For the sake of this discussion, let's leave video games & people out of this.

What's some things that should've been long done with that you still use? For example, below is a picture of the shoes I wore today. I do believe I got these in the mid 90s or early 2000s, but believe 1995 is the correct one. I had them in a box for a decade and then at two different storage units before just leaving them at my parents' place in North Carolina a decade ago. I wear them 2-3 times per year and they're in good shape considering! d4154e07e9d044b9f08c2e07d1c4665e.jpg

Does this website count? ;)

• Like 2

My body

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sony radio my grams gave me in 1998 for my birthday

• Like 1

When I moved into my apartment, I basically furnished the place with furniture from the ‘90s. My couch up until a few months ago was horrifically stained with all the food I got all over it throughout my childhood. It was too short to fit a whole person who wanted to lie down comfortably so I had to get rid of it. Honestly, my coffee table might be the next casualty. It’s starting to fall apart, which is generally bad for a table to do. One of the things I was most excited to inherit was the computer desk we’ve had since the early 2000s, back when they were built to house those massive bricks we called monitors. I also took all my parents’ dishes and silverware they haven’t used in maybe 10 years, which are probably an additional 10 years old.

• Like 1

Seriously though, I still have the craftsman toolbox and tools my Dad gave me for my 16th birthday, still use them all (missing a few pieces though).

• Like 1

Not exactly OLD, but mid-2000s is close enough. It's a portable writing device. Sure you can use a laptop, but with how distracting the internet is at just a click away sometimes it's better for actual productivity to haul this thing around.66a2ea18e6ec1b14556848f0aa48be4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I still use Microsoft Office 2007. The last update came like 10 years ago, and they just dropped support for it about 3 years ago. I am very well aware of the security vulnerabilities of using such old software, but I rarely use it. I never even open up documents from the internet or anything. So I just never bothered on moving to something new. I mainly do spreadsheets over anything, and I do nearly all of that on google anyways. I should probably get around to uninstalling it. I will do so right now.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Off the top of my head, excluding video games, this:

https://www.amazon.com/Gateway-SK-9920-Multimedia-Keyboard-Silver/dp/B000KK4JHU

I still use it for a significant amount of time daily.

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Now that I've hacked it and actually play it again, does my 3DS count? emoji8.png

No vidya

• Like 1

My daughter busted a set of 10-year-old headphones a few days ago. I have another set of headphones that I bought the same day as the now broken headphones that still see heavy use. I have a pocket notebook that I have been using for 15 or so years to take notes at work (I don't take very many notes). The keyboard on my computer is from a Lenovo desktop I purchased in 2010. The matching mouse finally bit the dust last year, but the keyboard is still in great condition. My van is 16 years old. In true Ohio fashion the bottom of it is rusted to hell and I will likely be able to see through parts of the floorboards soon. Most of my MtG cards are 15 or more years old. I have some very old (approximately 20 years old) clothing that I wear infrequently. My CD collection is pretty well-aged at this point.  My bass guitar is 14 years old. Both of my electric guitars are older, but as I am not the original owner of either, I am not sure how old they are exactly. Most of my drum kit is 10 years old. Acoustic guitar is 13 years old. Dining room table is almost 30 years old. I am surrounded by old stuff, really.

• Like 2