Error Posting Lengthy Direct Messages

Hi, Woodus.

Earlier today I tried sending a direct message and got a failed reply error. Just checking in to see if there are any established limits on response length or whether this might have been too much for the server at once. There was nothing in the browser console that seemed especially useful.

image.thumb.png.e2d8c3d29705367d04ba303cddc61089.png

I don't think it is length, I think it is word combinations or posting of some links, @ignasia had something similar with the wort SET (if I am remembering correctly) the security mod on this webserver can be very picky sometimes. If you can find what will replicate it I can try to generate the error and send in the error logs and see if they can remove that rule.

Yeah, I rewrote my message on gameFAQs, then reposted it piecemeal here until I found the word "SET" in lowercase, which was the only word that was an issue.  Not even the way it was worded, but the word itself for some reason (as I tried it another way).  It's a pain, but @Brother Jaybird if you just save the edits as you go, you'll find it.

i would like to set this up

testing with set, not sure if it was some context thing or not, set set set

This caused it to fail (without the extra spaces) s e t  t h i s e q u a l t o t h a t

@ignasia, @Woodus it sounds like the forum has bad (maybe just iffy) text handling. I don't know what database the forum is running on, but SET is a command in SQL (and other languages) that is used to, say, update values in a database, so it sounds an awful lot like sometimes the forum misreads "Set" as a database or other programming language command.

I will see about trying to reproduce the error.

Edited by Brother Jaybird

It is a version of MySQL, but I think it is more the mod-security module that they have running that is stopping certian things, after the last update they did to that module we couldn't embed videos and such anymore until I sent them the error log pertaining to what was happening.