Convenience and Day/Night spell

You know, with all the quality-of-life improvements (not all of which I prefer) I really would have liked it if they'd created a Day/Night item or spell. Especially for those few recruitable monsters that are day-only or night-only, or monster hunting in general. It could even be a Red-specific spell. The eau de monster was good for the photo challenges, so it's not like they couldn't create a new item. I will say the double bubbles are pretty cool, so I am glad about that improvement. Oh well, c'est la vie.

• Like 3

You and me both.  That was one missing element that would have been nice to see return.  I think they removed it because you can sleep until evening in almost all resting spots.  At least the ones that function like inns, and those that are inns.  Strange the nuns who offer rest won't allow for it.  Which is still a tad annoying when it comes to how long it can take to trek back to the desired location from the nearest resting location in a few spots, like the areas between Ascantha and the former and latter towns being quite massive, lol.  So until Baumrun, that's a tad annoying, especially going South, as Morrie's is the only location.  The other being the bulk of Argonia.

• Like 3

And those islands around Empycchu. At least one of them has a night only recruitable monster. Nightwing, I think.

I do remember being pleasantly surprised (way back when) that I could rest until evening because I think that was brand new to DQ at the time.

• Like 2

And those islands around Empycchu. At least one of them has a night only recruitable monster. Nightwing, I think.
I do remember being pleasantly surprised (way back when) that I could rest until evening because I think that was brand new to DQ at the time.
Totally believe that was a first, yes. It was new to me.
  • Like 2

Yep, DQ8 having the "Rest Until Evening" option at inns was a first.

So interesting how things are tweaked over time after introduction.  We go from that, to four separate points in time, morning, day, evening, and night.  Which is really funny, as nothing in DQ11 requires either morning or evening specifically.  So I wonder if they had some plans that were never implemented.