Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys. I'm doing a second run through DQ3. Currently at Romaria just grinding out gold and EXP. Most of the crew is at level 10. I have a couple questions. Last time I made it all the way to Xenlon, but knew my squad wasn't ready for her (all level 50s, Erdrick close to 60), so was gonna grind out, but got stuck. Best thing I could really grind out was LMS near Rimuldar. What's the best endgame grinding location? Also I'm playing on the ported Android/iOS version, so I know they removed Treasures n' Trapdoors due to compatibility issues. Am I really missing out on anything without it being there? I plan to try the GBC version at some point so I can due the monster medal thing, get to the Ice Cave, and fight GranDragon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AzureZoa said:

I plan to try the GBC version at some point so I can due the monster medal thing, get to the Ice Cave, and fight GranDragon.

I hope your prepared for a hell of a lot of grinding to get bronze, silver, and gold medals for every single monster in the game so you can actually reach GranDragon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rimuldar is probably the best place to grind. The best way is to have at least one character that knows BeDragon. Cast BeDragon with 1 or 2 characters, and the other 2 or 3 cast SpeedUp.

The Dragon form gets its agility set to a specific value. I'm not sure what its agility becomes, but its well below 255. So, you're hoping that your character casts BeDragon, then your other characters casts SpeedUp. Otherwise, the LMS are guaranteed to get two turns off before you actually breathe fire.

Also, remember that whips and boomerangs don't crit. So make sure you don't have them equipped if you're trying to kill them with random crits.

 

Otherwise, I use Zoma's castle, or the Zenith dungeons. Zoma's castle has lots of Dragons and Balrogs and stuff that give good exp.

  

9 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I hope your prepared for a hell of a lot of grinding to get bronze, silver, and gold medals for every single monster in the game so you can actually reach GranDragon.

Yep. I've reached GranDragon twice, but I used two or three save files to actually get it. Ran a regular game, and Amazon game (girls only), and a solo game. I still had to specifically grind for some of the medals.

 

Oh, I've only played the GBC version.

Edited by Wes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I highly recommend just using the code King Zenith provided on the main site's DQ3 GBC page.  The grinding can take months.  Plus the RNG is very often unfavourable, as in you can get maybe 10 Bronze before getting 1 Silver, let alone you could still get another 10~20 Bronze before finding a Gold.  Generally it's 5~10 Bronze per 2 Silver per 1 Gold, but it's the ones that just refuse to drop that get ya.

At least you're just aiming to unlock the map in full.  So hopefully it'll take you a few weeks to a month.  Good luck!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Honestly, I highly recommend just using the code King Zenith provided on the main site's DQ3 GBC page.  The grinding can take months.  Plus the RNG is very often unfavourable, as in you can get maybe 10 Bronze before getting 1 Silver, let alone you could still get another 10~20 Bronze before finding a Gold.  Generally it's 5~10 Bronze per 2 Silver per 1 Gold, but it's the ones that just refuse to drop that get ya.

At least you're just aiming to unlock the map in full.  So hopefully it'll take you a few weeks to a month.  Good luck!

But keep in mind what the medals actually do.

Bronze 1-155: unlocks section two of bonus dungeon (Section one is from the Divinegon wish)

Silver 1-155: unlocks final area of the bonus dungeon. You can now fight GranDragon (You can also trade 2 bronze for a silver to help reach this goal)

Gold 1-155: Apparently, GranDragon goes to sleep and will no longer fight you. (I think King Zenith posted a picture of this years ago.

So, in essence, you need to collect 2 bronze medals each 1-155.

Strangely, medals 156-165 have no effect on unlocking areas two and three. If you have 154 of the first medals, and a few of medals 156-165, the old man will not let you through.

 

Admittedly, grinding two of each medal is still a chore, and you'll definitely want to use Divinegon's wishes to get his three sets of rare medals. But, at least you don't need gold to fight GranDragon

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh just to clarify, I'm not playing the GBC version as of yet. That's down the line like I mentioned. Right now I'm playing on the Switch version, which is the ported iOS/Android versions. I've read up on GranDragon quite a bit already, so I know how he works.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...