Goo aftergoo! *slurp*

I'm here to let goo know about a challenge run I will be attempting in the following days.

Ever wonder what slimy slick shenanigans a goo-man can get to using only a team of three slimes?

These ain't no regoolar slimes either. (Or rather, they are.) As I will only be using the regular, blue variant of slime found all over Infant Isle.

The drools and objectives are simple:

1. Complete the Joker games using exclusively "Slime" monsters, this means blue, teardrop shaped slimes. No behemoths, cureslimes, or king slimes either.

2. Only synthesize if the result is Slime, or in the case of J2: Slime, Slime X, and Slime XY, as these are essentially early implementations of the rank up system from J3, and are challenging enough to acquire anyway. This means we need the Phoenix Sceptre as fast as possible in order to get new skills.

3. You may scout other monsters, but may never use them in battle, and may only synthesize to acquire new skills for your slimes.

4. The challenge ends once

Spoiler

Estark is defeated in J1 and Rigor Mortex is defeated in J2

This means completing the final challenge of the game using only 3 slimes.

I'm not doing J3 as I do not own a 3DS, but whatever is the final challenge there would be required for completion.

I will be updating this thread with progress any time I get the chance, and I might try recording the major fights.

BONUS Challenges:

1. Defeat Dr. Snap's first gauntlet using only your 3 slimes.

2. Obtain Slime X or XY as soon as you unlock Dr. Lump.

I will be attempting these as well but won't make any promises.

DEFEATED BOSSES: J1Screenshot_20201128-123144.thumb.png.39d11981100cae959abef52c07db26bb.pngScreenshot_20201201-070813.thumb.png.15a88c955f412633a1f2e305cf97311e.pngScreenshot_20201201-171612.thumb.png.cc21590c4c1a9e0b4ed42c72071f0ff8.png

Let's goo!

Edited by Mu7e
boss list
  • Like 2

It has begoon

I selected mischievous mole and immediately used him to scout the first slime. My mission now is clear, level up as fast as I can and invest into attack boost, hopefully grabbing more slimes along the way.

Screenshot_20201028-160813.png

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

No screenshot today but I am updating:

The grind is obviously real, and I don't always have time. By this point, I have gotten 3 slimes to Lv5, and will be using these 3 as-is unless I hit a wall, or until I reach the Phoenix Sceptre in Palaish.

Let's Goo!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Orc took lots of turns! Taking roughly 6-10 damage per hit. I grabbed the 2 available seeds of skill and buffed up my hitter's attack stat, grabbing me about +1 extra damage per hit.

Screenshot_20201128-123144.png

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

So how far in are you now?

Just hit a huge wall, Golem is kicking my butt, one shotting my healer. Plan is to grind to like Lv21 or something so I can bolster my stats, supplemented by the skill seeds in Xeroph

NOTE! Anyone attempting this challenge needs to remember you are stuck in Xeroph after the Orc fight until you beat Golem.I didn't know this so I am now on extra hard lol

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Mu7e said:

Just hit a huge wall, Golem is kicking my butt, one shotting my healer. Plan is to grind to like Lv21 or something so I can bolster my stats, supplemented by the skill seeds in Xeroph

NOTE! Anyone attempting this challenge needs to remember you are stuck in Xeroph after the Orc fight until you beat Golem.I didn't know this so I am now on extra hard lol

Update, all my boys are at Lv16, decent HP going on, about 60~50hp but MP is pretty limited.

Reminder none of these slimes are synth'd yet, that has to wait until Palaish. Got Iron Lances and equipped Sacred Lance, getting my team a very significant power boost.

I'm coming for you Golem!!

8 hours ago, Mu7e said:

Update, all my boys are at Lv16, decent HP going on, about 60~50hp but MP is pretty limited.

Reminder none of these slimes are synth'd yet, that has to wait until Palaish. Got Iron Lances and equipped Sacred Lance, getting my team a very significant power boost.

I'm coming for you Golem!!

And Golem is dead! It was a pretty easy once the gooey boys didn't die in one hit.

Phoenix Sceptre is coming soon.

Screenshot_20201201-070813.png

WOOOHOOO

So accidentally uploaded the images out of order but this is huge progress.

I grinded like HECK and got all my boys to Lv17~20, with lots of investment into their offensive stats and abilities.

MOOSIFER IS NO MORE

he can be a real run stopper, with his powerful Psych Up Boom's, but the consistent damage dealt by my boys made short work of him, I only needed to heal once halfway into the battle.

This is usually a sign of things to come, the easier Moosifer is the more confident you can be in the next few segments. Though if I want to accomplish the Bonus challenge, I still have some grinding to do.

See you guys soon B)

Screenshot_20201201-171734.png

Screenshot_20201201-171730.png

Screenshot_20201201-171724.png

Screenshot_20201201-171612.png

• Like 1