Bravely Yakuza: Like a Default: 2 races in 1!

Still in chapter 9 of Yakuza. Decided to focus on side stories, finding the missing cats from Part Time Hero, and did a lot of the Ichiban Confections Management game. As it turns out, the Management game is intimidating at first, but I found myself getting more and more invested in it. Eventually found a good system and learned when to use payments and as of now I have the company aiming for a spot in the top 20s.

What’s most important about this Management mode though is that, by working at it, you actually can get a brand new playable character! I was super happy about this since I’ve been down to a 3 man party for awhile, so having a fourth character again has been great. So, if you play Yakuza: Like a Dragon, work on the Management game ASAP for a brand new party member!

To top it off, working at the Management game and improving the company’s ranking will earn you a lot of money to use. Money has been hard to come by normally, so it seems the way to make a lot of it is through this mode.

• Like 1
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a myriad of reasons, including the Amazon River, Christmas sales, long-ass games, tortoises & piranhas, @YangustheLegendaryBandit and I have decided we're doing a duo contest between us this y

Did a lot of grinding in the battle arena and got the party up to levels 48-49. You can get a lot of high end equipment from the lower 10 floors, so I kept running them for equipment and lots of EXP f

The battle arena has definitely been the way to go. Played for an hour tonight and got the party up to level 41-43. Kind of feels like the game REALLY should have pushed you to just do this arena inst

Posted Images

At the start of chapter 10 in Yakuza. Lots of boss fights at the end of chapter 9, the last one being the hardest since the boss loved to counter attacks of any kind. Having the optional party member really made a difference though in each fight, especially since I’ve had them work on the Dealer class. Good variety of skills from that one.

At the start of chapter 10 in Yakuza. Lots of boss fights at the end of chapter 9, the last one being the hardest since the boss loved to counter attacks of any kind. Having the optional party member really made a difference though in each fight, especially since I’ve had them work on the Dealer class. Good variety of skills from that one.
I hate the damn counter moves! I'm doing a series of boss fights in Chapter 5 and I swear they all do them. Had to really switch to more defensive jobs as it was a real problem. Also the boss HPs have climbed past 100,000. Bleh. Dear BD2, not every boss fight needs to be a marathon! I'm almost boss fight burnt out. 4 crystals, I'm assuming 4 boss fights? Made it through 3, let's see if I can get number 4 in this morning.

Make it 1-0, Platty with the early lead. I rolled credits on Bravely Default 2 tonight!

Although... maybe make it 0.75 - 0? Apparently there are better endings I can work towards in the post game. Not sure how deep I'll go there. If there's some ending that requires "max every job", I can honestly say right now, #$*! that! But there are cutscenes and stuff still going on, so I'll keep at it.

Two little complaints now for this game that's definitely a 9/10 for me:

1. I expended a TON of items on the final boss. Like many RPGs, the post game begins with the save right before the final boss fight. But guess what? All my items I used are gone. Boo!

2. I thought I was stupid not finding the complete list of sidequests somewhere in the menu. Finally Google'd it just now. Nope. It's not a thing. There's at least 96 numbered Sidequests, and no way to know which ones I've done or not.

At the start of chapter 11 in Yakuza. Got a brand new party member, learned a lot of story stuff and have worked on a lot of sidequests.

Working on Yakuza now! Started it up 2 night ago and I'm in Chapter 3, about 5 hours in. 

First chapter was good. Like a 3-hour movie. I fell asleep when my dude went to jail, so lost about 15 years of time right there. 🤣 Only snooze for about 5 mins and then woke back up for more. 

Took a shot at Chapter 2 and did that all last night. Got to do a little dungeon. Love the old man shtick with the party member complaining about his back after every fight. 

Onto Chapter 3. New city, new friend. What a bum! I think I'll go try to get a job now. 

Overall I'm liking it. Hope I don't have to wait DQ7-long to get into the job system and get to more battles! 

On to Chapter 12 of Yakuza. Boy, lots of new story information and some surprise reveals about past events.

Got Ichiban Holdings to the number 1 ranking, so now I have a lot of cash. Good thing too since the game wants me to use 3,000,000 for story reasons.

