I would like to share some Dragon Quest romhacks from Japan!

Hello everyone. I am EverydaySlime. I am using a translator to assist in this. I see that there is a nice Dragon Quest community with Westerners and I am surprised to see many fan games here too! Did you know we have some in Japan too? I would like to share them with you. I would like to share my number one favorite K.Mix.

https://retrogamehackers.net/dq3kmix-readme/

This modification is of Dragon Quest III. It adds many events and scenarios to the game. Scenarios like playing event with Ortega and having non Rudia Party members! The difficulty is raised as well so be ready.

• Like 4

I collected some images for K.Mix. I tried not to spoil to much but you will be very happy to see the bonus dungeon from the GBC is in too!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hello everyone. I am EverydaySlime. I am using a translator to assist in this. I see that there is a nice Dragon Quest community with Westerners and I am surprised to see many fan games here too! Did you know we have some in Japan too? I would like to share them with you. I would like to share my number one favorite K.Mix.
https://retrogamehackers.net/dq3kmix-readme/
This modification is of Dragon Quest III. It adds many events and scenarios to the game. Scenarios like playing event with Ortega and having non Rudia Party members! The difficulty is raised as well so be ready.

Thank you! This is so cool.

I love to see Japanese fans interact with Western fans.

Dragon Quest hasn't always been very popular in the West. There weren't very many Dragon Quest fans until the Hero was added to Super Smash Bros. Because there were so few of us, we are a very close and dedicated fanbase.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Awww man

It would be so cool to have the GBC bonus dungeon in the SFC version.

But otherwise I would want a vanilla experience.

I think I want to try out K Mix though.

There aren't enough DQ romhacks out there.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 7:54 AM, Erdrick The Hero said:

Awww man

It would be so cool to have the GBC bonus dungeon in the SFC version.

But otherwise I would want a vanilla experience.

More Vanilla meaning less new events? You can find many here

https://w.atwiki.jp/dq_binary/pages/31.html

Some only add new professions.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:13 PM, AustNerevar said:

I think I want to try out K Mix though.

There aren't enough DQ romhacks out there.

I hope you will enjoy it and post some pictures!

• Like 1

I see some DQ6 ones there. I guess the auto translation may not be perfect, but I don't see any description that says, "actually makes this game good."

8 hours ago, EverydaySlime said:

More Vanilla meaning less new events? You can find many here

https://w.atwiki.jp/dq_binary/pages/31.html

Some only add new professions.

I hope you will enjoy it and post some pictures!

I took a look at that page but my Japanese isn't very good and the Google translations were pretty rough.

Basically, what I'm looking for is just the GBC version of the game but with SFC graphics and sound.

40 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I took a look at that page but my Japanese isn't very good and the Google translations were pretty rough.

Basically, what I'm looking for is just the GBC version of the game but with SFC graphics and sound.

There isn't anything like that. Nobody will do just that because K.Mix has it and more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are the tools used to add maps to DQ3 SFC (like the extra dungeon in K.Mix) publicly available?

• 2 weeks later...

That's great! :o 

I wonder if there's a romhack to play Emblem of Roto or other stuff like that. One romhack I definitely want to play on day, is Dragon Quest IV: The Legend of Rivast (known as Bladud in the US release of DQIV) (ドラゴンクエストⅣリバスト伝説

A game that uses story elements from the novel DQIV Legend in the Dark, and telling the legend of Bladud/Rivast, the ghost we see in the town of Bath, and how he came in possession of the Zenithian armor. :D 

On 6/20/2021 at 7:32 PM, Erdrick The Hero said:

Are the tools used to add maps to DQ3 SFC (like the extra dungeon in K.Mix) publicly available?

I suppose if there were, they'd be here:

https://retrogamehackers.net/downloadtop/#i