Cinemassacre: "Dragon Quest's Timeline - Chronologically Confused"

(A screenshot of the Dragon's Den website is shown from 0:27 - 0:32.)

Also, I'd like to give a big thank you and shout out to @Sackchief for helping James Rolfe with the video.

There are also major plot spoilers in the video, so watch at your own risk!

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

Well there's something I never thought I'd see!

• Like 1

Yeah I saw that, thanks for the cameo shot :)

I guess now he has to change his name to the Happy Video Game Nerd.

He could if he wanted to. There used to be a Happy Video Game Nerd but he rebranded to the even more unwieldy name Stop Skeletons From Fighting.

I watched this last night.  I was surprised to see James do a DQ video since he never really commented on DQ before (that I can recall anyway) but it was fun to watch.  It was cool to see the website get a little love in the video as well.  

I like a lot of his non-AJVN stuff.  It’s a bit funny that Angry Video Game Nerd made him famous but films, not games, are his true passion.  He doesn’t seem to care much for modern games and just seems to care for the games of his youth which is something I can relate to more and more.  

I'm not going to lie, I didn't expect to see this from James Rolfe. So I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a notification from Cinemassacre about this video. But I hope this doesn't turn into an ugly competition of who made Dragon Quest more popular outside of Japan.

• Like 1

Glad to see this was a video from James and not the gaggle of idiots that have taken over his channel.

There used to be a Happy Video Game Nerd but he rebranded to the even more unwieldy name Stop Skeletons From Fighting.

He (They? What happened to his wife?) make pretty good videos, but there's something about that name that makes my eye twitch.

27 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

He (They? What happened to his wife?) make pretty good videos, but there's something about that name that makes my eye twitch.

My understanding is that he’s the face of the channel and she’s the producer. He references “producer Grace” frequently and sometimes you can hear her say something off camera.

Even before this video came out, I knew he was gonna mention being able to ditch Princess Gwaelin if he did a video about Dragon Quest. It's the exact kind of thing he would joke about.

10 hours ago, Bob_the_Almighty said:

I watched this last night.  I was surprised to see James do a DQ video since he never really commented on DQ before (that I can recall anyway) 

In his Zelda II video, he uses footage of Dragon Warrior when talking about random encounters in that game.

4:33

I think there's a Dragon Warrior cart in the background in another video but I do not remember which.

18 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

Even before this video came out, I knew he was gonna mention being able to ditch Princess Gwaelin if he did a video about Dragon Quest. It's the exact kind of thing he would joke about.

In his Zelda II video, he uses footage of Dragon Warrior when talking about random encounters in that game.

4:33

I think there's a Dragon Warrior cart in the background in another video but I do not remember which.

I recall that now that you mention it.  Still prior to this I don't think he's ever gone into much detail regarding Dragon Warrior/Quest.  I don't think he was much of a RPG guy.  He mentions Final Fantasy 6 more than anything (and often calling it Final Fantasy 3 still lol) and occasionally says something about the other Squaresoft SNES games (Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG) or Earthbound.  Seems like Castlevania, Mega Man, Contra, TMNT, and Ninja Gaiden where the non-Nintendo games he seems the most familiar with.  To be fair those were like the main NES games for a most people (outside Mario and Zelda obviously).

Edited by Bob_the_Almighty
On 2/5/2021 at 10:09 AM, Dakhil said:

I'm not going to lie, I didn't expect to see this from James Rolfe. So I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a notification from Cinemassacre about this video. But I hope this doesn't turn into an ugly competition of who made Dragon Quest more popular outside of Japan.

Seth Green made it popular.

• Like 1

I wonder if Seth Green even remembers doing those commercials...🤔

• Like 1