Someone made a mod for DQ4 DS.

I saw on another site that someone had made a romhack of the DS version of DQ4 that restores party chat. I was excited. But it seems that it has a 1.00 version so far so bugs need to patched out. What do you guys think?

It's an involved process. Call me when the prepatched ROM in available somewhere

Good idea to do it, but I'm not the really the target audience here. I've played enough classic DQ and I don't really ever click party chat.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

It's an involved process. Call me when the prepatched ROM in available somewhere emoji23.png

Good idea to do it, but I'm not the really the target audience here. I've played enough classic DQ and I don't really ever click party chat.

I'm definitely the one being targeted here tho. All this time I haven't gotten around to playing DQIV because the best version of it was for phones. I use party chat a lot because it helps me figure out what to do when I'm confused. I'll definitely play this one when it starts to get updates.

Edited by DragonQuest2IsGood
  • Like 1

You should still get it on the phone to support the franchise.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Mattcraft said:

You should still get it on the phone to support the franchise.

But phone games suck!

4 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

But phone games suck!

Support the franchise. They went through a lot of trouble to localize and add party chat. If you're going to download a rom of a reasonably priced, readily available game, get the game.

ESPECIALLY IF IT'S DRAGON QUEST.

I tout emulation because back in the day it was the only way we could play Dragon Quest 5 and 6. I will download a game any day of the week. But I will also buy the game if it's available. For example, I'll download a copy of Phantasy Star 4 to put the purgatory mod on it and play it off my Kindle and I won't feel bad because I have a copy of Phantasy Star 4 on Steam. 

But just saying "PHONE GAMES SUCK" is a huge copout. We've been saying for years for square enix to notice that we give a damn about Dragon Quest. They noticed.

So if you're going to use this hack, spend the freaking 15 bucks, which cost as much as a meal at a restaurant, and support the franchise and the people who translated and localized the party chat that is coming from the phone version.

Microphone drop.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

But phone games suck!

Don’t mind MattCraft. He’s a hardcore mobile supporter.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Don’t mind MattCraft. He’s a hardcore mobile supporter.

You bought DQIV mobile.

My point still stands. Support the franchise, and especially support the people who even MADE party chat possible on IV mobile.

• Like 1

I have been playing my emulated Dragon Quest Monsters 3DS games guilt-free because of the money I completely wasted on SaGa Frontier.

24 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I have been playing my emulated Dragon Quest Monsters 3DS games guilt-free because of the money I completely wasted on SaGa Frontier. emoji1787.pngemoji24.png

All your money went to your gravestones.

E7F9F26A-C23D-45C3-8887-9379957FF82C.jpeg

• Like 1

All your money went to your gravestones.
E7F9F26A-C23D-45C3-8887-9379957FF82C.jpeg.42916b8fb97791fe4a9d7608e9ae3641.jpeg
They should've been in 4K.
1080 at least.

3 hours ago, Mattcraft said:

You bought DQIV mobile.

My point still stands. Support the franchise, and especially support the people who even MADE party chat possible on IV mobile.

Well now I know why you looked at my profile a few hours ago. Looks like someone was checking to see if I had IV mobile. 

Sorry Craft, but I’m not going to chastise someone for wanting to play a ROM that includes the party chat. You do what you want I guess and give DQ2 a hard time about it, but if he’s not a fan of playing on his phone and doesn’t like mobile games you can’t force him to buy the mobile version.

40 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

They should've been in 4K.
1080 at least.

We know that wouldn’t have improved your opinion on the game. 😘

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

We know that wouldn’t have improved your opinion on the game.
But at least I'd be able to read my names on the gravestones.

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:
7 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
We know that wouldn’t have improved your opinion on the game. emoji8.png

But at least I'd be able to read my names on the gravestones.

They would all say “Party Wipe.” 

45 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well now I know why you looked at my profile a few hours ago. Looks like someone was checking to see if I had IV mobile. 

Sorry Craft, but I’m not going to chastise someone for wanting to play a ROM that includes the party chat. You do what you want I guess and give DQ2 a hard time about it, but if he’s not a fan of playing on his phone and doesn’t like mobile games you can’t force him to buy the mobile version.

We know that wouldn’t have improved your opinion on the game. 😘

14 hours ago, Mattcraft said:

So if you're going to use this hack, spend the freaking 15 bucks, which cost as much as a meal at a restaurant, and support the franchise and the people who translated and localized the party chat that is coming from the phone version.

I'm not telling him he has to play it, I'm telling him if he's going to use the romhack, he should at least buy it.  

I mean shoot, you bought 'em. Platty bought 'em. I bought 'em. (( And in DQ4's case, I bought it on both iOS and Android. )) I'm not gonna knock too hard for wanting to play a ROM, but if you're gonna play 1-8 buy 'em if you're gonna download them. 7 and 8 (for now at least) are available on the eShop and you can sometimes still find the last few physical copies out there in the non-Gamestop wild. 9? Eh... Eugh... it's not as cosmically expensive as the others off eBay, but buying it from a scalper doesn't support the official release.

I'm just for supporting the franchise how I can man. I still tout emulation. But don't be a pirate. This romhack is AMAZING and it'll let people who hate phone controls enjoy their copy of DQ4 on their DS or PC, but I still say that if you download it, buy a copy. Noone's gonna force you to play it, it'll just support the franchise.

Offtopic: Seriously, just call me Matt. We've been here how long together? 😧

Posted (edited)

I am supporting the franchise. I just bought DQVIII digitally on Nintendo.com which costs way more than DQIV mobile does.

errors
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

I am supporting the franchise. I just bought DQVIII digitally on Nintendo.com which costs way more than DQIV mobile does.

:thumbsup:

On a serious note : Enjoy DQ8. It's not as long as hard or 7, but it's well worth it. Thank you for buying digitally when (ESPECIALLY) with a 3DS it's super-easy to just pirate.

Edited by Mattcraft

3 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

You had better go ahead and buy the mobile version of 8 plus travel back in time and purchase the PS2 version of 8. You need to fully commit to supporting the series, man! Now hope in your time traveling DeLorean, go back to the mid 2000s and get DQ8 on the double! Chop chop!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You had better go ahead and buy the mobile version of 8 plus travel back in time and purchase the PS2 version of 8. You need to fully commit to supporting the series, man! Now hope in your time traveling DeLorean, go back to the mid 2000s and get DQ8 on the double! Chop chop!

Come on man. That was unneeded. 😕

Edited by Mattcraft

5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

go back to the mid 2000s

TBH, I would do this just for the sake of itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

TBH, I would do this just for the sake of itself.

I wouldn’t mind going back to the mid 90s myself. Not only to see what it was like when I would have been a baby/toddler, but maybe grab a rare SNES game or two…

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

The mid-90's were a good time. The only thing lacking about it was localized Dragon Quest!

• Like 2