The random crackship opinion thread!

So, there was discussion on the discord about how the forums need activity, in order to make people post.  I mused about making a thread where I ask for opinions on random things.

The first thing I thought of was this, and people on the discord seemed to like the idea, so I guess we're doing this now.  

Basically, each day, I will come in this thread and post a ship.  But not just any ship.  No, I made a list of characters, and to get what ship I post, I will plug that list into a Random Number Generator, and post whatever the Random Number God tells me.  

And you all, in the name of discussion, will talk about that ship.  Most of the ships posted here will likely be never met ships, so it's okay to just think and speculate about what sort of dynamic the characters would have if they did meet.  Doesn't necessarily have to be a romantic dynamic either.  It can be friendship, sibling-y, parent/child-y, what have you.  The point is to have fun, so have fun!

Also, no ship wars please.  If one breaks out then no more this thread (ie I will stop posting new pairings).  But y'all are mostly adults so I assume this doesn't need to be said.  But just in case.

Here is my current list of characters.  If you have an idea of someone to add, tell me!  I shall add them.  Doesn't matter if they are stupidly minor, the point is to have dumb fun.  So knock yourselves out on the silliness.  All I ask is they appear in at least one game with an official translation.  Even if it was the old style, it's still fine.

Spoiler

Dragon Quest I Hero
Gwaelin
Dragonlord
Prince of Midenhall
Prince of Cannock
Princess of Cannock
Princess of Moonbrooke
Hargon
Demon Malroth
Dragon Quest III Hero
Dragon Quest III Heroine
Baramos
Zoma
Empyrea/Ramia
Dragon Quest IV Hero
Dragon Quest IV Heroine
Ragnar McRyan
Alena
Kiryl
Borya
Torneko Taloon
Meena
Maya
Psaro
Aamon
Rose
Estark
Foo Yung
Chow Mein
Dragon Quest V Hero
Harry
Bianca Whitaker
Nera Briscoletti
Debora Briscoletti
Pankraz
Parry
Madchen
Saber
Sancho
Tuppence
Nimzo
Ladja
Madalena
Honey the fairy
Rodrigo Briscoletti
Dragon Quest VI Hero
Carver
Milly
Ashlynn
Nevan
Terry
Amos
Lizzie
Murdaw
Jamirus
Gracos
Dhuran
Mortamor
Nokturnus
King Somnus
Tania
Buddy (VI)
Goowain
Kingsley
Healie
Curie
Shelley
Mercury
Goober
Spot
Dragon Quest VII Hero
Kiefer
Lisette
Maribel
Ruff
Sir Mervyn
Aishe
Orgodemir
The Almighty (VII)
Dragon Quest VIII Hero
Yangus
Medea
King Trode
Jessica
Angelo
Marcello
The Great Kalderasha
Red
Morrie
Abbot Francisco
Dhoulmagus
Rhapthorne
Charmles
King Clavius
Dominico
Cameron Obscura
Dragon Quest IX Hero
Dragon Quest IX Heroine
Stella
Sterling
Patty
Erinn
Aquila
Pavo
Ginny
Sellma
Krak Pot
Serena (IX)
Corvus
Columba
Apus Major
Gregnarl
Barbarus
Dragon Quest XI Hero
Erik
Serena (XI)
Veronica
Sylvando
Rab
Jade
Hendrick
Jasper
King Carnelian
Mordegon
Dave
Dragon Quest Builders Hero
Dragon Quest Builders Heroine
Rubiss
Dragon Quest Builders 2 Hero
Dragon Quest Builders 2 Heroine
Human Malroth
Lulu
Luceus
Aurora
Doric
Isla
Lazarel
Teresa
Desdemona
Cesar
Cobi
Tara
Joker Trump
Hero (DQMJ2)
Anses
Solitaire
Madame Rummy
Dr Snap
Warden Trump
Melonie
Captain Mayday
Rory Bellows
Eugene Poole
Archie Logg
Lily Gilder
Slimon
Tryger
Anlucea
Juliante

Without further ado, the first pairing the RNG spat out was Doric and the female Dragon Quest Builders 2 Hero.  What sort of dynamic would they have?

Personally, I think Doric would treat her kinda like a daughter.  He's very much a team dad sort of type to just about everyone.

