If you could have one Unlocalized Dragon Quest game be localized in 2020 which game would it be?

DQM3, Caravan Hearts. It wasn't as good as DWM1 or 2, but I'm a sucker for the Monsters series.

I realized while typing that that I also need to add Joker 3 as well

• Like 1

In before someone says Dragon Quest X.

5 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Monster's Joker 3 and Monster Joker 2 Professional

I'll add in Dragon Quest X for my second most, as Erdrick and Aust made a ton of convincing arguments why I need to reconsider the game.

2 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

3 on the SNES. I've played a bit of the rom and found a listing on Ebay for a patched cartridge.

The Mobil DQ3 is the SNES version minus the monster animations.  Does the Switch version have monster animations?

25 minutes ago, Slimeknight said:

The Mobil DQ3 is the SNES version minus the monster animations.  Does the Switch version have monster animations?

No, the current mobile version is based on a previous mobile version of DQ3 that was released in Japan. It uses the Super Famicom version for visuals, but it lacks the Pachisi/T’n’T boards, monster animations, the opening cutscene involving Ortega’s journey, several cutscenes no longer have certain visual effects such as Zoma’s figure no longer appearing in Aliahan Castle after Baramos’ defeat...I could go on, but you get the point. There are a lot of changes.

The Switch version is based on the current mobile version, just with some improved artwork for the characters and monster sprites. Nothing was changed content wise between the mobile version and Switch version.

This doesn't really count as "unlocalized," but I'm kind of disappointed that the DQ Heroes games haven't been released on Switch outside of Japan. That being said, my brother recently got a PS5, and I decided to just piggyback off of it for PS4 games.

In terms of actually unlocalized games, I guess I'd pick the GBA Slime Morimori game, since it's the only untranslated entry in that spinoff series.

• Like 1