DQIV: Mini Medals? Pioneer Town?

I just loaded up my DS copy of DQIV after years, and I had a couple questions.

Are there a set # of Mini Medals available? In DW3, there were exactly 110. But in DQ9, random treasures and some monsters drop more. But I can't remember which type DQIV is.

I tried to keep fighting Chow Mein and Foo Yoo, but all they do is talk about the weird man who's there (the Citizen that you unlock by beating them in 10 rounds or less). To invite him, I think I need to build up the Pioneer Town. I found out how to build it up, but I have a strange question first. If I upgrade from Stage Two all the way to the Final Stage, will any of the items disappear (such as the mini medal laying on the ground)?

-edit-

Ugh. The guide says to go to Cascade Cave, which is west of Santeem. Does anyone know what those places are called in the DS version? The guide seems to be for the NES

Edited by Wes

https://www.woodus.com/forums/topic/13148-cascade-cave/

Thanks, Platking from over a decade ago!

Except, its been so long I don't know how to go downstairs through the flood. I must've used the Stone of Drought 5 years ago, but the stairway down is flooded, and I need to find Streo Louse

-edit-

I guess I haven't been there yet. I assumed I beat it years ago because I have Psaro in my party, but its an optional dungeon I never explored.

And I found the answers to my other questions, too.

Thanks to the Den and the Dragon Quest Wikis. I even found this awesome page about critical hits:

https://dragon-quest.org/wiki/Critical_Hit

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

I officially completed my goal!

I went from Stage 2 to the final Stage of Pioneer Town, and the old man from the Fungeon finally joined. That means I can fight Foo Yoo and Chow Mein again!

The reason I couldn't upgrade my town was because I couldn't get into Cascade Cave to find Streo Louse. The Karstaway Stone and Cascade Dungeon were optional, so I didn't even realize I had missed them.

If anyone has a similar problem, hopefully they'll find this post in the archives (the archived topics helped me to solve this). Also, if you missed it, you'll need the Karstaway Stone is found in Dunplundrin. I found help on a Youtube video called Dunplundrin and Cascade Caves

• Like 1