10 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Working on Yakuza now! Started it up 2 night ago and I'm in Chapter 3, about 5 hours in. 

First chapter was good. Like a 3-hour movie. I fell asleep when my dude went to jail, so lost about 15 years of time right there. 🤣 Only snooze for about 5 mins and then woke back up for more. 

Took a shot at Chapter 2 and did that all last night. Got to do a little dungeon. Love the old man shtick with the party member complaining about his back after every fight. 

Onto Chapter 3. New city, new friend. What a bum! I think I'll go try to get a job now. 

Overall I'm liking it. Hope I don't have to wait DQ7-long to get into the job system and get to more battles! 

The job system opens in chapter 5.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Well Yakuza has gotten to the “Oh #$*! you,” point. I get to Osaka in the story, do some exploring and eventually move on with the story and explore the Omi Alliance HQ. You have to sneak through, and at the end there was a battle with some enemies. Ok, fine, no problem, they were several levels above me but I still beat them quickly...

...then a boss shows up. Now, I’m not too familiar with the series, but I do recognize some of the past characters from the games thanks to seeing videos on the series before. So, I wasn’t expecting the boss to be easy. That #$*! was 15 levels above me, and I was in trouble since his normal attacks were doing 140 damage total, and that’s without guarding.

Then I thought, “Well, maybe you’re supposed to lose the fight. This boss is a legacy character, so it makes sense why there’s a power difference. Maybe losing will continue the story.” So I just tried my best and figured it was a lost cause no matter what.

Well, apparently that’s NOT THE CASE. #$*!ing got a game over, and now I’m stuck in this Osaka area at 15 levels below the boss. I don’t know if the game expects you to be mid 30s by this point or if you absolutely need to use the battle arena that opens up in Osaka in order to level up the party, but talk about a major power jump.

The one thing that’s really annoyed me with this game is the lack of consistency with giving you heads up on the level minimum. I’ve seen it a few times before dungeons, but there are just as many times the game doesn’t tell you before entering a new dungeon.

Guess I have to go and grind in that battle arena and hope for the best. I don’t mind grinding when I want to do it, but when the game expects you to do it or just flat out raises the difficulty/levels of enemies and throws you at it? That’s not cool, man. I HATE having to do forced grinding to stand a chance.

Well Yakuza has gotten to the “Oh #$*! you,” point. I get to Osaka in the story, do some exploring and eventually move on with the story and explore the Omi Alliance HQ. You have to sneak through, and at the end there was a battle with some enemies. Ok, fine, no problem, they were several levels above me but I still beat them quickly...
...then a boss shows up. Now, I’m not too familiar with the series, but I do recognize some of the past characters from the games thanks to seeing videos on the series before. So, I wasn’t expecting the boss to be easy. That #$*! was 15 levels above me, and I was in trouble since his normal attacks were doing 140 damage total, and that’s without guarding.
Then I thought, “Well, maybe you’re supposed to lose the fight. This boss is a legacy character, so it makes sense why there’s a power difference. Maybe losing will continue the story.” So I just tried my best and figured it was a lost cause no matter what.
Well, apparently that’s NOT THE CASE. #$*!ing got a game over, and now I’m stuck in this Osaka area at 15 levels below the boss. I don’t know if the game expects you to be mid 30s by this point or if you absolutely need to use the battle arena that opens up in Osaka in order to level up the party, but talk about a major power jump.
The one thing that’s really annoyed me with this game is the lack of consistency with giving you heads up on the level minimum. I’ve seen it a few times before dungeons, but there are just as many times the game doesn’t tell you before entering a new dungeon.
Guess I have to go and grind in that battle arena and hope for the best. I don’t mind grinding when I want to do it, but when the game expects you to do it or just flat out raises the difficulty/levels of enemies and throws you at it? That’s not cool, man. I HATE having to do forced grinding to stand a chance.
Our RPGamer reviewer loves the series yet gave this game a 3.5/5 because of just this. Very inconsistent spikes, especially late game.
3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Our RPGamer reviewer loves the series yet gave this game a 3.5/5 because of just this. Very inconsistent spikes, especially late game.