List of done pairings, AKA Table of Contents

Spoiler
  • Doric and Dragon Quest Builders 2 Heroine (page 1)
  • Psaro and Medea (page 1)
  • Healie and Veronica (page 1)
  • Princess of Moonbrooke and Murdaw (page 1)
  • Juliante and Bianca Whitaker (page 1)
  • Dragon Quest Builders Heroine and Rory Bellows (page 2)
  • Parry and Nokturnus (page 2)
  • Warden Trump and Gwaelin (page 2)
  • Dragon Quest I Hero and Alena (page 2)
  • Lazarel and Red (page 2)
  • Rodrigo Briscoletti and Slimon (page 2)
  • Honey the Fairy and Borya (page 2)
  • Demon Malroth and Erik (page 2)
  • Gwaelin and Shelley (page 2)
  • Ashlynn and Lily Gilder (page 2)

Edited by Glaceon Mage
listing done pairings
  • Like 1

Doric would definitely be super supportive of the Female DQB2 Hero. He'd be the kind of guy, while still being king, rooting for her all the way in anything she did.

Doric x DQB2 heroine hmm.... The age gap worries me a bit, but i can picture him laughing all the time whenever she builds royal or old-guy stuff. Like she gifts him one of those fancy clocks, and he bursts into laughing.

11 minutes ago, liquidmetalslime said:

Doric x DQB2 heroine hmm.... The age gap worries me a bit, but i can picture him laughing all the time whenever she builds royal or old-guy stuff. Like she gifts him one of those fancy clocks, and he bursts into laughing.

Yeah, the potential age gaps were the main reason I included the note on the relationships not needing to be romantic.  Besides, other relationship types are also fun!

It's been a day, so second pairing time

Psaro and Medea is what it spat out.

Well uh, hmmm.  I guess it depends on whether we're talking pre or post character development Psaro?  I think pre development Psaro would probably dismiss Medea solely on the basis of she's human, even though she's a sweetie.  But post development Psaro might be willing to be her friend.  I don't think it'd go anywhere beyond friendship since Psaro doesn't have eyes for anyone but Rose.  

On Medea's end, I think she'd probably pity Psaro a bit for what happened to him, but would also be open to being his friend after Rose is revived and stuff.  I don't think romance is entirely out of the question on her end, even if its unlikely, but she'd accept Psaro doesn't feel that way if she did.

I don't see a romance between Psaro & Medea at all. She might become smitten with his manslaying ways and all, but his heart will always beat only for Rosa (and/or hatred of humans). I envision their conversations filled with unrequited longing on both ends. 

Psaro would drone on and on about Rosa. He'd also probably touch quite often on his hatred of humans and his desire to destroy the world/find the secret of evolution. These would be equally the ramblings of a lovesick man and a megalomaniac. 

Medea would be longing for Psaro to be a normal hot guy, but there's no way that's going to happen. He's the male version of the joking crazy/hot matrix as seen on How I Met Your Mother. After a length of time, I believe Medea's longing would change. She's be longing to return to her horse form and just gallop away. 

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I don't see a romance between Psaro & Medea at all. She might become smitten with his manslaying ways and all, but his heart will always beat only for Rosa (and/or hatred of humans). I envision their conversations filled with unrequited longing on both ends. 

Psaro would drone on and on about Rosa. He'd also probably touch quite often on his hatred of humans and his desire to destroy the world/find the secret of evolution. These would be equally the ramblings of a lovesick man and a megalomaniac. 

Medea would be longing for Psaro to be a normal hot guy, but there's no way that's going to happen. He's the male version of the joking crazy/hot matrix as seen on How I Met Your Mother. After a length of time, I believe Medea's longing would change. She's be longing to return to her horse form and just gallop away. 

Medea really wants Yangus. It’s all too clear.

I always suspected Pickham was involved in the illegal substances trade. This post is confirmation.

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The Yangus hat is all too alluring.

Obviously Alena x Kiryl.

12 hours ago, Bururian said:

The Yangus hat is all too alluring.

It’s all those thick, lustrious spikes.

Obviously Alena x Kiryl.
That isn't even what this is about.

Basically, each day, I will come in this thread and post a ship.  But not just any ship.  No, I made a list of characters, and to get what ship I post, I will plug that list into a Random Number Generator, and post whatever the Random Number God tells me.  
List of done pairings
  • Doric and Dragon Quest Builders 2 Heroine (page 1)
  • Psaro and Medea (page 1)

• Like 1

Third pairing is Healie and Veronica.  I didn't specify in the list whether that refers to VI or IV Healie, though I intended VI and sorted him with that game, might as well discuss both.

Veronica would love to be friends with a cute little healslime to help them become a gooman (something both Healies want).  I do not think she's romantically attracted to slimes though.  Maybe after IV Healie does become a gooman, it could happen!  Healie is a sweetie, so I think he and Veronica could get along very well.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

That isn't even what this is about. emoji53.png

Reading is hard.

Third pairing is Healie and Veronica.  I didn't specify in the list whether that refers to VI or IV Healie, though I intended VI and sorted him with that game, might as well discuss both.
Veronica would love to be friends with a cute little healslime to help them become a gooman (something both Healies want).  I do not think she's romantically attracted to slimes though.  Maybe after IV Healie does become a gooman, it could happen!  Healie is a sweetie, so I think he and Veronica could get along very well.

