Esturk

What's the best game in the DW series?

DW4 would rock more than DW3 if...

1. Get rid of the AI in chapter 5, and control the whole party. I have had several battles where the other people did stupid things like use Heal instead of using herbs, casting weak spells instead of stronger ones, or make bad "moves" at a critical point. I lost several boss battles that I would never have lost in any of the other DW's because of this.

For example, I wanted to have Brey cast BiKill on Alena, Hero, and Ragnar to do a big whooping on several end-game bosses and Necrosaro, but never happens. He casts Icestorm or some worthless spells. With any other DW, I'd be able to do just that, whooping Zoma, Baramos, Hagon, whoever else.

2. Make it an option to get more exp if you fight solo, like DW3. That'll be more incentive to do challenging solo quests in DW4.

I think all future DW games should have both "party" and "solo" options, so newbie DW players can have fun with "party" while hardcore DW players can try a challenge by having "solo".

Thats just my my honest opinions, thats all.

1. thats all fixed in the PSX version.

2. I dont know, metal babbles give you quite a bit of experiance and would make the game too easy if you leveled up to 99 before figfht necrosaro. You can always let your party members die and not revive them

1. thats all fixed in the PSX version.

2. I dont know, metal babbles give you quite a bit of experiance and would make the game too easy if you leveled up to 99 before figfht necrosaro. You can always let your party members die and not revive them

Good points, M Dragon.

However, we don't have the English version of the PSX DW4, IIRC. They said it won't be released here in the USA, due to problems at Enix and other companies.

Second... Metal babbles are hard enough for me to beat in DW3. Heck, killing Metal Babbles gives you like 45k exp solo, and you need like 150k per level after level 50+.

Level 50+ Stats suck, with only +1 increase in some areas while other areas get no increases at all. But, I'm gonna try resetting after every level up at 50+ and see if I can "force" +2 or more increases.

Zoma and Necrosaro have like 1000+ hp, and are hard enough for parties to kill. Necrosaro wipes my party out often when I played DW4 years ago. :butbut:

all this talk is making me want the dw4 psx remix all the worse :(

if you could break it down into odds, what odds do you think it has of release?

Its not going to get released. There is a slight chance of it being released if enix makes it for another platform, but it is impossible to go any further with the translation unless the developer Heartbeat comes back.

No PSX DW4 in USA? That sucks royally!

Remind me to drive over to ENIX HQ and pay them a million dollars looted from either Pirate chests in the Caribbean, or plunder from a poorly defended bank! :biggrin::dreamy:

Just kidding, guys! :P

Arrgh!

...A King's voice could be heard...

"Alas, tis is a sad day indeed. Erdrick is no longer a Newbie, but now a Traveler. Mourning shall commence at once!"

I noticed my title changed to Traveler! Guess I'm "promoted" and now I don't have the "Newbie" title to fall back on if I committ a faux pas on these boards anymore. Guess I gotta start watching my steps now... :butbut::alien:

I'd hate to think whats its like being a Sage with 1000 posts :)

Your goal is only a thousand???

heh, just post your heart out, but make sure theyre worthwhile posts, however shockingly off-topic they may be :)

welcome!

Only my third post ever here. To get back on subject (at least I am, since I haven't voiced my opinion yet):DW IV, by a land slide. Everything in the game is great. Weapons and armors of choice, rather than what you have to have is at the next town. I do wish the AI was a choice, for I would love to try it without the AI, although I don't mind it much at all.

If DW I didn't take hours upon hours of leveling up, I might like it better. And I just don't like the rather fast and thin story line of number three. Part two has an awesome second half (esp. the deep sea cave and beyond), but at first, it's stereotypical story line goes almost no were and the game itself just isn't that fun.

Ahh... finally someone I can spar with about DW3! :biggrin::D

I consider DW3 the ground-breaking game there was way back in 1990 or so. I'm a doddering old hermit because I can't even remember DW3's release date!!!!

At that time period, Final Fantasy and other RPG's didn't have "choose your own companion" system, as well as the Dharma Class Change system. That way, you have literally unlimited ways to customize your characters. DW3 was the first game I've played that gave you the chance to do that.

And we have full control over the entire party through the entire game in DW3, which cannot be said for DW4.

Also, for veteran DW3 players, it also has the capability for solo quests for additional challenge. That challenge is similiar to the "Swordless Quest" in the classic Legend of Zelda.

In DW3's solo quest, you go at it alone, from your waking up to "Mommy" in the Hero's home, all the way to the final battle with Zoma. I doubt Final Fantasy games allow you to go solo, as in having NO characters with you at all. Maybe Final Fantasy 3... I remember going solo with Cyan for the Floating Esper Island with Kefka before the world goes ka-boom... and then again in the second half of the game. I doubt that the other 9 Final Fantasys has this kind of capability to "truly" go solo.

