Hey gang, my google/bing skills are letting me down here.

I want to buy CD's of Dragon Quest V and Dragon Quest III soundtracks. Original sound preferred. Do those exist?

I can find symphonic suites that seem based on PS2 or other remakes. Are those my only choice for a CD?

I should add that SFC versions are fine. Like DQIII doesn't have to be NES version. I like the SFC soundtracks.

They do exist for V and both versions of III. They're long out of print, but you should be able to easily find them on the secondary market.

Searching for "ドラゴンクエスト" and the appropriate roman numeral followed by OST will make tracking down your treasure easier.

If anyone else catches an error, please feel free to correct me!
The box set for V is the original that features the game and symphonic suites. There are also brass and electone versions of the soundtrack, but the box set you posted I believe is the one you're looking for.

III also has the original and symphonic on the album.
Koichi Sugiyama – Symphonic Suite Dragon Quest III - 交響組曲 ドラゴンクエストIII  そして伝説へ… (1988, CD) - Discogs

III SFC has separate albums of the original and symphonic suites. This is the original. The symphonic suite is red. There's also a blue cover, but I can't recall which that one is.
Super Famicom Version Dragon Quest III: Into the Legend... Original Game  Music / スーパーファミコン版