago there was one being made on Partial Translations. I just now checked the site and the last update for DQ4r was made in 2003, and he didn't seem like he'd be working on it very much. :(

Hopefully he hasn't given up on it yet, and maybe something's happened since then.