The random crackship opinion thread!

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Except which hero though?! There are 11 of them!

If I had my choice? 11.

11, like 5, is of royal blood, and has enough of a traumatic backstory to lore him in with V's hero.

6? BAH. Baby hero. 1? NOPE. 8? HAHAHAHAHA.

No, to me, 11 is bes. The only one I don't know backstory on is X's hero.

6? BAH. Baby hero.

Slow clap that slowly crescendos into a standing ovation.
  • Like 1

Dragon Quest Builders Heroine and Rory Bellows.

I have again, not played the game the latter appeared in (putting them in the list was @Mu7e's idea) and don't even have the cursory familiarity I have with DQB1.  So I can't really talk about this one either.

Another old man pairing.

He's definitely more of a father figure than a OTP kinda situation. Since he was a tutorial person in Joker 2, he'd be a very supportive figure

The next pairing is Parry and Nokturnus.

I don't think Nokturnus is particularly nurturing of a potential intergenerational friend/parent, so I'm gonna say this probably wouldn't work!

Dragon Quest Builders Heroine and Rory Bellows.

I have again, not played the game the latter appeared in (putting them in the list was [mention=86620]Mu7e[/mention]'s idea) and don't even have the cursory familiarity I have with DQB1.  So I can't really talk about this one either.

Eh, the Builders Heroine doesn't have much of a personality. I mean, first off, she's no hero, we're told that fairly early. Also, since so many males play the game and pick the male, she's as axed from the game as her character art punnily implies. The NPCs also see her as quite dumb. I guess a good trait isn't she's not hammered all the time like the male builder.

I'm not so sure she's get along with Rory. As he's more like a Star Trek cheif engineer and likely not to have much time nor patience for a mute builder. He's jovial enough that he'd try to start a conversation, but I think he'd rather tinker around with his ship than start any ship with builderette.

The next pairing is Parry and Nokturnus.
I don't think Nokturnus is particularly nurturing of a potential intergenerational friend/parent, so I'm gonna say this probably wouldn't work!

I think Legendary Hero vs. Hardest Demon Lord Boss ain't ever gonna be anything but a blood bath. And I'd take Parry every day over Nok Nok joke. There's really no common ground here. It's a Hitler vs. Pope comparison and there's just nothing that's gonna bring those 2 together.

I forgot to post yesterday so have two today

Pairing 1) Gwaelin and Warden Trump

Well, I dunno enough about the latter to say.

Pairing 2) Dragon Quest I Hero and Alena.

You know, this can go somewhere.  Alena would love to be with a good sparring partner, and Dragon Quest I hero, having done everything on his lonesome, is absolutely up to the task.  They'd have a relationship fueled by healthy competition.  Unfortunately, Dragon Quest I hero easily falls to coersion from Princess Gwaelin, which Alena is usually too oblivious to notice.

I forgot to post yesterday so have two today
Pairing 1) Gwaelin and Warden Trump
Well, I dunno enough about the latter to say.
Pairing 2) Dragon Quest I Hero and Alena.
You know, this can go somewhere.  Alena would love to be with a good sparring partner, and Dragon Quest I hero, having done everything on his lonesome, is absolutely up to the task.  They'd have a relationship fueled by healthy competition.  Unfortunately, Dragon Quest I hero easily falls to coersion from Princess Gwaelin, which Alena is usually too oblivious to notice.
I kinda don't see either of these going anywhere. Gwaelin and Warden Trump, Mr. Dad-of-the-year himself... nah. He's too old and focused on CELL to really have much interest in a singularly focuses princess. She's far too into DQ1 hero. Now, if he could somehow work on her a bit and get her stubborn deterministic personality pointed towards his own goals, I think they could have a very productive working relationship.

As for DQ1 and Alena, I believe you've pretty much nailed the reason that won't work: oblivious. Alena just wants to kick stuff and Hero just wants to kill stuff. If not for Gwaelin's determination, I think Erdrick's bloodline dies off before DQ2. The only thing horny about that boy is his helmet. And Alena might as well be a monk with a vow of chastity for all she seems to pay attention to any suitors. Now, as party members they might work out. Hero's not exactly known for teaming up, but he's got his healing spells and could help Fighter Alena as a Paladin. [mention=44255]Y̶a̶n̶g̶u̶s̶t̶h̶e̶L̶e̶g̶e̶n̶d̶a̶r̶y̶B̶a̶n̶d̶i̶t̶[/mention] I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶C̶r̶i̶s̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶C̶a̶n̶n̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶g̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶D̶Q̶ ̶P̶a̶l̶a̶d̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶H̶e̶r̶o̶ ̶1̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶.̶ ̶

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

emoji848.png@YangustheLegendaryBandit I think called me out for calling both Cristo and Cannock the original DQ Paladin, but really, I guess Hero 1 was.

If his heal spells aren't just Lay on Hands, I dunno what he is.

He casts radiant, can heal, does magical spell damage too? 100% a Paladin class.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

@YangustheLegendaryBandit I think called me out for calling both Cristo and Cannock the original DQ Paladin, but really, I guess Hero 1 was.

I don’t remember doing that. These are false allegations and I want them STRICKEN from the record!

• Like 1

I don’t remember doing that. These are false allegations and I want them STRICKEN from the record!
They're stricken. No one shall ever see them. No way. No how. Never can see them.
  • Like 1

Next pairing is Lazarel and Red.