The crazy thing is, I’ve had boss fights where the enemies are several levels above mine. They hit harder, but you can still do quite a bit of damage to them so it’s not a huge upset or anything.

Boy, this is the first major complaint I’ve had with the game.

• Like 1

The battle arena has definitely been the way to go. Played for an hour tonight and got the party up to level 41-43. Kind of feels like the game REALLY should have pushed you to just do this arena instead of throwing you to the wolves in the Omi Alliance dungeon, but maybe that’s just hindsight or continued annoyance at that sudden difficulty spike.

The arena has given me good armor and weapons, but it’s been really boring. The game tries to implement challenges and rules per fight, but I pretty much just kept spamming Ichiban’s 200 MP skill whenever a large group of enemies was present. Usually did the trick.

• Like 2

I played for an hour last night. Somehow stumbled through Chapter 3. The thing is I was exhausted the entire time, barely remember anything, likely nodded in and out. I helped... a bar & brothel or something like that. Story-heavy plus being on PS4 doesn't work well for me and when I can play. Sucks because I'd play more. Tonight? Kids wanted a late movie, so zero progress for me.

• Like 1

Did a lot of grinding in the battle arena and got the party up to levels 48-49. You can get a lot of high end equipment from the lower 10 floors, so I kept running them for equipment and lots of EXP for levels and jobs.

Going to try and tackle the Omi Alliance dungeon and bosses again. God, I hope all this grinding will pay off so I can actually continue on with the game.

• Like 2

Didn't play Saturday night. Peeps took too long on the TV and to get to bed, soooo I started up something else.

• Like 1

Thankfully managed to beat the Omi Alliance dungeon and beat the bosses at the end. Woo-hoo! After how badly I was destroyed the first time it was much better to be on even footing and not lose half my health to a regular attack. There were some new story details revealed, explaining the actions of Ichiban’s former allies, boss Arakawa FINALLY SHOWED UP AGAIN, and now we’re off to meet up with a former top man in the Omi Alliance family. It was so nice to see Boss Arakawa again and hear good ol’ George Takei voicing him.

Got a fair bit of grinding done this morning too. After beating the Omi dungeon I’m now able to freely go back and forth between Ichinjo and Osaka, so I’ve been leveling up job classes in the battle arena. You can get a lot of money from doing the arena too, and the bonus gear and materials you can get have been nice.

So, as salty as I was the other night about being level blocked, I’m glad the battle arena exists for some level and job grinding as well as providing lots of money and new equipment.

• Like 1

I’m now on Chapter 14 of Yakuza LaD. Just...holy crap. Lots and lots and LOTS of stuff has happened in the game. I’m really curious to see what’s going to await at the end of the game.

• Like 1

I’m in chapter 15 of Yakuza! Looks the end is in sight since the game called this chapter “Finale,” instead of chapter 15.

I had to laugh how chapter 14 ended. It makes it look like Ichiban died, but then the game immediately gives you a brand new summon character as soon as the cutscene ends. Maybe should have saved that for the beginning of chapter 15 so the player gets that feeling of dread something actually did happen to Ichiban. That summon notification immediately killed any mood! 🤣

• Like 2

Finished Yakuza Like a Dragon! Very emotional ending, and I have to give Ichiban’s English voice actor credit for his work in the post final battle scenes. Shocking stuff happened before the credits rolled.

With Yakuza done and the post game now opened up, looks like I can focus on Bravely Default 2 now. Yakuza was a damn good game, I really enjoyed it. Not sure if I’ll go back and play previous games from the series, but if there are more games starting Ichiban and company going forward I’ll definitely check those games out.

• Like 2
Finished Yakuza Like a Dragon! Very emotional ending, and I have to give Ichiban’s English voice actor credit for his work in the post final battle scenes. Shocking stuff happened before the credits rolled.
With Yakuza done and the post game now opened up, looks like I can focus on Bravely Default 2 now. Yakuza was a damn good game, I really enjoyed it. Not sure if I’ll go back and play previous games from the series, but if there are more games starting Ichiban and company going forward I’ll definitely check those games out.
Congratulations!

That makes it 1-1.

On 3/31/2021 at 3:49 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Nice! How long did it take you to beat?

About 80 hours.

• Like 2