[GBC]Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Cobi/Tara Monster and Skill Editors

Hey, guys. I've been a long time lurker on this site but I finally decided to post what I've created for my favorite Dragon Quest/Warrior games!

I've created  2 editors to edit monsters and skills for Dragon Warrior Monsters: Cobi's Journey/Tara's Adventure for the Gameboy Color! I'm not even sure how relevant this is anymore, but I decided to post it anyway.

Here's some screenshots of the programs:

Spoiler

43wFewF.png

l8PJF7G.png

l5zkkPp.png

e4Y9Ux2.png

And here are the changes I made to Slime in game:

Spoiler

B4O3qPQ.png

hNa1LXj.png

5OD47rz.png

p980Yyv.png

7iN6Ys1.png

seyYugk.png

I hope that the few of you that still play this game enjoy this program as much as I enjoyed making it! I probably won't add any features unless something that is suggested is REALLY good, but if you encounter any bugs or anything, let me know on here and I'll do my best to fix them. These are the first releases of these programs so make sure you make a backup of your ROM.

Make sure you read the included readme files before asking any questions about using the program!

DWM2-Editors.zip

Edited by ExitWound
  • Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 2:27 PM, ExitWound said:

Hey, guys. I've been a long time lurker on this site but I finally decided to post what I've created for my favorite Dragon Quest/Warrior games!

I've created  2 editors to edit monsters and skills for Dragon Warrior Monsters: Cobi's Journey/Tara's Adventure for the Gameboy Color! I'm not even sure how relevant this is anymore, but I decided to post it anyway.

Here's some screenshots of the programs:

Reveal hidden contents

And here are the changes I made to Slime in game:

Reveal hidden contents

I hope that the few of you that still play this game enjoy this program as much as I enjoyed making it! I probably won't add any features unless something that is suggested is REALLY good, but if you encounter any bugs or anything, let me know on here and I'll do my best to fix them. These are the first releases of these programs so make sure you make a backup of your ROM.

Make sure you read the included readme files before asking any questions about using the program!

DWM2-Editors.zip 57 kB · 3 downloads

Forgot to ask, can I add this to the DWM2 section?

1:

Can you change the Lord Keys to make monsters tameable? And/or make the super rares appear? (Iirc, the 4 star monsters don't show up. This means one from each regular family like DarkMate and GranSlime, as well as half the Lords, and the three Ultra rares)

2:

Can you make Dimensaur, Lamia, and the other monster available? There was a rumor that you could get them from Wonder Eggs, but I've never seen that actually confirmed; it may have been one of those "Catch Mew" rumors that were so rampant in the GBC monster catching era.

On 12/9/2020 at 7:25 PM, The Lone Capsichum said:

Whoa! This is exactly what I've been wanting! Are you able to edit anything else beyond stats and abilities?

Probably. I know there's a way to change keys and breed paths, but I haven't looked into it.

19 hours ago, Woodus said:

Forgot to ask, can I add this to the DWM2 section?

Of course.

16 hours ago, Wes said:

1:

Can you change the Lord Keys to make monsters tameable? And/or make the super rares appear? (Iirc, the 4 star monsters don't show up. This means one from each regular family like DarkMate and GranSlime, as well as half the Lords, and the three Ultra rares)

2:

Can you make Dimensaur, Lamia, and the other monster available? There was a rumor that you could get them from Wonder Eggs, but I've never seen that actually confirmed; it may have been one of those "Catch Mew" rumors that were so rampant in the GBC monster catching era.

1: Again, I know that there's a way to change keys and what monsters appear at what keys, but I haven't looked into it and I don't know if I plan to. I may one day, but I never really cared to edit the keys because I thought they were fine as they are.

2: Pretty sure those are event-only monsters, which means there's no way to get them anymore other than gameshark. However, I know there's a way to change breeding paths and make them able to be bred for, I just haven't looked into that yet.

If I get that coding itch again, I may look into how to change breeding paths. I'll probably combine it with the monster editor, honestly, so people wouldn't have to download 3 different programs for editing.

• Like 1
On 12/12/2020 at 2:49 AM, ExitWound said:

Of course.

Thank you, I have created a new page and added your screenshots, the link to this post and to the download.

https://www.woodus.com/den/games/dwm2gbc/editors.php

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...