Well, I think Red is a good bit older than Lazarel is... I get the impression she's early thirties while he's late teens-ish.  So that's kinda weird.  To be honest, I doubt they'd hit it off.  Red's mostly in things for herself.

I haven't played DQ Heroes 2, but... I can see Red taking advantage of him for sure. Pictures show Lazarel to be a capable warrior.

Next pair: Rodrigo Briscoletti and Slimon!

Well, Rodrigo is happily married, so that immediately disqualifies romance in my book...  I guess their relationship wouldn't go beyond acquaintances. 

Next pairing is Lazarel and Red.
Well, I think Red is a good bit older than Lazarel is... I get the impression she's early thirties while he's late teens-ish.  So that's kinda weird.  To be honest, I doubt they'd hit it off.  Red's mostly in things for herself.
Oh, Lazarel & Red are definitely hooking up. There's zero doubt in my mind. That dude is a confident go-getter that's gonna go get him a hottie, age be damned. Red is a red hot woman who's always flirting with Yangus, but you know what? He grew up and got gruff and fat. She's in shape and one hell of a fighter and would be looking for someone to be her equal. Lazarel showing up with his two swords and showing off. Well, she's not going to swoon, she's too much of a prideful boss lady to do that, but she's going to take him under her wing and... well, this is a family site. I'll leave it at that.
Next pair: Rodrigo Briscoletti and Slimon!
Well, Rodrigo is happily married, so that immediately disqualifies romance in my book...  I guess their relationship wouldn't go beyond acquaintances. 
Slimon seems to deal in a lot of obscure knowledge & monsters and potentially powerful items. I see this as more of a business dealing. Briscoletti needs the good stuff and Slimon knows where to get it.

Since I forgot again, here's another double

1) Honey the fairy and Borya

Well, he can't see her so uh... I guess she'd just prank him.

2) Demon Malroth and Erik

Erik is a worthy sacrifice for the master of destruction's rebirth.  Either that, or Erik murders him.

Since I forgot again, here's another double
1) Honey the fairy and Borya
Well, he can't see her so uh... I guess she'd just prank him.
2) Demon Malroth and Erik
Erik is a worthy sacrifice for the master of destruction's rebirth.  Either that, or Erik murders him.

1. I think Honey & Brey would hit it off. My guess is as a fairy, Honey has been alive for a long time and she and Brey would have a lot to talk about the centuries they've been alive and the adventures they've taken. It'd be like a retiree/favorite nurse kind of relationship, but she'd really be older than him. Guessing they have a lot of different types of magic they could compare notes on too.

2. Agreed about Demon Malroth & Erik. There's nothing there but abject hatred and a battle to the death!

Think I'm just gonna do this every other day while posting two from now on

1) Gwaelin and Shelley

Gwaelin is too googly eyed for DQ1 Hero... and Shelley got lost.

2) Ashlynn and Lily Gilder

...No idea who the second is.

I wish others were as into this.

Think I'm just gonna do this every other day while posting two from now on

1) Gwaelin and Shelley
Gwaelin is too googly eyed for DQ1 Hero... and Shelley got lost.
2) Ashlynn and Lily Gilder
...No idea who the second is.

1. Shelley is a monster. Gwaelin was once kidnapped and held captive by a monster. Shelley can't stand Gwaelin's rediculous insistence on what she "must" do. Gwaelin's not a fan of Shelley's species. There's nothing here.

2. I can see this as being something that could work out, possibly even sexually. DQVI hero seems like the likely pair for Ashlynn, but he's not exactly a catch, who wants the bipolar town boy prince? She's very happy to go along with the flow & that flow could lead her to experiment with Lily. She's the hottie below in the crop top, pink jacket, and magic pants with no seams. She's all about being full of herself, and is quite the monster trainer. I think she could develop quite the eye for Ashlynn though and try to scout her & start a little party... if you know what I mean. e4d062d5e563a3bdcdb2c5c37235e5db.jpg

She's very happy to go along with the flow & that flow could lead her to experiment with Lily. She's the hottie below in the crop top, pink jacket, and magic pants with no seams. She's all about being full of herself, and is quite the monster trainer. I think she could develop quite the eye for Ashlynn though and try to scout her & start a little party... if you know what I mean. e4d062d5e563a3bdcdb2c5c37235e5db.jpg

I don't even remember this character

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Joker 2. She had some pink sanguini monster called the Countess or something like that. She was a bit stuck up.

Whoops, I was really busy yesterday.  And will probably be busy most of today too, so I'll just get this out of the way now

Prince of Cannock and Aurora

I can see these two getting along.  I imagine the Prince of Cannock being pretty fiery only to promptly die and Aurora also is, so yeah.

Stella and Nera Briscoletti

....I guess they can buy clothes together or... something.  I'm pretty sure Nera wouldn't be able to see Stella though...

Tryger and XI Serena

Another with a Monsters character I dunno

Milly and Tuppence

Tuppence would try to flirt with her, but he's not really her type.  After all, she says in the ending her type is Carver's dad.  ...Apparently.

Princess of Moonbrooke and Kiryl

Kiryl's type is considerably more fiery than that.  They'd also probably find each others accents confusing.

Captain Mayday and Dr. Snap

I think y'all already know I have nothing to say here.

What's funny is right now at the end of Joker 3 Pro, all these NPCs from the first two games have shown up. She's running the accessory creation shop.