What's the best game in the DW series?

Has it happenned to you that sometimes you just can't play that much at all, so you end up playing an RPG for MONTHS, and still you can't finish it?

Specially when you're playing different games at the same time.

*ahem*

The story of my LIFE.

When I'm at university (which I will be as of tomorrow), I don't get to PLAY them, see.

So.........yeah.

I finished Star Ocean 2 on the holidays though, so that's one down and about 93527834 to go.

:D

We have another SO2 fan on the boards???????

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

My final party was:  Claude, Chisato, Rena, and Noel.

The final boss music is SO *EVIL* sounding [insert evil laughter].

Ha ha...........yeah............Decus and Vesper were annoyingly difficult as well.

My brother is more into it than I am.  He's levelled up all of his characters to.....well, wait a sec........

OK.  Level 167, 152, 156, 155, 139, 149, and 110 respectively.

Gotta love a game that "bends the rules" like that.  Interestingly....in MY games that I created.....there is no "mechanical limit" of 9999 to HP or 999 to MP or 99 for Level........Indeed, allies have roughly equal amounts of HP and MP by the end of the game.......and about 10,000 at that.

Let me see........in my third game, my brother had a character with HP 12,330 and MP 9786, in Level 94.  So there you go.

I'm currently playing SO2, but since I got FFIX and DWVII I haven't got any further than trying to get the ancient text translated on the Lacour continent(who else besides me thinks of furniture polish when you see Lacour?) after the Arms Tourney.  I'm currently looking for some way to get an appointment with the linguist.

I'm better start playing it again, becuase my friend keeps bugging me for it back  :( I'll hafta stall him as long as I can.

You all know my favorite DW is #1, 7 dosen't change that.  Before I played 7 i thought 3 was the best though and well having such a good time with my DW3 GBC solo quest I still think 3 is the best DW game.  I'm really loving 7 but the nostalgia plays a bit of a roll. So there, i posted in Esturk's new baby.  haha  And I want to keep my posting average around at least 1 a day.  After several weeks away from DW7 I played 4 hours yesterday and will be playing a few more tonight.  I don't know if i'm a bit slow but at 65 hours i'm still on disk 1.  WOW.  is disk 2 a lot shorter or am I just taking my sweet time?

That's how much time I've put on, too....65 hours.  I'm not finished Disk 1 either.

That's a GOOD thing, mind you, of course.

Star Ocean 2....

HEY!

Look in the Reviews section "Make it or break it"....

I think it's in the...uh...General Chit-Chat section or whatever it's called.  I did a full review on the game with my brother!!

It's pretty good, though.

I just read the "unofficial" SO2 review.  A unique battle system... hmm... and the music being real good add up to a game I have to play, probably rent first.

So far I have played 110 hours of DWVII.  Now, I'm collecting various hearts at the Lucky Panel game in Coastal (the one that charges 100 a pop to play).  I'm hoping to find all the hearts that will end up, in time, to a PlatKing class.  I plan to have two of my party members have top-of-the-line monster classes, PlatKing and Rainhawk.  After I achieve this goal, I'm off to fight the final boss.  So far, I didn't try yet.  All of my characters are around level 40, btw.

I have one complaint about SO2.  The voices. Yeah its cool to have voices on the game, but when you have 4 people in the party and all the voices override each other and it becomes a jumble that you can't understand.  And Celeine can only say "Ray!" so many times before it becomes annoying.

Yeah, you're right about that.

Rena: (overenthusiastically) "There's the enemy."

Noel: (dopeily) "Don't you think we should go?"

During battle:

Chisato: (like a donkey in the process of childbirth) "HYAAH!!!  HYAAAH!!!  HYAAAH!!!  HYAAAH!!!  HYAAAH!!!  HYAAAH!!!"

After battle:

Rena: (like a kid in a candy store) "My strength is starting to overflow!!!"

Ha ha......yeah, you're right.

My Celine only said ray abou 20 times b4 I got her a better spell.  Try combining spells.  Have Celine and Rena cast ray at the same time(might take some timing).

Slime of Wonder.....

Ah...

Well.....

I dunno.

My favourite creation isn't Subspace Slime's avatar, my own, or MetalIke's....

What I'm MOST proud of right now is the trick bag tongue-stick-out-face :P, which I did without a picture to go by.  That's my favourite.  What I REALLY want to design is a monstrous monster of some sort.   ;)

I think that trick bag tongue face is classic, myself  :P

...now I have to make sure I don't overuse it!  It's tempting!  ...  ...  ...   ;)

See, I almost did it again! :D

Here's an idea for a monster:  a slime monster whose body is composed of many slimes.  Similar to Transformers, when all the constructicons join up to create Devastator.  You can have two slimes be the shoulders, one large slime the chest, etc...

Giving you ideas, that's all! :)

I have nowhere to use them though.

Theoretically, I don't have enough time either.

(God knows THAT's reality, though *SARCASM*)

If I actually did my homework, I'd be less not busy, if that makes any sense to you at all.

Now *there's* an idea I haven't thought of.

It took my brain a little longer than usual to process an image for that one.    :)

Slime Golem, maybe?  Or a secret monster.....a gigantic Jell-o mold with eyes and a big smile!  :P

Not very monsterous, but I had to let that out of my brainbox before it did any real damage.