The Build Sharing Topic!

I didn't see any not dead topic like this, so i figured I'd make a new one! The idea is to share screenshots and videos from both games! (For building tips and tricks go here)

DQB1 logo

Feel free to post screenshots and videos showcasing interesting builds. Share sources if it's not your own buildings!

If you share Terra Incognita builds, feel free to share your ID, and from which platform you play since DQB1 didn't have cross-play of any kind.

DQB2 logo

Feel free to post screenshots and videos showcasing interesting builds. Share sources if it's not your own buildings!

Share your Builder ID if you have uploaded your Isle of Awakening or one of your Builderopias to the Noticeboard, or even if you have just only uploaded some screenshots to it.

Worth noting that you can visit and upload islands via Noticeboard without a Nintendo Switch Online / Playstation Plus / Xbox Live Gold subscription AND even from the game's demo. Just get to the noticeboard, search by id (or by popular tags/islands) and press the right joystick! And one last important detail: it doesn't matter which platform you play on, you can visit any island that is uploaded to the noticeboard.

---

I'll start with a couple videos by Japanese builder Oyu. This player made some insane versions of Furrowfields and Khrumbul-dun. Very pretty, with some amazing building techniques on display and overall amazing cohesive building style on both towns.

• Like 2

A friend and i have been working on my Isle of Awakening recently. Long story short, months years ago i terraformed my Scarlet Sands into a witchgrass + poison swamp area, and made it some blocks higher than it was originally (that part was hellish). A while ago, i started working on this place again, and in the last few days a friend from Discord helped me add life and texture to this little town.

These two screenshots are more or less around where the north-west corner of the pyramid would be, just some blocks higher. At first i only wanted to use dead trees, but the decaying yellow trees look great too, and add some color on top of the purple-ish and black-ish tones i had before. And so do the pumpkins!

E5fKqN5VkAMV0c8.thumb.jpg.fbb880319b77495f76feaf4fb4235633.jpgE5fKqNuVkAE0rsu.thumb.jpg.dfe86b649635580f913c1af8341d05a9.jpg

And the next two are in a cave connecting Scarlet Sands and Green Gardens, a bit south of where the river ends and west of the abandoned house.

E5fKqN3VIAInRch.thumb.jpg.cae11fec6797070e9d0f25c59e31f123.jpgE5fKqNvVIAAFM9o.thumb.jpg.34cc2e9955d25d854d42c83686591cba.jpg

This town is super chaotic right now, but it's very nice to be in!

I plan on uploading this island to the noticeboard in a month or so, maybe? For now, one of my Buildertopias is there, so feel free to visit it! ID: p6eipQsFao. I'll put some screenshots of my uploaded Buildertopia in a spoiler tag. If you come visit, please take screenshots and show me!

Spoiler

E3JfHmFUcAALlG6.thumb.jpg.ebbd10b875f0de6fc56c01db1eb2e13c.jpgE0kQpJ8VEAU0eTY.thumb.jpg.d4945f5a347519a59d9d1be3c6f38dcc.jpgE0po1JlUYAA1bw7.thumb.jpg.b30678de03697a8b9167d024e3609f52.jpgE1YgNKYVkAUWYiA.thumb.jpg.29941f3a2ada5e6ddb6f67c913e1444f.jpgE1YgNKGVgAQ7m35.thumb.jpg.9c7e8353e535bd25de25df4462b77262.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Today's builds come from @Glaceon Mage!

(This post's soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojEyUU2M6z4)

Glaceon here recreated part of the Unova region from Pokémon Black and White, and their sequels Black 2 and White 2. These games are my favorite Pokémon games by far, so i was waiting for the moment Glaceon uploaded the island to the noticeboard, seeing their updates through Discord was very cool!

E5pEuEHUcAAocUm?format=jpg&name=large

E5pEuEHVcAEy2f9?format=jpg&name=large

Imatge

Imatge

Great job, Glaceon! This place is amazing and i loved visiting it! My feedback would be this: add static npcs here and there, if possible!  Other than that, really good island to explore 😋

The island is still WIP, but visit their island with this id: 2AQFGJ7eU8P.

I'll put some images from the original Pokémon games in a spoiler so you can see the effort Glaceon made!

Spoiler

artworks-000503748021-qb2k7a-t500x500.jp

1.png

Dreamyard_Ruins_Summer_B2W2.png

Nacrene_City_Summer_B2W2.png

Edited by liquidmetalslime
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I made this a while ago and never uploaded it to noticeboard, but here's my recreation of Madam Luca's house from DQVI!

3N3hnbr.png

And unlike Unova, it actually has an interior!

Spoiler

uJCDf2C.png

B6iBJlX.png

9C8Mwej.png

DQ6JnOb.png

P05STND.png

Edited by Glaceon Mage
  • Like 2

That looks amazing, Glaceon!

