What's the best game in the DW series?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, all. After quite the sojourn to central Florida, I'm back... and my baby is gone!   That's quite alright. It's time to start anew... and I'm really going to go out on a limb here:   The best g

In DQV, I am probably only half way through the game.  I am taking way too long to beat this game...

My favorite game in the main series is Dragon Quest V, but I also really like III, IV, and XI.   In terms of ranking them to me personally: DQV DQIII DQIV DQXI

This is a tough one, I can't chose between Dragon Quest 3 and 5

Which versions of those games have you played? Welcome to the Den by the way!

• 1 month later...

My personal favorite would have to be any version of Dragon Warrior 3. Man, I love that game so much, it is one of my all time favorites. I've yet to play DW5 and DW8 both of which I have heard great things about and am looking forward to play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't finished 3 or played through 6, 7, 8, 9, or spin-offs yet but 4 is my favorite so far.

I used to love III and have it as my favorite DQ game. But now I finished DQ IV and started to play DQ V in my Nintendo DS. And I must say that V is pretty much better.

The history development, the characters, the monster recruit system and the soundtrack is awesome. I just can't get enough of it.

So, for now I stay with the V.

I would say Dragon Warrior/Quest 3 because it's not only a prequel to the first two installments of the series, you can have a party of four, and you could choose the character's gender as well, including the hero.

When the SNES and GBC remakes came out, they've included personalities, mini-games, and the Thief class.

Ive only played DW 1. Even though its the only DW i played, i gotta say, it was my favorite game during that time :D

Wow, you are missing out on a whole lotta great games. Do you plan on checking out some of the other installments in the series?

• 2 weeks later...

Ive always liked dragon quest III, And 4 alot though not to many people seem to pick 3 as there fav. I think 2 was the worst out of all the dragon quest games, though it was still fun. It was just made poorly, and even the game testers said it wasnt designed well

Ever since i start play Dragon Quest games {About 1 year ago} i played and finished:

Dragon Warrior I,II,III - NES

Dragon Quest IV,V - DS

Dragon Quest VIII - PS2

And so far,i enjoyed every game from series,but my favorite one,is Dragon Quest IV for DS,it have everything,awesome music,very likeable characters,im already looking forward do play NES version :overjoyed2:

I've played 1-7, unfortunately haven't played 8. My favorite would definitely be Dragon Quest 3, specifically the SNES remix which was kindly fan translated I believe by some people here. It concludes one of the great trilogies in all of video games, its size is massive, the class system allows for a lot of strategy, and it is full of delightful mini stories and surprises. The fact that it is modeled after the real world is also cool, each town and peoples representing a different region, architecture is different and distinct, clothing and even manner of speaking is different amongst NPCs from different towns. Masterpiece.

• 3 weeks later...

Just my opinion because i havent been with the game since the start but im gonna have to say dragon quest 8 hands down. Or does it not count because it doesnt have the altered name? (warrior)

• 1 month later...

I had to think about my reply for a couple of days before I could post in this thread. Surprisingly, I'd have to pick DQV as my favorite, followed veeery closely by VIII. DWIII earns honorable mention here simply because I <3 me the Loto Trilogy. Seeing Loto's Sword in FFXII or a certain avian character in VIII made me squee like a school girl :ws-slimecrazy:

Dragon Warrior VII ranks as my least favorite in the series, but this doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the game. I thought the class system was fun and I enjoyed the difficulty. I just felt like the translation could have been a little better and that there were just a few too many countries/towns/etc. to release.

anything other than dw1. man that was is slow, and only one character!? hmmm....number 2 was OK, but it's long. a lot of fighting enemies and not much exploration. plus, the characters are naturally weak, which i never did like.

i have only played 1-4, so my favorite is probably 4.

• 4 weeks later...

As the first post claimed back in 2001, Dragon Warrior VII is still the best in the series in my honest opinion. I believe the large selection of classes and collectable monsters greatly increases the game's length. Not to mention TWO bonus dungeons.

I agree with DW7 being the best. The vast number of monsters (awesome because you can collect them), skills/spells, jobs, and side quests along with the having the longest storyline of the series. I loved the fact that jobs masteries were combined to unlock a new job. I was really disappointed when this wasn't expanded upon.

But DW3 is the most nostalgic for me.

Well Dq3(snes) gets my vote for best, though I felt that the remake should have not just had spells but also could have been even better with abilities like Dq6 and Dq7(not like Dq8 and Dq9). Plus the Pachisi Track is my favorite mini game of the series,

and perhaps the overall nostalgia gives me a biased opinion as well.

I would say Dq7 would be second best because of the class based ability system and overall length of the game. I also like that it was comprised of many mini stories.