Bravely Default 2 Denizens Race!

Well, it'll be a couple days before@YangustheLegendaryBandit gets his copy, but we're doing a little staggered start here. I gave it a go this weekend as I'm going on a podcast Wednesday explicitly to talk up this game as the host is NOT a fan and what better way to celebrate their huge milestone episode but to talk about games they don't enjoy.

Suffice to say, so far this is everything I've wanted out of a JRPG since I played Ni no Kuni 2 in the fall. Really loving it. I think this is going to be a lot like Dragon Quest XI, it's not like it does anything super different or has amazing X or super duper new Y, but it does all the things I've come to expect in good JRPGs and it does them at a high level.

9/10 so far from me.

• Like 2

No idea when my copy is going to arrive, and starting this Thursday I have to work 6 days in a row. Wednesday I’ll be busy too, so if it shows up that day I don’t know when and how long I’ll get to play. We’ll see what happens.

• Like 2

The side quest system has a questionable "rank" or how difficult the quests are. I had a 5/10 difficulty one. It was to beat some random dudes outside town. Then I had a 2/10 that involved 3 trips into a much harder dungeon and back. That first one took 3 mins, the other took hours.