That reminds me, a couple of months before the western release of the game, i made a miniature version of DQ6's Amor in the Japanese version of the game. It was like 10x10x10.

D5QFv0EUUAANzjC?format=jpg&name=large

D5QFv0CUcAANCqc?format=jpg&name=large

Builder Mugi made a small 20x20x20 recreation of the kingdom of Corona from Disney's Tangled. Here's their tweet, in case you want to give them a like and/or share their gorgeous build!

(I know, i know, the kingdom's name hasn't aged well... but we need to point out that it's named after the word "crown", and not after the virus.)

E5-E16UUYAA71TB?format=jpg&name=large

E5-E16SVIAEovOq?format=jpg&name=large

E5-E16TVUAcI7kE?format=jpg&name=large

E5-E16TVUAA12NQ?format=jpg&name=large

E5-27uZVUAcZVvO?format=jpg&name=large

---

Since this is the second post mentioning creations within a space limit, i wanted to say that after doing a few builds with limitations like this, i felt like my building techniques and ideas improved a lot. Give it a try if you can, it's very stimulating!

• Like 1

Glad you like them, Platty! 😊

---

Next one is kami-kun24. This man is a legend, as his amazing builds got into the Builder's Best and even into the cover of official Square Enix DQB2 books!

(Context: The Builder's Best was a Japan-only contest of DQB1 builds in which the devs selected 100 impressive builds and added them into DQB2. One appears randomly when you go to Explorer's Shores)

The video i wanted to showcase is this one in which he uses both magneblock camouflaging and water manipulation to make his character walk on water lillies! Both of these techniques are advanced, and honestly a bit confusing, but its very fun to watch imo.

I copied this for a small area in my one Isle of Awakening.

E6BmXHCVIAUkvn1?format=jpg&name=large

He also did other really incredible builds, but i'll post those another day. If you want to see more of his builds, check out his Twitter or his youtube channel.

Our next builder doesn't make super beautiful things but his creations are mindblowing regardless! Today i wanna talk about Holgrin. I recently came across a reddit post by him showing a sneak peak to his next creation, and then i remembered his previous builds and thought i should share them here.

This man experiments with the water, buttons and lights to make things like this binary counter:

He also made a video explaining digital logic within the game:

Fascinating stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Today im gonna post about another Khrumbul-Dun build by builder Oyu (you can see two of their other videos in the very first post!)

This building style is insanely detailed and great, but beware if you plan on mimicking the magne-block technique: you can only have 256 magneblocks per island (or 255 if you want them to move).

---
On another note, i recently built a mini museum for all the kinds of crops in the game in all their growth stages! The idea is to use it as a reference in case i want to use some of the intermediate stages as wild decorations, since you can only get the fully grown crop with the ultimallet. To do this i basically planted 5 seeds of each crop and waited until they grew, and moved them to the desired spot with the gloves.
E7aues7VgAAL8zG?format=jpg&name=large

E7auetLVoAQHrY7?format=jpg&name=large

E7aues9VkAQH7IE?format=jpg&name=large

E7auetCVEAETisn?format=jpg&name=large

I plan on uploading my isle of awakening soon so you can all visit even if you only have access to the demo :)

• Like 1

Similar to my own last batch of screenshots, today i'm sharing a crops-based building: Builder Asuka's Faculty of Agriculture:
E73pbLGWEAYsaEC?format=jpg&name=large

E73pbKyVkAQQm-C?format=jpg&name=large

E73pbK1VIAI5IQB?format=jpg&name=large

E73pbLHXsAQJHCb?format=jpg&name=large
----

While i'm at it, here's Holgrin's latest video. You might remember him from some posts earlier, the guy with the binary counter.

Last night i uploaded my isle of awakening to the noticeboard! Feel free to visit, there's much to see! You see, normally i try to limit the amount of pictures i post in one post to 4-5 images here, but since it's my own island and want people to come visit it, i'm gonna post some more in a spoiler below.

