Jump to content

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 3DS "S-Rank" & "SS-Rank" English Synthesis Guide?


Recommended Posts

So, I've just entered the post-game for DQM2 on the 3DS. I know that you can get the synthesis guide from the game itself by heading to the library, and I've already done so for everything up to A-Rank. However, to get the S-Rank and SS-Rank libraries, you basically need to complete the post-game entirely, which I don't want to do without grabbing more powerful monsters (currently using a "Gryphynx" and my Monter as my main team, got lucky with scouting the Gryphynx).

I want to try to at least grab a 4-slot monster, but every guide I search online is a Japanese site, which doesn't work since the "Google Translate" doesn't list the names found in-game, but does a "translation" of the japanese text, so it gets confusing. Is there any good English Synthesis guides online, at least for the S-Rank and SS-Rank monsters? Thanks for the help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
So, I've just entered the post-game for DQM2 on the 3DS. I know that you can get the synthesis guide from the game itself by heading to the library, and I've already done so for everything up to A-Rank. However, to get the S-Rank and SS-Rank libraries, you basically need to complete the post-game entirely, which I don't want to do without grabbing more powerful monsters (currently using a "Gryphynx" and my Monter as my main team, got lucky with scouting the Gryphynx).
I want to try to at least grab a 4-slot monster, but every guide I search online is a Japanese site, which doesn't work since the "Google Translate" doesn't list the names found in-game, but does a "translation" of the japanese text, so it gets confusing. Is there any good English Synthesis guides online, at least for the S-Rank and SS-Rank monsters? Thanks for the help.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V7Q_sovR-j0ir9FKEVW_-T9O_SDPitdgQ_tntd0cl74/edit?usp=drivesdk

You doing the WiFi at all, getting the free keys daily?
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you very much, now I can start going for better monsters. I'm on Citra, so I can't access the internet on the game. I can enter the lobby fine, and it says the WiFi signal is on, but whenever I try to connect to the internet, it goes on forever.

Edited by MrHoudini05
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 8:31 AM, Plattym3 said:

Hey, sorry for notifying you, but I'm also wondering about the monsters that you get from the trial keys, that you need to create the 4 square monsters from the realms, like the Beast's Trial Key. Is it possible to get multiple copies of them in order to create multiple 4-square monsters? I want to get Grand Estark, as well as the Dark Dragonlord, but I'm worried that by going for one monster, I can't get the other. So, is it possible to get more than one? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey, sorry for notifying you, but I'm also wondering about the monsters that you get from the trial keys, that you need to create the 4 square monsters from the realms, like the Beast's Trial Key. Is it possible to get multiple copies of them in order to create multiple 4-square monsters? I want to get Grand Estark, as well as the Dark Dragonlord, but I'm worried that by going for one monster, I can't get the other. So, is it possible to get more than one? Thanks.
Wow, you're way farther than me! I don't have any clue. Are you on Discord? This is the group that translated and there are Uber Players there galore.

https://discord.gg/QkeES95j
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Wow, you're way farther than me! I don't have any clue. Are you on Discord? This is the group that translated and there are Uber Players there galore.

https://discord.gg/QkeES95j

I have Discord, but I haven’t joined that group. Might as well do that now, since I want to confirm. Thanks for telling me, and good luck with the rest of your game!

Edited by MrHoudini05
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MrHoudini05 said:

I have Discord, but I haven’t joined that group. Might as well do that now, since I want to confirm. Thanks for telling me, and good luck with the rest of your game!

Just in case you haven’t found out from the Discord yet, I opened up my old save and checked whether you could scout the 4-slot monsters if you’ve already scouted one before, and it turns out you can. I also checked whether they respawn if you currently have the monster in your storage, and there doesn’t seem to be a limit of how many you can own at one time (you just get a lower scout percentage the more of the same monster you have). 
 

For example, after a few tries I was able to scout a second Stalagosaur.

0A17891E-932F-4954-BB69-3F99FBC496D3.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, misterholbrook said:

Just in case you haven’t found out from the Discord yet, I opened up my old save and checked whether you could scout the 4-slot monsters if you’ve already scouted one before, and it turns out you can. I also checked whether they respawn if you currently have the monster in your storage, and there doesn’t seem to be a limit of how many you can own at one time (you just get a lower scout percentage the more of the same monster you have). 
 

For example, after a few tries I was able to scout a second Stalagosaur.

0A17891E-932F-4954-BB69-3F99FBC496D3.jpeg

Didn’t know that you could scout them multiple times, that’s cool. Already got some info that the trial key monsters can be scouted multiple times as well, so this is good. Now I can get the Dark Dragonlord without losing the chance to get Grand Estark.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...