A stereotypical story, eh? I doubt it. DW3 sets the foundations for DW1 and DW2 story-wise, with the DW3 hero turning out to be Erdrick.

....DRUM ROLL, PLEASE....

And he had a descendant, who killed the Dragon Lord in DW1. Then the hero's descendants killed Hagon and Malroth in DW2. Every story needs to have their beginning, so DW3 was the "Beginning" of the DW1 - DW3 story arc. How can every story be terrible or great, with no "beginning"? Tell me that. ;)

These are the most important points, IMHO, about DW3.

jeebus, Erdrick, youve been holding that in for a long time, havent you? :P

really good rant, with very fair points.

but dragon warrior 4's story was better :)

Very good points in fact i started my solo dw3 quest

but i like DW4 better

About DW III:

I said DWII had a stereotypical stroy line, not DWIII. I love DWIII's story ine, just because it's the beginning. But in DWIII, I got a key, the very first journey. Behind doors are supposed to be things of wonder, things you really like. Were's the excitment when I get a key and the doors have no use? Takes excitment out.

Then when searching for the orbs. A big part of the game with you just wandering about, not really doing anytasks. I like a lot of tasks (little as may be) rather than one long task that seems to dwindle away into merely searching were ever thy ship make take you and hoping to find answers. That's why FFIII (second half) was so poor. get an airshp, and then you have nothing to go on but finding some dragons. Were's the fun in that?

I only played it on an emulator, and with limited time to beat it. Si didn't have the advantage of playing with the classes. But I've always been a fan of playing the actual game rather playing with options of the game. If I ever get a cartridge (HA!) then maybe I'll see the light...

I do agree with one thing, he last battle with al those Baramos' is just as good as Necrosaro!

Ahh...

I thought you said "DWIII"... maybe I need some glasses for my 100 year old eyes. :P

Anyways, DW4 was good for me, with the exception of the AI and "fixed" experience gain in which you don't get MORE exp if you have one person standing alive out of 4 people at the end of a battle, like in DW3.

I agree, DW2 was boring, with "Hero finds Prince, then rescues Princess, then all 3 'family members' go kill the great evil that threatens to take over the world"

DW3 had a nice twist, because when you kill Baramos, you think you won the game when no monsters are around and everyone says "You're the Hero! You won!". Then *swish* *Thwack!* you find out Baramos was merely a pawn, and there is a even darker and menacing evil behind it all, namely the Super Evil Dude Zoma. :biggrin:

Then off to more questing, and did I mention, you get to *see* Ortega, only to see him die in front of your eyes, soooooooo close to Zoma! I think it'd be awesome of the Hero and his dad Ortega would team up to take down Zoma. :biggrin:

hey, can anyone tell me where we can find the ROMs to all the DW/DQ games, cause the only games that i know and have are DW I,II,III,IV...

and i read so much about, five, six, seven, eight, remixes and all the others that i dont know where to find, please tell me.... and if possible, anyone have a link of a place to get working link of SNES ROMS downloads? :D

Guest Scotimus

show me pics of a cartridge in yer hand and ill tell joo where to get teh ROM file...

no i wont! :P

:baa::baa::baa:>.<:devil:

Hmmmm...another one of these. How many pages was it up to last time? I haven't been here in forever. Hello Everyone, its me again. Dropping a line for $#!&s and giggles.

The Original and still the best :devil:

Yup, and then the migration to the new old version of the board fried the topic, the converter couldn't handle one that big :):butbut:

PS - Good to see you guys back

PPS - Keep the ROM topics in the emu section

the neat thing about me getting a DW4 rom is that i actually do have a copy of the game, its just broken :)

and having complete control of all your characters while battling in dw4 would be great, i believe they fixed that in the psx remix too.

but im guessing the chances of it coming out are slim :(

Yeah, unfortunately.

And, I agree.....even after playing through DWVII, I still like IV the best...and by a lot, too.

III is good, but not AS good...and VII is good, although it gets very monotonous and repetitive after awhile.

In the Remixed IV, they DID allow you to control all members of the party in Chapter 5. And...yeah, the chances of it coming out in North America are roughly zeroish...unfortunately.

i did dread collecting enough stuff and money for Taloon :)

took a very long time to collect!

Chapter three, if im not mistaken.

And it does suck when you mess up in getting the swords of malice, thats happened to me before :(

fun fun fun!

Hmm well i was in chapter 3 in DQ4psx then my HDD blew up or something :( Anyway my favorite DW was DW4 but now im growing more fond of dq6 in my second time through it.