What is the best walkthrough for DQ 11 S on the Switch?

Hi all, I bought a Switch and DQ 11 S two days ago. I can not find a physical strategy guide in English so I'm trying to figure out what the best walkthrough is online. I've noticed there is one on IGN, another on Neoseeker, and two on GameFaqs. Which do you all recommend for a completionist?

Thanks!

AC

On 6/2/2021 at 7:51 PM, AustNerevar said:

A fair warning, it doesn't account for all instances of where equipment is found.

Nor will this work well for 2D in a few areas...shops yes, sidequests yes (a LOT of materials are in different areas, or slightly different areas, or work differently, like single shiny spots or multi spots where it's randomly 1~3 per grab, and each item is rolled from 2~4, usually 3 distinct items (and a few materials are only found in one spot in 2D that is a random grab of a potential 4 items, which you may not find a first or second attempt).

Do note 2D mini medal locations are different for about 20 mini medals, all in Act 1, though they're fairly easy to find.

This also doesn't account for any of the Tickington stuff, nor the extra DE equipment and items (not much, but there's some).  Like the secret wheel of harma.  Or the special items like Baumrun's Bell.

One of the quests was changed, but it's very obvious, and it's in the third act (the directions are more straight forward).  I forget which one it is.

If you want a list of missable items, that accounts for the DE (though it misses a bit in 2D, though only in relation to Sylvando's special section in the pre-Act 2 interlude section, as there is one more recruit in 2D, and locations are different for 5 of them):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UMR8kDZWWJAwIkBNiJrwgRVy2MtdYbtfjYKmoYWHdrE/edit#heading=h.devwmswqr6ix

• Like 1

A fair warning, it doesn't account for all instances of where equipment is found.
Nor will this work well for 2D in a few areas...shops yes, sidequests yes (a LOT of materials are in different areas, or slightly different areas, or work differently, like single shiny spots or multi spots where it's randomly 1~3 per grab, and each item is rolled from 2~4, usually 3 distinct items (and a few materials are only found in one spot in 2D that is a random grab of a potential 4 items, which you may not find a first or second attempt).
Do note 2D mini medal locations are different for about 20 mini medals, all in Act 1, though they're fairly easy to find.
This also doesn't account for any of the Tickington stuff, nor the extra DE equipment and items (not much, but there's some).  Like the secret wheel of harma.  Or the special items like Baumrun's Bell.
One of the quests was changed, but it's very obvious, and it's in the third act (the directions are more straight forward).  I forget which one it is.
If you want a list of missable items, that accounts for the DE (though it misses a bit in 2D, though only in relation to Sylvando's special section in the pre-Act 2 interlude section, as there is one more recruit in 2D, and locations are different for 5 of them):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UMR8kDZWWJAwIkBNiJrwgRVy2MtdYbtfjYKmoYWHdrE/edit#heading=h.devwmswqr6ix
Good notes and addition. Thanks!