Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional English patch

Eiz

Hi! Long time lurker here.

I've been working on a project where people can contribute to bounties for stuff they would like to see get done. In my case, I'm really looking forward to this game's complete translation, so I've created a bounty. You can find it here.

Anyone can contribute to the prize, and when someone finishes the translation, they can claim it.

Cheers!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A complete translation of all the text from Joker 3 Pro has leaked online. Apparently it was done years ago by a member of the team that translated the main game. It was finished before the Joker 3 translation was actually released. The rest of the team just had no interest in actually releasing it for some strange reason. Maybe this could be added instead of the machine translation? https://www86.zippyshare.com/v/gyzUHrfX/file.html

That's definitely interesting, but I do have questions about how polished it is. I'll see what the DQ Translations discord has to say about it.

Apparently there was some sort of disagreement  between the translator and the discord guys. Not sure exactly what, but some sort of bad blood there.

4 minutes ago, Antimony said:

Apparently there was some sort of disagreement  between the translator and the discord guys. Not sure exactly what, but some sort of bad blood there.

Do you know a way to get that patch?  I ask because Im having troubles getting this one since it seems as though I got it a slightly different way than at the beginning of this thread.  Its hard to explain as Im not tech savvy but the methods for me playing seem to be a bit different.  Im playing joker 3 on pc

11 hours ago, Zetsuei said:

Do you know a way to get that patch?  I ask because Im having troubles getting this one since it seems as though I got it a slightly different way than at the beginning of this thread.  Its hard to explain as Im not tech savvy but the methods for me playing seem to be a bit different.  Im playing joker 3 on pc

You mean the non-pro Joker 3 translation? https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3.492313/

On 5/27/2021 at 4:51 PM, Antimony said:

A complete translation of all the text from Joker 3 Pro has leaked online. Apparently it was done years ago by a member of the team that translated the main game. It was finished before the Joker 3 translation was actually released. The rest of the team just had no interest in actually releasing it for some strange reason. Maybe this could be added instead of the machine translation? https://www86.zippyshare.com/v/gyzUHrfX/file.html

I did a quick update from this, replacing the entire translation. Check OP for patch. Not tested yet. Dont forget to backup your save data. If you use emulator, use ingame save instead of save state.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 9:50 AM, Eiz said:

So I took the non pro version translation & inject it to the pro version because I wanted to play it. The result is partial translation of dqmj3pro.
Still need testing, I couldnt modify the font, so it's taken directly from the non pro patch which has less glyph than the pro version. So I dont know if it'll break somewhere.

update 2021-05-29: The translation is replaced with leaked text from original translation group

dqmj3p patch: https://mega.nz/folder/8tkG1Tgb#WzEFO-JmytVXPkPGW0dnOA

older patch: https://mega.nz/folder/gwsjSAST#dkE78UJmVWoNUyP-SahqtA

How to use :https://rentry.co/ze3wb

spacer.png

There is still a problem with the current patch. There is hidden box impossible to open because when I open it, the emulator crash. So, some contents are unvailable, which is a bit annoying to play.

The non-pro version says that the patch normally fix this bug but it doesn't work. 

Changelog v 1.0.2 

• Bug fixes : Certain stealth boxes used to crash the game upon being opened

Capture.PNG

If anyone know Japanese and want to help, please help translate ~50 lines worth of text so we can have complete translation. The text is available in the mega folder.

2 hours ago, Tensa said:

There is still a problem with the current patch. There is hidden box impossible to open because when I open it, the emulator crash. So, some contents are unvailable, which is a bit annoying to play.

The non-pro version says that the patch normally fix this bug but it doesn't work. 

Changelog v 1.0.2 

• Bug fixes : Certain stealth boxes used to crash the game upon being opened

Fixed with today patch.

Oh man, y'all gonna have me playing Joker 3 this summer instead of newer games.

If you're looking for help, the Dragon's Den Discord has a couple people that may be willing to help with this small amount of translation.

19 hours ago, Eiz said:

If anyone know Japanese and want to help, please help translate ~50 lines worth of text so we can have complete translation. The text is available in the mega folder.

Fixed with today patch.

wwwhhoooaa, it works, really thanks !! I don't know if it's just this hidden who got fixed or all who doesn't work. But there is  also these 2 hidden box who can't be opened. Sorry for the 2nd screenshot, I haven't better 😕

2 pas fix.PNG

3 pas fix.PNG

Pretty amazing!

One problem I'm having is on my 3DS it's detecting an update on the eShop but won't download it.  I'm guessing this is because when I rebuilt the CIA file I selected the default of 0 for the revision.  Looking at the original files...

Joker 3 Pro's Version is 0 (0.0.0)

Joker 3 Pro's 1.3 Update is 3136 (3.4.0)  (So that's 3 Major 4 Minor 0 Micro)

So if you're using a 3DS instead of Citra, when you rebuild Joker 3 Pro's update, say 0 for the Micro and 4 for the Minor.  The Major I believe is kept between files.  This will stop the "an update is available" prompt.

