Just beat main story SPOILERS

Alright, I just beat Sol Dothradeth (hoarding gems for revival made it possible).

The whole Season 2 thing...I have no more go to marks and the chick asked me to stop the Space Government from her book. Either season 2 is Japanese exclusive content or the "other worlds" are the various event dungeons (Gaius referred to one of the events as visiting another planet after all).

Anyway, I think it will be no problem screen shotting all the replay scenes and weaving the into something readable. This game us lucky it has a good storyline, else I would have gone mad hopping all over the dungeons over and over and over...

Definitely not my favorite game, but I had fun for free.

Perhaps in the future we can brainstorm a fan fic which involves taking down the Space Government once and for all.

• Like 1

Wow. Your internal fortitude is higher than mine. The gameplay wasn't compelling enough to fight through a billion menus for me.

I'd actually really enjoy reading your screenshot retelling. That sounds cool!

• Like 1

Season 2 was going to be one of the next things released before we got the announcement that the game was shutting down....

I believe the JP version has two other story planets in addition to Brullia, so that was where the next story segment would likely take us.

A screenshot retelling of season 1 would be awesome! Maybe we can even add it to the Den main site as a memory of the time we did have with the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Wow. Your internal fortitude is higher than mine. The gameplay wasn't compelling enough to fight through a billion menus for me.

I'd actually really enjoy reading your screenshot retelling. That sounds cool!

Knowing it's going down was bad for my OCD.

Thank God for OCD.

All the mysteries are now solved. I know who Dethdaroth is, I know that the moon was once the planet Madria, I know that Madria was originally called Planet Earth, I know that the Space Government rules all the universe. I know I used about 1500 plus gems to revive and beat Sol Dethradoth.

What I don't know is if the continuation of the story is merely one playing other worlds.

And I never set foot on Balzath Continent.

I wonder if in the Japanese version if you actually take down the Space Government.

I feel like a film buff searching for a print of London After Midnight.

8 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

Season 2 was going to be one of the next things released before we got the announcement that the game was shutting down....

I believe the JP version has two other story planets in addition to Brullia, so that was where the next story segment would likely take us.

A screenshot retelling of season 1 would be awesome! Maybe we can even add it to the Den main site as a memory of the time we did have with the game.

You posted while I was typing my last post. Lol

I think Eventually I need to install Bluestacks on my laptopand use the screen translator option.

• Like 1

I am trying to play thru the as much of the main story as I can again on Bluestacks and record videos of it all as well for posterity :)

• Like 4

I started playing the Japanese version of Stars as soon as they announced Global version was going down. 

The 2nd and 3rd seasons (so planets) are available as soon as you beat Marquis de Leon in the main storyline, which quite early on. It's a shame honestly, cause the space government looked to cool in the art one can find around. 

I'd definitely going to screenshot every line of dialog and try review it on the French wiki too. Already started doing it with the first season. Beating the story and being able to review it chapter per chapter is a blessing. 👌🏻

Playing Japanese 1st Season entirely will also let me see how the translation process worked. If some names sounded localized from time to time, most of the names just sounded like Japanese names but written with the Latin alphabet. If that's the case, I'll def just do that with the story content of the second and third seasons too.  

Imma miss the game a lot. Playing it was really fun. Plus, a DQ game with guns and spaceship! 😧

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xiggy said:

I started playing the Japanese version of Stars as soon as they announced Global version was going down. 

The 2nd and 3rd seasons (so planets) are available as soon as you beat Marquis de Leon in the main storyline, which quite early on. It's a shame honestly, cause the space government looked to cool in the art one can find around. 

I'd definitely going to screenshot every line of dialog and try review it on the French wiki too. Already started doing it with the first season. Beating the story and being able to review it chapter per chapter is a blessing. 👌🏻

Playing Japanese 1st Season entirely will also let me see how the translation process worked. If some names sounded localized from time to time, most of the names just sounded like Japanese names but written with the Latin alphabet. If that's the case, I'll def just do that with the story content of the second and third seasons too.  

Imma miss the game a lot. Playing it was really fun. Plus, a DQ game with guns and spaceship! 😧

I remember Gaius calling the Erick trilogy event (or the Zenith Dragon event) another planet. So by planet you mean that you can spin 2 other planets under your fingers before reviving Earth at the end? 

And this all happens without defeating Sol Dethradoth? It happens after you take out the Battracian boss?

I used QooApp and now have the Japanese version. I intend to start in my spare time. I sunk 92 hours into global over a 2 week span, so it's break time for me!

Edit: Erdrick (dumb auto correct).

• Like 1

One last question: even though these planets are accessible early on, does the story on them take place after the death of Sol Dethradoth?

22 hours ago, redneckpride4ever said:

does the story on them take place after the death of Sol Dethradoth?

I assume it does, since after S1 was beaten they weren't accessible yet. We had like two event with the lady from the book (Orial or something), and the characters didn't know her.

I guess I'll know for sure when I get there haha

Getting back to Sol Dothradeth is going to be long and boring, but since JP version is going anywhere anytime, I guess I don't have to rush it :P

3 hours ago, Xiggy said:

I assume it does, since after S1 was beaten they weren't accessible yet. We had like two event with the lady from the book (Orial or something), and the characters didn't know her.

I guess I'll know for sure when I get there haha

Getting back to Sol Dothradeth is going to be long and boring, but since JP version is going anywhere anytime, I guess I don't have to rush it :P

Very cool. I can continue with the story without having to get past Batraccia

• Upvote 1