What HD-2D Remakes do YOU guys want to see from Square Enix?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I Never Even KNEW I wanted a DQIII in an artstyle/aesthetic Inspired by Octopath Traveler. . .

I Wonder How that'd affect the Customly Chosen Classes of the OG Game(I.E. You Choose WHICH Class of Party members you want; and you choose what their names are)

I Sure Hope this succeeds; so that Square Enix would Provide EVEN More HD-2D Remakes of their Classic Games. . .

It Makes me wonder what OTHER Games they could do in HD-2D. . .

What do YOU Guys think about Dragon Quest III HD-2D?!

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

I think it's epic! I hope 1 and 2 receive the same treatment.

Me Too. . .

And while It's NOT As Likely; I'd Love to see an HD-2D Mode in Dragon Quest XII; Or See a HD-2D Chrono Trigger(on Second thought; That just might not be possible; due to how the Battles take place on the Overworld in that game; as well as Enemy Placement being a Significant Gameplay Mechanic for Battle Strategy; and with the Double & Triple Techs as well); or See Remakes Of Dragon Quest IV, V, & VI in the HD-2D Style of Octopath Traveler. . .

Edited by ErdrickSmasherVIII
UPDATE
  • Like 2

What I want to see?  Different modes of HD-2D.  Let's see Breath of Fire 3/4 and Grandia HD-2D, not just Octopath.  Turning a camera to look at a different angle, is a staple of the 2.5D style, at least until Octopath Traveler was introduced.  Or maybe it was Tokyo RPG Factory's first outing?

• Like 1

Sorry, I cheated with the poll. Looking at that list there wasn't a single game I wouldn't want done in that style. So I voted all four.

• Like 2

I cheated as well. 

But a game that deserves the Octopath treatment would DEFINATELY have to be Final Fantasy 6. 

It would be so georgeouseses.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I don't want to see any other "HD-2D" remakes. Peak DQ was PS1/DS/V for PS2.

• Like 1

It's interesting. I like how the perspective changes to the classic DQ style as the monsters are attacking, but the animation needs to be smoother.

• Like 1

The poll didn’t have my choice, which is Dragon Quest VIII. I’ve long wanted a demake in the style of the DS games. The Switch version’s 2D mode gave me hope that we might get something like this, and now that I know they’re making remakes in a similar (but more modern) style, I think this far off dream game is a lot closer to reality than I could have hoped for.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I don't want to see any other "HD-2D" remakes.

Totally disagree with this. Any remakes that’ll spread love for the series will be great in my book. Even for me, all of the remakes have made the games way more accessible and some of them have just been an outright blast, with III and VII being at the top of the list.

That being said, I would get most excited about remakes of IV - VI. I’d replay all three in HD-2D mode and I’d be damn excited about it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Totally disagree with this. Any remakes that’ll spread love for the series will be great in my book. Even for me, all of the remakes have made the games way more accessible and some of them have just been an outright blast, with III and VII being at the top of the list.

That being said, I would get most excited about remakes of IV - VI. I’d replay all three in HD-2D mode and I’d be damn excited about it.

Those games would look nice with an HD 2D Octopath Traveler style look. It would be fun to watch your monsters following you around the overworld if they were given a bit more animation (and actual diagonal movement sprites) as you explored.

Seems they are making this style of remake for Dragon Quest 1 and 2 as well (as Yuji Horii actually got the whistle blown at him for spilling the beans on that), so maybe when it comes down to it we’ll see an Erdrick Trilogy HD 2D release in one package.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Those games would look nice with an HD 2D Octopath Traveler style look. It would be fun to watch your monsters following you around the overworld if they were given a bit more animation (and actual diagonal movement sprites) as you explored.

Seems they are making this style of remake for Dragon Quest 1 and 2 as well (as Yuji Horii actually got the whistle blown at him for spilling the beans on that), so maybe when it comes down to it we’ll see an Erdrick Trilogy HD 2D release in one package.

I’d actually prefer a package over individual releases. Though I could see myself buying them individually if they’re released super far apart in time.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I agree with Yangus, I want to see a big Erdrick package release!

Spoiler

Erdrick already did that. It’s Dragon Quest 1 and 2.

• Like 1
On 5/29/2021 at 7:52 AM, eal said:

The poll didn’t have my choice, which is Dragon Quest VIII. I’ve long wanted a demake in the style of the DS games. The Switch version’s 2D mode gave me hope that we might get something like this, and now that I know they’re making remakes in a similar (but more modern) style, I think this far off dream game is a lot closer to reality than I could have hoped for.

Yep.  I said the exact same thing myself.  I would also like to see the same for 7 and 9 (of course, after 9 gets a remake).

dragon quest 1 & 2 please!! i am so excited for 3, and really really want to see the whole trilogy in 2DHD! aaaahhh, this is amazing! i'm simply buzzing!