Hi guys: Trading Dragon Quest CCG

So recently I bought a whole bunch of Dragon quest cards from Japan (I live in the United States) and I havent been able to find any forums to trade with people, I wondered if anyone here would trade, or knew of a place to go to besides Japan :)

Been a huge fan oif the series since I got my first game with Nintendo power, and I'm currently in talk with Square Enix to allow me to put Dragon Quest Easter eggs in my books! Nice to meet everyone.  

• Like 1

I do not, @chichi but he hasn't been active since March, he had a bunch of the cards and sent me scans of a bunch of what he had.

https://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqtcg01/monstercards.php?tp=monster

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

While I have no cards to trade, that's awesome that you're looking to put some DQ love into your books.  What kind of books do you write?

Hey thanks man! I write low fantasy with elements of comedy to it. If you like that sort of stuff, check out my website, my prologue is up.  www.theeighthrenewal.com    Like I said before I'm gonna try and slip some dragon quest easter eggs into the writing, hopefully Squeenix doesn't object! 😬

1 hour ago, Woodus said:

I do not, @chichi but he hasn't been active since March, he had a bunch of the cards and sent me scans of a bunch of what he had.

https://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqtcg01/monstercards.php?tp=monster

Thanks! wlll check it out

The series is called Minotaur and Maidens and the author’s name is Michael Smulkowski(me).  I have a ton of stuff on there but the best is probably Great Tower Story(Also known as Enter Thorndale) and Star Vector 2-4.  They are mostly short stories although I have a novelette on there.

19 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Maybe I'll buy some so we can trade!

Where do you order from?

I’ve been going on eBay honestly. No idea if I’m getting ripped off or not 😂. I’ve been buying boxes from Japan. From what I’ve gathered between here and other places there’s about 7 expansions or so. Since I’m not really playing the game, cause it’s all in Japanese I’m mostly buying for the pictures

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DannyAIC said:

I’ve been going on eBay honestly. No idea if I’m getting ripped off or not 😂. I’ve been buying boxes from Japan. From what I’ve gathered between here and other places there’s about 7 expansions or so. Since I’m not really playing the game, cause it’s all in Japanese I’m mostly buying for the pictures

Yeah I’m all about just collecting. I’ll have to give EBay a look.

18 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Yeah I’m all about just collecting. I’ll have to give EBay a look.

Make sure you don’t buy starter packs buy the boxes of boosters if you’re going to. Starter packs give loke 30-40 cards are pretty expensive and you’ll get a ton of doubles

12 hours ago, DannyAIC said:

Make sure you don’t buy starter packs buy the boxes of boosters if you’re going to. Starter packs give loke 30-40 cards are pretty expensive and you’ll get a ton of doubles

So, I'm looking at Ebay. Looks like there are newer Heroes cards and the older monsters cards. Which do you have?

6 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

So, I'm looking at Ebay. Looks like there are newer Heroes cards and the older monsters cards. Which do you have?

I bought a box of DQV, DQVI, DQJEROES, one of the main sets, (a white box I think it’s called helper?), and a starter for DQX. I’ll have tons to trade from all those except DQX

51 minutes ago, DannyAIC said:

I bought a box of DQV, DQVI, DQJEROES, one of the main sets, (a white box I think it’s called helper?), and a starter for DQX. I’ll have tons to trade from all those except DQX

If you don't mind my asking, what were your price-points on those?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 5:01 PM, DannyAIC said:

I got the DQ HEROES and Dq help icon one for 70 each. The others were more expensive like 100 each

Alright! I just got 3 DQ heroes boosters in the Mail. I’ll probably open them tonight or tomorrow. I’ll post my pulls ASAP.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Alright! I just got 3 DQ heroes boosters in the Mail. I’ll probably open them tonight or tomorrow. I’ll post my pulls ASAP.

Nice! I’m supposed to be getting some in the mail too but they haven’t come yet. 

I actually have extra boxes of dragon warrior 7 cards (not the same back as the heroes ones) and an extra box of the ones I think they call it the help box?) in case anyone is interested. Just looking to make some of the money back on them and then we might be able to trade if we have cards from those sets the other needs.

15FE484D-159D-4618-881C-9F1B18BDF3EE.jpeg

5D5C89A4-31AC-4AAA-93AE-8DFC9401D593.jpeg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DannyAIC said:

Nice! I’m supposed to be getting some in the mail too but they haven’t come yet. 

I actually have extra boxes of dragon warrior 7 cards (not the same back as the heroes ones) and an extra box of the ones I think they call it the help box?) in case anyone is interested. Just looking to make some of the money back on them and then we might be able to trade if we have cards from those sets the other needs.

15FE484D-159D-4618-881C-9F1B18BDF3EE.jpeg

5D5C89A4-31AC-4AAA-93AE-8DFC9401D593.jpeg

I’ll PM you about these.

11 hours ago, DannyAIC said:

Enjoy man!

Will do!

Do you know anything about the ups and downs of the value associated with these bad boys? I was considering keeping some of them sealed.

5 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Will do!

Do you know anything about the ups and downs of the value associated with these bad boys? I was considering keeping some of them sealed.

I’m sure in Japan certain cards are worth more than others and certain packs but I’ve found almost no market or community for it here in the states. There are certain cards that are rarer than others but I don’t know about packs or anything

19 hours ago, DannyAIC said:

I’m sure in Japan certain cards are worth more than others and certain packs but I’ve found almost no market or community for it here in the states. There are certain cards that are rarer than others but I don’t know about packs or anything

Cool. I’ll do some research. If and when I open them, I’ll post my pulls here.

• Like 1