Jump to content

The entire freaking DQ series, summarized


Recommended Posts

What a monster!

I'm actually going to hang onto this link. I've had a few friends here and there express interest in getting into Dragon Quest, but don't know where to start or which games are for them. This is a pretty comprehensive (yet sufficiently succinct) run-down of the series. 

For that, I thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

What a monster!

I'm actually going to hang onto this link. I've had a few friends here and there express interest in getting into Dragon Quest, but don't know where to start or which games are for them. This is a pretty comprehensive (yet sufficiently succinct) run-down of the series. 

For that, I thank you. 

I've always been interested in the Atelier series of games and this June/July I saw some people on RPGamer were doing this for that series and I was really excited. Since I'd played all of 2 games, but the most recent at the time, they invited me to copy edit their monstrosity. Once I finished that I was told "guess what we're doing next."  So, I got drawn into that.  Seriously all the links and those images took hours of time, and I got lots of little help here and there, but I'm glad this is out there and should be an easy Google search away from now on!  I'm hoping we think to keep it current as the years go on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I've always been interested in the Atelier series of games and this June/July I saw some people on RPGamer were doing this for that series and I was really excited. Since I'd played all of 2 games, but the most recent at the time, they invited me to copy edit their monstrosity. Once I finished that I was told "guess what we're doing next."  So, I got drawn into that.  Seriously all the links and those images took hours of time, and I got lots of little help here and there, but I'm glad this is out there and should be an easy Google search away from now on!  I'm hoping we think to keep it current as the years go on.

Yeah, and I'd imagine it wont be so tedious as long as it's updated as the games come out. 

Edited by cprmauldin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The cast of RPGamer's weekly news podcast spent some time talking about the article today:

https://rpgamer.com/2020/10/rpg-cast-episode-560-kmart-breath-of-the-wild/

Skip ahead to 56:20 to hear about the article.  They called me the Dragon Quest Master.  HAHA, far from it.  I've just used all the information that @Woodus has had y'alls help in compiling for decades!  Thanks a bunch to all Denizens past and present for helping get information together & talking DQ with me for the past 16+ years!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

https://rpgamer.com/2020/10/rpg-cast-episode-560-kmart-breath-of-the-wild/

Skip ahead to 56:20 to hear about the article.  They called me the Dragon Quest Master.  HAHA, far from it. 

Regardless, that article was compentently written and informative for newcomers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

The cast of RPGamer's weekly news podcast spent some time talking about the article today:

https://rpgamer.com/2020/10/rpg-cast-episode-560-kmart-breath-of-the-wild/

Skip ahead to 56:20 to hear about the article.  They called me the Dragon Quest Master.  HAHA, far from it.  I've just used all the information that @Woodus has had y'alls help in compiling for decades!  Thanks a bunch to all Denizens past and present for helping get information together & talking DQ with me for the past 16+ years!

I’m glad I could help with Theatrhythm Dragon Quest.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
49 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
I’m glad I could help with Theatrhythm Dragon Quest.

Definitely! That's one of the few I had 0 knowledge of!

And the others are menus and music. 😜

But seriously, glad I could help out however I could.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...