I'm totally confused atm because my breeding results don't match all the recipes here and on other sites. I want to create a Dead Nite, which should be any Zombie as pedigree and any devil as mate. I tried Hork with Demonite and got Reaper, i tried DarkCrab with Grendal and got NiteWhip and i got Servant from Gost and Ogre i think. I'm not sure about the last one. I tried others and got more crap from it.
The only thing that worked was Copycat and Ogre.

Any idea what's wrong here?

Specific pairings always trump generic pairings.

Hork+Devil family = Reaper (trumps Zombie family + Devil family)

Not sure about  the Nitewhip and the Servant.

How far are you? Have you won the Starry Night Tournament yet?

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

I'm not very far. Did Rank D and wanted to breed some useful monsters before advancing further.

I looked for specific pairings but didn't find much. Reaper, for instance, is only listed with "Any Zombie + Weed Bug". Are there more detailed Lists somewhere?

Try this one:

https://dragonquest.fandom.com/wiki/DWM_Breeding

Reaper:

Spooky or Hork + Devil family
Zombie family + Weedbug

-----

I used to use DWM Central, and the Lost Clan of the Ancients. Unfortunately, I think both of those sites are gone...

Here's some general advice though. Early in the game, I would try to get monsters that level up quickly. And you want a couple monsters in your party that know healing spells. The rarer monsters take longer to level up, and the strongest monsters take forever.

Edited by Wes