Has anyone played Phantasy Star (1987)?

I bought it for Switch and it's so addicting! The game is so quirky in terms of how it's designed. Sometimes this is annoying but most of the time I'm cool with it. Has anyone else played it?

• Like 1

I played it for a bit on a combo pack for the GBA. Can’t remember much about it. 

You should keep a log about your playtime in this thread! I’d love to read about it.

I've played a few hours of it, but never finished it.

8 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

What's a playtime log?

It’s exactly what it sounds like. You write up about your experience and post it here in this thread. Look at the Bravely Default 2/Yakuza Like a Dragon topic Platty and I have on this part of the den.

Anyway, I bought the Sega Ages version of this game on my Switch months ago but have never started it. Got it for $4 and will play it eventually.

• Like 1
I played it for a bit on a combo pack for the GBA. Can’t remember much about it. 

You should keep a log about your playtime in this thread! I’d love to read about it.
Ditto on the GBA! I played the first 2, beat them, and then somewhat lost steam on the series midway through part 3, which stinks becuase nowadays all I hear how amazing part 4 is! So if I get back to it some day, that'll be where I start.

Ditto about keeping the log here. Just post in this thread with something like: About 4 hours into the game right now. Feeling good because I'm steamrolling trash mobs with strategy X that I've been using and having weapon Y equipped on Bob here...
  • Like 1

There's a recent re-translation somewhere on Romhacking I played not too far back.

It's a rewarding title.

The original is so good! I played it a long time ago, so I don't remember much about it.  All I remember is that I didn't like 2 that much.

On 3/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, Plattym3 said:

Ditto on the GBA! I played the first 2, beat them, and then somewhat lost steam on the series midway through part 3, which stinks becuase nowadays all I hear how amazing part 4 is! So if I get back to it some day, that'll be where I start.

Ditto about keeping the log here. Just post in this thread with something like: About 4 hours into the game right now. Feeling good because I'm steamrolling trash mobs with strategy X that I've been using and having weapon Y equipped on Bob here...

The sad thing is, I’m pretty sure I completely lost the cartridge for those games.

With the way old titles are priced these days, my former lack of responsibility is really biting me in the ass.

• Like 1

Phantasy Star Log #1

So I tried to kill this Medusa in a dungeon but I need a specific item to win so I died. I also went to a town where a guy was dwelling in a dungeon and was killing animals. I also bought Odin a better gun.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Phantasy Star Log #1

So I tried to kill this Medusa in a dungeon but I need a specific item to win so I died. I also went to a town where a guy was dwelling in a dungeon and was killing animals. I also bought Odin a better gun.
Any progress?
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:
On 4/1/2021 at 7:15 PM, DragonQuest2IsGood said:
Phantasy Star Log #1

Any progress?

I've been putting it off due to lack in confidence in my ability to hit the next story trigger.

• Like 1