Dragon Quest V Wives  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which one is your favorite?

Debora. She is both visually and mechanically my preferred wife in DQV.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can’t say that I have a preference amongst the 3. I’ve replayed through the game enough to try out all three and honestly I didn’t notice a huge difference.

If I had to pick I guess I would pick Nera, mainly because I find it funny some of her party chat is VERY suggestive on what she and the protagonist could be doing (if you know what I mean) and I enjoyed playing as her in Dragon Quest Heroes 1 since she can be one of the strongest party members.

Spoiler

But really, we all know the true answer is Mr. Briscoletti. I mean, the game even outright refuses to let you marry him, that’s how much it knows you want to pick him instead.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Deborah for the progression of her love and respect for the hero. From sleeping on the carpet to bashing some demons' head with her family. That's true life goal there. 

Plus, out of the three, I think she's the only who doesn't find happiness if you don't marry her. 

• Like 2
Can’t say that I have a preference amongst the 3. I’ve replayed through the game enough to try out all three and honestly I didn’t notice a huge difference.
If I had to pick I guess I would pick Nera, mainly because I find it funny some of her party chat is VERY suggestive on what she and the protagonist could be doing (if you know what I mean) and I enjoyed playing as her in Dragon Quest Heroes 1 since she can be one of the strongest party members.

Spoiler

But really, we all know the true answer is Mr. Briscoletti. I mean, the game even outright refuses to let you marry him, that’s how much it knows you want to pick him instead.

What, Nera? You can't pick Nera!

Do you even know where you are!?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

What, Nera? You can't pick Nera!

Do you even know where you are!?

spacer.png

I pick rich young girl with the nice personality over aggressive rich girl and one-time, ghost-hunting childhood acquaintance.

ghost.jpg

• Like 2

I like Debora the best.  She is hilarious and I think has the best character growth with the hero.  I like how over time she changes and begins to truly love the hero and becomes respectful instead of being a spoiled brat.  There’s a lot of good moments with her.  She is by far the best choice for the DS/mobile version.  

I go with Bianca while playing the SNES or PS2 version.  She seems like the “canon” choice since they were so close as kids.  I always feel bad for Nera though.  It’s hard to break her heart but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Bob_the_Almighty said:

I always feel bad for Nera though.  It’s hard to break her heart but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

It's all good. Crispin/Andy is there to pick up the pieces.

17 hours ago, GrandAlchemist said:

It's all good. Crispin/Andy is there to pick up the pieces.

Yeah that always makes me feel better lol.  I’m playing the PS2 version right now and I think I’ll go with Nera just for a change of pace. 

I do really like how different all three are.  Each potential wife is unique and has her own personality traits.  I still love Debora because she is absolutely hilarious.  Bianca is sweet and Nera can get suggestive.  All three are awesome in my book.  The wives are one of the reasons why DQ 5 remains my overall favorite DQ and one of my top three JRPGs. 

Seeing Bianca and Nera in DQ Heroes was awesome.  Wish Debora had showed up to complete the trifecta.

I picked Debora because she can use the Gringham Whip, and I think her strength is higher than the others? I mostly compared their stats and spells on a table before choosing. That was years ago, though. All I remember is that she seemed better suited to my battle style.

I'm glad I chose her, because Debora did make me laugh out loud at some points.

With all that said, I am tempted to pick Bianca so my son can be a super Saiyan.

image.jpeg.0884fe082f117c8251eba40600c6dcd1.jpeg

Edited by Wes