Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai manga is getting an English localisation

Chris

By Viz Media, releasing Spring 2022.
Is this just a new version of the same old manga? Same story?

On 7/11/2021 at 10:42 PM, Plattym3 said:
On 7/10/2021 at 4:29 PM, Chris said:
By Viz Media, releasing Spring 2022.

Is this just a new version of the same old manga? Same story?

Yep, looks to be the same as the new Japanese release.

• Like 1

This is the new manga? Don’t know why they aren’t going for the old series.

Hopefully, they’ll add it to their Shonen Jump app so people can read it with their subscription and get more eyeballs on it.

• Like 1

It's the original manga from the 90s, just based on the newest printing with cover art done in Inada's modern style, If these volumes mimic the Japanese releases they'll contain all the color pages of the original Shounen Jump issues, both full color and limited color. There'll also be little art galleries at the end of each set of 5 volumes containing various color art. Since the physical volume is going to be 20 dollars I'm assuming these features will be retained.

It's the original manga from the 90s, just based on the newest printing with cover art done in Inada's modern style, If these volumes mimic the Japanese releases they'll contain all the color pages of the original Shounen Jump issues, both full color and limited color. There'll also be little art galleries at the end of each set of 5 volumes containing various color art. Since the physical volume is going to be 20 dollars I'm assuming these features will be retained.
Oh, it's the same exact panels and such? Just a reprint with new cover. I'm about Dai'd out still. I'll keep making my way through the original then.
  • Like 1

Years back my father bought me some of these on a business trip to Japan.  I am glad they are finally getting translated.  I am watching the anime on Crunchyroll but I am not all caught up yet.