🆔p6eipQsFao

I have basically reworked all the areas in IoA, even some underwater sections... but that part is a WIP. The biggest terraforming was in Scarlet Sands i think? A quick summary would be:
- made a dock that connects to The First Room™
-reworked the southern beaches to look a bit more natural, only missing seaweed and other underwater decoration. This includes Malroth's Rock™ or where your first wake up in.
- covered the hermit's mountain in dirt, grass and trees. There's some nice secrets in the central mountain, like a reference to Netflix's Dark!, or a new path to the underground temple.
- added paths to mostly everywhere.
- worked a ton on the Green Gardens, lots of houses and other buildings in there -it's where all my humans live.
- made layered farms. If you visit my GG and see houses in a different style than most, it's because they're old and i haven't had the time to remake them.
- removed the pyramid and castle.
- moved the portal to the mountaintop, and made a small shrine where the portal was originally.
- terraformed the Scarlet Sands and surrounding areas to become a monster town area with lots of wild plants and fake monster residents -right now most of SS is about 4-5 blocks higher than it was originally.
- made a huge museum in Cerulean Steppe and covered the area in snow and huge trees. There is a small farmhouse out there and it's where my cows and sheep live now.
- made a bridge between CS and the central mountain
- blocked the original entrance to the underground temple with sand and terraformed the surrounding underwater area
- added some small silly secret spots in every area... some behind hidden magneblocks that might move if you do the right thing :)
Phew, that's quite a lot. According to my Switch i have played for over 630 hours so yeah...

I plan on eventually adding more details (basically mid growth crops, pebbles and some plants) to Scarlet Sands, Green Gardens and the Mountaintop. The next big project i have is reworking all the underwater sections to make them more natural. The idea is changing the underground landscape a bit, and most importantly: adding seaweed, coral and other decorative items down there.

And now, the pictures:

E75tqaNXMAUYx2d?format=jpg&name=large

E75rPXPXsAELE_H?format=jpg&name=large

E75rPqEWUAIKLDx?format=jpg&name=large

E75rPHwXEAAt3Ob?format=jpg&name=large

E75rO3MXEAAbmnu?format=jpg&name=large

E75kkp8VIAALgNo?format=jpg&name=large

More pics in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

E75tlcpXoAIanZU?format=jpg&name=large

E75tlrdXoAMzcPY?format=jpg&name=large

E75tmrVWUAAuvGW?format=jpg&name=large

E75tnP7X0AQ0ul4?format=jpg&name=large

E75toImXoAAVrc6?format=jpg&name=large

E75toZjXoAU57vB?format=jpg&name=largeE75to40XMAEZjym?format=jpg&name=large

E75tpk7XMAMZ1MY?format=jpg&name=large

E75tp3EWQAIVWb-?format=jpg&name=large

E75tqG-X0AIlWTV?format=jpg&name=large

E75trKSWYAIsKok?format=jpg&name=large

E75trgSWYAc2EZV?format=jpg&name=large

E75tvFtXEAQ9sOw?format=jpg&name=large

E75trxmXsAIkbzi?format=jpg&name=large

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I've been having fun with magneblocks and hidden passages in Moonbrooke lately.

First i made a secret passage that closes itself automatically after about 10 minutes, and yesterday i made a secret passage under a grave, Zelda-style! Both passages lead outside the town, the auto-closing one leads towards one of the puzzles you find in the DQB2 world, and the other connects directly with the place where you first meet Anessa, the King and the rest.

https://twitter.com/liquidmetalslim/status/1426909655708569622

https://twitter.com/liquidmetalslim/status/1428484643028815873

Edit: Im only providing two Twitter links today because the embed feature isn't working as i expected with Twitter videos. I hope it's not considered self-promotion 😅

Edited by liquidmetalslime
  • Like 1

I saw the first one, the grave style one is very cool too :)

• Like 1

Thank you!
Im very proud of that one, i really like how it turned out. I think i got inspired by two factors: wanting to do an underground entrance to the city, and seeing the thumbnail of BenXC's Zelda LttP recreation again. Then my head went directly to the secret entraces below graves in Zelda and i made one, haha.

Talking about BenXC, I believe i haven't posted any of his creations in this thread yet, so let's go with this classic:

• Like 1

I'm always amazed by all these awesome creations. I just think how many times I miscount stuff daily & wonder how many times they've had to start huge chunks over becuase one side or the other was off.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:45 AM, Plattym3 said:

I'm always amazed by all these awesome creations. I just think how many times I miscount stuff daily & wonder how many times they've had to start huge chunks over becuase one side or the other was off.

I havent done massive builds in the scale of some of the stuff i've shown in this thread yet, but in my experience you either get it right after 2-3 tries, or you just build around whichever mistakes you made 🤣 I have seen some Japanese youtubers planning builds by using quickly destroyed blocks such as Sand or Snow, usually snow because its white.

Talking about massive builds, i came across this very cool recreation of Gaudí's Sagrada Família by builder D.Junior. You can visit it with this 🆔: w11j9wbHGj.

E-jR79ZVIAEB6GE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E-jR8RxVQAAEEBJ?format=jpg&name=4096x409E-jR8lGVgAMr2iK?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E-jR85ZVUAIw4pc?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E-h83TUVQAIwmbK?format=jpg&name=4096x409

You can find D. Junior on Twitter and Youtube. @Plattym3 you can see how this builder planned the two pillars that are in front of the entrance in the linked youtube video, he starts building around minute 8.

• Like 2