How long will Tact Make it?

Poll  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Running on the Den's Twitter account as well just to compare. So with DQM:SL only making it about 1 year 5 months and DQotS only making it about 1 year 4 months. How long will Dragon Quest Tact last?

Super Lite was never officially released outside the SEA region, correct?  We could download it, but the servers were located there.  So that might be why.  They were building their model based on the SEA region.

To the Stars had a load of other problems inherent to it.  It was far too demanding of funds, very iffy when it came to what phones could handle it.  Older phones struggle, and mine isn't quite that old since I got an updated one, which is only 7 years old, which for a game like To the Stars shouldn't have been struggling so hard.  Granted battles were smooth, it was the world map and loading up any new areas, or going back and forth from the menu.  Plus it was clunky, the equipment randomization element was a tad annoying there as compared to Tact, and it's not as single-player friendly.  Plus, as mentioned by others, it had the issue of too many updates in one go, and aren't there fixed time limits on updates?  I noticed that when I played it seemed like some sections were supposed to be up for a week or two, or it seemed that way.  Might be I wasn't paying attention, but that was a MASSIVE turn-off.  Especially given progress is capped to paying or up to a certain point for free per day.

This game isn't nearly as restrictive, and the pay to play element is more built into upgrades and special updates.  Which means it's a more friendly game to general gamers, so would have a wider audience, would require fewer overall funds for anyone savvy enough to keep tabs on their spending, seems cheaper for upgrade bonus items, and the game doesn't really push to require it so much.  Meaning it's not as demanding to succeed.  Plus the tactical element is well thought out, especially as I progress.  So it offers a lot more variety of play and better general play control that is reminiscent of games with very ardent followings, who tend to prefer that style of play.

So I can see this game lasting a bit longer.  Though in the end, it depends on how much general cash flow they see daily, per week, per month...however they determine success and whatever goals they have to consider the value and worth of keeping it around.

Tact is also released very close to the Japanese release, meaning updates are consistent between regions.  So we aren't bombarded, and anything that does have a time limit, is likely to see a lot of early adopters in a better position to complete said objectives.  It's also less time consuming to complete objectives than To the Stars ever was.  I'm not sure on Super Lite, as I never played it.

• Like 1

This game is in a much better position to last than Global Stars ever was.  I can see it going at least 2 years.  

I do still question why it's not single server for everyone (like Fire Emblem Heroes or Granblue Fantasy), but for a separate global server I do think it stands more of a chance than Stars for the same reasons as Iggy.  Provided they don't like, completely botch the game management down the road like Stars did.  A separate English server can last so long as they, you know, actually seem to care about the game, and Tact so far doesn't have the gigantic warning signs Stars had from the beginning.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna be honest, I’m sure the sudden closure of Dragon Quest of the Stars spooked a lot of Dragon Quest fans away from potentially wasting their time playing a game that could die at any moment...which will almost definitely hasten Tact’s eventually shutdown.

I would be surprised if Tact makes it to 2022.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, eal said:

Gonna be honest, I’m sure the sudden closure of Dragon Quest of the Stars spooked a lot of Dragon Quest fans away from potentially wasting their time playing a game that could die at any moment...which will almost definitely hasten Tact’s eventually shutdown.

I would be surprised if Tact makes it to 2022.

I wouldn't discount Tact. The DQ Tact Twitter account has twice as many followers as Stars did in JP. It's actually the most followed DQ Twitter acct (aside from the main one, I think) even beating out DQX's account. Tact is REALLY popular in Japan and I wouldn't be surprised that a major contributing factor in the global Stars app being shutdown was the fact that most of the Stars players moved over to Tact. DQ Tact is also a single player game whereas Stars really didn't shine (as little as it did imo) in the solo stuff. Once Stars' playbase dwindled it had an echoing feedback effect where people stopped playing because nobody else was running dungeons anymore.

9 hours ago, Aphelion said:

Add on top of that we're just about to get yet another Dragon Quest mobile game and Tact's prospects don't look too great.

How so? Do you have any info I might have missed?

On 4/17/2021 at 11:16 AM, AustNerevar said:

How so? Do you have any info I might have missed?

He's talking the Dai one.  Which is basically a reskinned DQotS action RPG.  It shouldn't affect Tact at all, but it was likely the nail in the Star coffin.  The black hole that swallowed the global stars.