Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Cobi and Tara's Marvelous Mysterious Key Translation Currently Ongoing

So, the translation for DQ Monsters 2 on 3DS is picked up again and things are looking pretty good. If you know Japanese or have free time, please help them. The project is at 0.3 version as of now and it seems like they've made progress with the issue the previous team had.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-dragon-quest-monsters-2-cobi-and-taras-marvelous-mysterious-key-wip-v0-3.573054/

• Like 2
So, the translation for DQ Monsters 2 on 3DS is picked up again and things are looking pretty good. If you know Japanese or have free time, please help them. The project is at 0.3 version as of now and it seems like they've made progress with the issue the previous team had.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-dragon-quest-monsters-2-cobi-and-taras-marvelous-mysterious-key-wip-v0-3.573054/
Been following this closely on their Discord. It's going quite well, yes.
  • Like 1

If this succeeds, it'll be pretty much just Dragon Quest X that's not localized in any way. Out of the big games, I mean. I know there's a few more here and there but I mean only the big ones. Hopefully they haven't abandoned the idea for offline version. I think they might be taking their time because FF XI could use an offline version, too. There was some talk about the mobile version, so maybe that will lead to something...

2 hours ago, ShonenKokoro said:

If this succeeds, it'll be pretty much just Dragon Quest X that's not localized in any way. Out of the big games, I mean. I know there's a few more here and there but I mean only the big ones. Hopefully they haven't abandoned the idea for offline version. I think they might be taking their time because FF XI could use an offline version, too. There was some talk about the mobile version, so maybe that will lead to something...

There are a couple people working on the offline version here on the Den.  As for officallly, I think that was a dumb thing for the producers to say because I bet it never happens.  Which sucks.  I enjoyed my time with V1.0 of DQX.  Wish I could've done more than just beat it, but that's all my little brain could handle!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

There are a couple people working on the offline version here on the Den.  As for officallly, I think that was a dumb thing for the producers to say because I bet it never happens.  Which sucks.  I enjoyed my time with V1.0 of DQX.  Wish I could've done more than just beat it, but that's all my little brain could handle!

Oh, so someone is still working on the offline version? I thought it was turned off. Interesting. I hope it'll succeed. I wish the translators were more open to receiving donations. I don't have much money but I could try to 30-50$ to support the translation of my favorite games, especially if it's done by someone who has good credits (like the people who translated Slime Mori 3).

Yeah, I doubt it would happen, too. MMORPG just feel very lonely if you play them without people running around, especially bigger MMO. I honeslty can't imagine FF XIV without all the different characters that are controlled by people, especially considering how big it is. I could see both FF XIV (and XI) and DQ X working offline IF the developers were to add a lot of NPC characters, maybe with some dialogue, add more side-quests... but that's obviously a lot of work and resources which Square would rather spend on another Just Cause or Avengers. But we'll see, maybe something happens... 

That said, XIV and DQ X are quite similar. I think DQ X is like the middle ground between FF XI and XIV - it's not quite as old and archaic as FF XI but it's also not as modern as FF XIV. As a fan of DQ, I know I would want to play X but I also know FF XIV is much better as an MMORPG experience... and the Dragon Quest part, battles - all of it is in XI and better, actually. So, it's not all grim :D 

Edited by ShonenKokoro
Oh, so someone is still working on the offline version? I thought it was turned off. Interesting. I hope it'll succeed. I wish the translators were more open to receiving donations. I don't have much money but I could try to 30-50$ to support the translation of my favorite games, especially if it's done by someone who has good credits (like the people who translated Slime Mori 3).
Yeah, I doubt it would happen, too. MMORPG just feel very lonely if you play them without people running around, especially bigger MMO. I honeslty can't imagine FF XIV without all the different characters that are controlled by people, especially considering how big it is. I could see both FF XIV (and XI) and DQ X working offline IF the developers were to add a lot of NPC characters, maybe with some dialogue, add more side-quests... but that's obviously a lot of work and resources which Square would rather spend on another Just Cause or Avengers. But we'll see, maybe something happens... 

That said, XIV and DQ X are quite similar. I think DQ X is like the middle ground between FF XI and XIV - it's not quite as old and archaic as FF XI but it's also not as modern as FF XIV. As a fan of DQ, I know I would want to play X but I also know FF XIV is much better as an MMORPG experience... and the Dragon Quest part, battles - all of it is in XI and better, actually. So, it's not all grim  
There's a topic in the Dragon Quest 10 part of the den titled what if. You can read about the offline thing there

I tried to tag you, but apparently it did not work

• Like 1