I don't think this would work out well at all. I forsee this friendship as being DOA. Veronica isn't a child and I don't see her going for childish things like being BFFs with a heal slime. While she looks like a child, she's not, that part of her is dead and gone. She's an adult, and as an adult I'm sure she'd appreciate another healer team member, but they're not going to hang out and have tea parties or anything cutesie. While not dead inside, I don't forsee any warm feelings outside of team comraderie.

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I don't think this would work out well at all. I forsee this friendship as being DOA. Veronica isn't a child and I don't see her going for childish things like being BFFs with a heal slime. While she looks like a child, she's not, that part of her is dead and gone. She's an adult, and as an adult I'm sure she'd appreciate another healer team member, but they're not going to hang out and have tea parties or anything cutesie. While not dead inside, I don't forsee any warm feelings outside of team comraderie.

You don't need to be a child to think of someone, even a healslime, as a friend.  Healie's already BFFs with Ragnar, who is most certainly not a child.

I'm going to go against the odds and say that these 2 could hit it off. I believe Murdaw would have some body image issues. He once was quite a bit bigger, but he's been putting in the effort, exercising to his own theme song, Brave Fight, and now although he's lost a lot of weight, he's got these huge skin flaps left behind, hanging down to his toes. A bit self-consciously, he's got this smock on to try and hide what causes him shame & keeps him retreating to the Dream World. While some might think these kinds of issues don't affect the Princess of Moonbrooke, if you get to texting her late at night, when she's more vulnerable and truthful, you'll see that it's actually true. As a teenager, she was disgracefully turned into a dog. A dog! Left naked, abandoned to pee all around town, she's got a lot of issues deep down that she'll never talk about. While DQ8's Jessica is Va-Va-Voom and the female DQ3 Warrior is barely wearing a thing, Moonbrooke is covered quite literally head to toe. All that time spent as a hairy, naked creature still weighs heavy on her mind, and she makes up for it the only way she knows how.

While I don't forsee these 2 sitting down having conversations in public, I think they're in the same support group in Endor. From DQ2 & DQ6, they find common ground meeting in the middle at a central town in DQ4 where they're unknown enough to attend some anonymous self-help meetings and hopefully open up and discuss their issues over some cups of strong coffee.

Pics for context. b6ec2ee5cb0902b2b1c2515670befba7.jpg88e13cbaabed0ecb2486c4b029409517.jpg

On 6/19/2021 at 6:57 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Reading is hard.

It is when you're using Tapatalk Mobile and it hates you.

Psaro X Medea? I can see it. He breaks the cure on Medea, and she fall head-over-heals with the bishie.

• Like 1

Next pair is Juliante and Bianca.

I haven't read the story of the current Tact event (which is what qualified Juliante for this thread) yet or X, so I can't really speak about this pairing.

Next pair is Juliante and Bianca.
I haven't read the story of the current Tact event (which is what qualified Juliante for this thread) yet or X, so I can't really speak about this pairing.
Oh, this isn't going to go well at all. At first I think these two might hit it off, mainly based on casual fans dislike of each of these two characters. There was once a time where Bianca was seen as (yes canon, but still) the trailer-trash wife option of DQV. She seemed to come from a hick town and have this deadbeat dad thing going on, and really nothing in her life except for "hey, remember that one time at band camp when we hunted a ghost?" Similarly Juliante is seen as trash by many a casual DQ fan. For one, she's in DQX which is looked down upon by the world community as Japan looks down upon the world community. Then she showed up in DQ Tact, because as we all know there's no trash like mobile trash. With these biases of being a couple pieces of trash, I believe the two would've bonded over this.

However, we're more educated fans here at the Den. We have played multiple translations of DQV and seen Your Story and know Bianca is of Zenithian blood and pretty kickass (if a bit of a drunk). She's awesome.

On the other hand, Juliante is a #$*!ing #$*!! She's basically evil, demon Deborah. If Debs would take to kidnapping men, dressing even sluttier, and trying to kill the hero's party instead of join them, she'd basically be Juliante.

Bianca would take one look at Juliante and see evil Debs, a woman set on taking her chosen man away from her. She'd attack. Juliante would take one look at Bianca, see the power and ability within her to birth and raise the Chosen One and attack. It'd be one hell of a battle.

Bianca has eyes for nobody except the Hero...

But Julianne tho...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I googled Juliante...

Bianca ain't a sub. :w I don't see it. 

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

Bianca has eyes for nobody except the Hero...

But Julianne tho...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Except which hero though?! There are 11 of them!

• Like 1