Dai's Infinity Strash gets Australian Trademark

Wow! I really wasn't expecting an English release. We still don't know what platform it will even be on. Though I would not be surprised if it is coming to the PS5. I hope this means that the anime is getting enough viewers for them.

• Like 1
Wow! I really wasn't expecting an English release. We still don't know what platform it will even be on. Though I would not be surprised if it is coming to the PS5. I hope this means that the anime is getting enough viewers for them.
I'll call it right now: PC, Xbox, PS4/5 simultaneous release.

The dream would be Switch, but I'm thinking this is more a PC/home console one.

Yeah, Switch would make me the happiest, at least I have a PS4 if it comes to it. I was thinking about the same as you on it though.

• Like 1

Switch would be good for me, but I'd prefer PC for this type of game, personally.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On 11/15/2020 at 4:02 PM, Plattym3 said:

I'll call it right now: PC, Xbox, PS4/5 simultaneous release.

The dream would be Switch, but I'm thinking this is more a PC/home console one.

Switch *is* a home console. People gotta stop acting like it isn't and demand publishers put their games on the system.

Despite what publishers would like you to believe, there are very few games that would *not* work on the Switch. They are just too lazy/cheap to put the effort in. Unless it's a very heavy simulation or something, you just have to reduce the quality of the graphical assets, and maybe optimize parts of the code for ARM chipsets (which are very common to develop for as they are in most if not every single smartphone that exists, as well as countless other things). 

I'm not saying porting is easy or even that I could do it. I'm saying that a company with the resources to port a game from one system to another already has the ability to port to Switch. 

This all said, Switch controllers have so much latency, I wouldn't want to play an action game on it unless I was still doing a *lot* of travelling and using my PS4 was not feasible.

Switch *is* a home console. People gotta stop acting like it isn't and demand publishers put their games on the system.

Despite what publishers would like you to believe, there are very few games that would *not* work on the Switch. They are just too lazy/cheap to put the effort in. Unless it's a very heavy simulation or something, you just have to reduce the quality of the graphical assets, and maybe optimize parts of the code for ARM chipsets (which are very common to develop for as they are in most if not every single smartphone that exists, as well as countless other things). 

I'm not saying porting is easy or even that I could do it. I'm saying that a company with the resources to port a game from one system to another already has the ability to port to Switch. 

This all said, Switch controllers have so much latency, I wouldn't want to play an action game on it unless I was still doing a *lot* of travelling and using my PS4 was not feasible.
Sorry. You'd know more than me. I just read stuff like https://www.npr.org/2020/11/19/936398340/its-not-easy-porting-games-to-the-nintendo-switch-but-developers-do-it-anyhow where people say it's hard. I play non-AAA titles 90% of my year so when small guys say it's hard, that's all I know.

Hmm? I certainly consider the Switch to be a console. It is the only one I use daily. Just feels like if they were planning on releasing it on the Switch they would have not held off in announcing what console it would be on.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Mimas said:

Hmm? I certainly consider the Switch to be a console. It is the only one I use daily. Just feels like if they were planning on releasing it on the Switch they would have not held off in announcing what console it would be on.

Didn't they announce Switch Heroes 1+2 and Builders 1 and then 2 after their initial PS4 releases?  I think only DQ11 has seen an early announcement around the same time (and incidentally was the first game ever announced for the system, and the first time the system was unofficially confirmed).

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I love how my careless I-don't-give-a-crap use of language has spurred such debate. emoji23.pngemoji849.png

You always have to cause such a commotion, don’t you Platty? 🤣

You always have to cause such a commotion, don’t you Platty?
I mean, I don't HAVE to. But sometimes "it's fine if fewer video games are released becuase my backlog is enough for years" happens.
15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
49 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
You always have to cause such a commotion, don’t you Platty? emoji1787.png

But sometimes "it's fine if fewer video games are released becuase my backlog is enough for years" happens.

Better be careful saying stuff like that. Santa Slime may put on the naughty list and not bring you any new DQ games if you keep it up. 🤣

• Like 1