Peeking at the untranslated files, they mostly mention... a Dai no Daibouken collab?  Where did these files come from?  Did they really plan for a Dai collab back in 1.3?  That was before they even announced the Dai anime remake isn't it?

Anyway all of the files are pretty easily translatable via DeepL, but if you need someone to go through them I can do so.  I just don't know the size limitation of strings or whatnot, so I don't know what ones would fit where and all that.  The control codes seem to be somewhat sane (\n for example is new line.)  Which might make extending the text to fit width easier.

On 5/30/2021 at 2:14 PM, Plattym3 said:

Oh man, y'all gonna have me playing Joker 3 this summer instead of newer games. emoji1787.png

If you're looking for help, the Dragon's Den Discord has a couple people that may be willing to help with this small amount of translation.

👍

On 5/30/2021 at 9:38 PM, Tensa said:

wwwhhoooaa, it works, really thanks !! I don't know if it's just this hidden who got fixed or all who doesn't work. But there is  also these 2 hidden box who can't be opened. Sorry for the 2nd screenshot, I haven't better 😕

It works fine on my machine

2021-06-01-002708.thumb.png.b34b6764f2dc1a0710d878303adf2162.png

On 5/31/2021 at 4:11 AM, KiTA said:

Pretty amazing!

One problem I'm having is on my 3DS it's detecting an update on the eShop but won't download it.  I'm guessing this is because when I rebuilt the CIA file I selected the default of 0 for the revision.  Looking at the original files...

So if you're using a 3DS instead of Citra, when you rebuild Joker 3 Pro's update, say 0 for the Micro and 4 for the Minor.  The Major I believe is kept between files.  This will stop the "an update is available" prompt.

Peeking at the untranslated files, they mostly mention... a Dai no Daibouken collab?  Where did these files come from?  Did they really plan for a Dai collab back in 1.3?  That was before they even announced the Dai anime remake isn't it?

Anyway all of the files are pretty easily translatable via DeepL, but if you need someone to go through them I can do so.  I just don't know the size limitation of strings or whatnot, so I don't know what ones would fit where and all that.  The control codes seem to be somewhat sane (\n for example is new line.)  Which might make extending the text to fit width easier.

I used deepl for previous mtl. But this time  only small amount of untranslated text left, it might be better idea to wait someone bored enough to help translating manually.

On 5/30/2021 at 4:11 PM, KiTA said:

This is before they announced the Dai remake, and yes, they're available in the game.

Though only via Wi-Fi.

34 minutes ago, Chanticleer Hegemony said:

This is before they announced the Dai remake, and yes, they're available in the game.

Though only via Wi-Fi.

can you still get them via wi fi?  also I play on pc.  Can I do pvp and wifi stuff on there or does it have to be a 3ds?

31 minutes ago, Zetsuei said:

can you still get them via wi fi?  also I play on pc.  Can I do pvp and wifi stuff on there or does it have to be a 3ds?

I read that Citra can't connect to the official servers, so it does have to be on a 3DS.

If you have a modded 3DS, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I think you can still get them, but I don't have the game yet to know.

Posted (edited)

Edit: Figured out the answer to my old question. So now I'll just say:

Thanks a lot for working this all out, everyone. I didn't think I'd end up getting to play 3 Pro in English!

Edited by 1upsuper
  • Like 1

Hey guys - was wondering if there were some people who may want to swap friendcodes. Getting coins and upping streetpass battles for the event monsters isn't really feasible with hardly any players. If we made a little community it may be easier.

Lemme know if you guys are up for it.

Has anyone tried to transfer Monsters from Joker 3? Does it work with both versions patched? And what does transfer? Full monsters and max level or what?

I think I got J3P patched up correctly.
Problem now is, I can't patch the 1.3 update.

Been trying with the v9 HackingToolkit3DS, but it hasn't opened the CIA file.

Pretty amazing!
Were you able to patch the 1.3 CIA with HackingToolkit3DS (v9)?

I created a user script to translate dqmj3.com monster name incase someone need synthesize list.

Install violentmonkey, then install the script

2021-06-14-002712.png.077b1a7d248c1fce1f287a45c8466e63.png2021-06-14-002713.png.a86d03de9295b718d2815994bae8cd08.png

On 6/12/2021 at 3:29 PM, Sudaiks said:

Has anyone tried to transfer Monsters from Joker 3? Does it work with both versions patched? And what does transfer? Full monsters and max level or what?

Yeah. It imports level 1 monster  with 5 daily limit.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I think I got J3P patched up correctly.
Problem now is, I can't patch the 1.3 update.

Been trying with the v9 HackingToolkit3DS, but it hasn't opened the CIA file.

Your cia is probably encrypted. Need decrypted cia.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/batch-cia-3ds-decryptor-a-simple-batch-file-to-decrypt-cia-3ds.512385/

• Like 2

I Think that the translation has a critical error(or maybe not I need to ask first) I got a error everytime I get to the next room after defeating Delta Archdemon, and I asked people that knows about 3ds homebrew and they didn't event know what's was causing it but I think is something about the translation that is causing the error. 

IMG_20210617_222136.jpg

If you encountered bug that locked behind story chapter, please upload your save game before the bug. You can post here or pm me the save.