Dragon Quest of the Stars Time Investment

Poll  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Running this on Twitter as well, just curious how much time you did/will put into Dragon Quest of the Stars before it shuts down?

I played it almost daily for about 2 or 3 months when it first launched. Even bought the speed up pass, intending to only sub for one month but I kept forgetting to cancel it so I ended up keeping it a couple of months.

I don't know why I kept playing it to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I played it almost daily for about 2 or 3 months when it first launched. Even bought the speed up pass, intending to only sub for one month but I kept forgetting to cancel it so I ended up keeping it a couple of months.

I don't know why I kept playing it to be honest.

I downloaded it on Day 1, but never opened it. 😕 No point in starting now. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I played it pretty much every day for a bit at least, I have 50,000 gems saved up that I was going to put towards the Zenithian Lucky Chest draws at some point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I played it since day one and played it almost every day, whenever a new event or story would be released. 

I really loved the game, the story was interesting, the customization was great.... Really bummed out 'bout the closing of the game. 😔

• Like 1

Yeah, I have played it almost every day as well. Actually just got all of my characters to Revocation 3 Level 99 of the classes I was working on.

• Like 2

Speaking of which, I'm sure lots of people here have gotten weapons and equipment I haven't. 

On some wikia were trying to make a comprehensive list of the compendium per section (monsters, weapons, helms, armors, shields etc) and I'd love to know if anyone here had a somewhat "complete" compendium. Be it a website or in the game itself, cause I'd love to be able to fill in the lists on our French wikia.  😔

I didn't even know it came out,came across it one day in the app store,played for 5 mins and realised it ran terribly on my phone. So not a lot 😅

On 4/12/2021 at 12:07 PM, Xiggy said:

Speaking of which, I'm sure lots of people here have gotten weapons and equipment I haven't. 

On some wikia were trying to make a comprehensive list of the compendium per section (monsters, weapons, helms, armors, shields etc) and I'd love to know if anyone here had a somewhat "complete" compendium. Be it a website or in the game itself, cause I'd love to be able to fill in the lists on our French wikia.  😔

Oh! We actually have a few of us working on this on the Dragon’s Den Discord! 
We even have a lot of assets from data mine, including the 3D character model parts, so one of our members is trying to put together a 3D printable version of his character.

You can join the Discord via the index here, or I can send you a like to our google drive where we are compiling all the information if you’d like 😁

• Like 1

I've spent the last 2 weeks cranking through the story. Currently on Chapter 31.

I cant help but picture Gaius soiling his Depends when the Astronomer broke his news.

I played Stars at launch and then played regularly for about a month or 2. I know I got burnt out on trying to do the story stuff and eventually my “playtime,” was just me logging in for the free pull and other rewards.

Can’t say I really cared about the quest you went on in this game. I remember the squirrel guy being meh, but I did like Gaius. His comments could be pretty funny.

I played Stars at launch and then played regularly for about a month or 2. I know I got burnt out on trying to do the story stuff and eventually my “playtime,” was just me logging in for the free pull and other rewards.
Can’t say I really cared about the quest you went on in this game. I remember the squirrel guy being meh, but I did like Gaius. His comments could be pretty funny.
This was pretty much me. Gameplay eventually felt like a chore so I stopped playing.

• Like 1

I had the game downloaded on my phone for quite a long time when it was first released and I think only played it maybe once or twice. The problem is I already play a few other games on my phone and Stars just couldn't hook me in the same way. About a month or so ago whenever the year anniversary was going on, I figured I would give it a shot and did play for a few days and then the shutdown announcement happened... so I figured I would just save myself the time and delete the app. It is a huge bummer because I knew people in my DQ friend group who really loved the game and played regularly, but some of them are just moving to playing on the JP server.

• Like 1

I had the game downloaded on my phone for quite a long time when it was first released and I think only played it maybe once or twice. The problem is I already play a few other games on my phone and Stars just couldn't hook me in the same way. About a month or so ago whenever the year anniversary was going on, I figured I would give it a shot and did play for a few days and then the shutdown announcement happened... so I figured I would just save myself the time and delete the app. It is a huge bummer because I knew people in my DQ friend group who really loved the game and played regularly, but some of them are just moving to playing on the JP server.
Well, Dai is coming soon. It's very similar except for the battle system to Stars. All the dress up equipment you could want all over again. The battle system is ARPG and really quite fun!

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
9 hours ago, Aphelion said:

Well, Dai is coming soon. It's very similar except for the battle system to Stars. All the dress up equipment you could want all over again. The battle system is ARPG and really quite fun!

The combat was the worst part about Stars imo. I could have gotten into the dress up stuff if I felt like there was compelling gameplay underneath.

That said, I dunno if Dai will pull me away from Tact. As I said somewhere before, I barely play Tact enough as it is and I find that game to be enjoyable.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 2:44 AM, Bluestar said:

Oh! We actually have a few of us working on this on the Dragon’s Den Discord! 
We even have a lot of assets from data mine, including the 3D character model parts, so one of our members is trying to put together a 3D printable version of his character.

You can join the Discord via the index here, or I can send you a like to our google drive where we are compiling all the information if you’d like 😁

Oh? Which Discord server is it? I'm already in quite a few DQ ones haha

I shall, thanks! See you there! 

EDIT: actually, and until I can find the link to the aforementioned Discord server I wouldn't mind a link to the Google sheet. x.x

Or maybe an invitation to the server? Whatever's easier for you :'D

Edited by Xiggy
  • Like 2