Last night a YouTube dude I'm told is usually pretty reliable (don't blame me for the misinformation haha) posted and Tweeted about the new Dai remake being released in October via Crunchyroll, maybe even that first weekend. It'll be subbed. An hour later the tweet and video were gone, so maybe good news shared too early?

• Like 3

Most anime are announced for streaming within the week the first episode airs, sometimes as early as the day before. Sometimes, it could be announced much earlier, maybe at a convention. I was paying attention to Crunchyroll’s convention announcements for any news but didn’t hear anything. If it ends up on Funimation or Crunchyroll or Amazon, it’ll be live to watch within the day it airs in Japan.

17 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Wow. That's good to know. I never knew they had turnaround that quickly!

If it’s a really big show that everyone’s anticipating (say, a new season of Attack on Titan or something) or one that they’re directly financing, it’ll be announced way ahead of time. I’ve also noticed they can usually get announced in waves, starting about a month ahead of time, with the last one being almost the day it first airs.

Dai, you say?

41 minutes ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

Crunchyroll is #$*!.

I know, right? I mean, for one thing it’s not even an actual roll, nor is it crunchy! Such false advertising...

• Like 3
Crunchyroll is #$*!.
You seem to love speaking in absolutes that I'm sure many others like myself have no clue what you're talking about or why you chose to just drop into this topic to say. Can you elaborate?
Dai, you say?

I know, right? I mean, for one thing it’s not even an actual roll, nor is it crunchy! Such false advertising...
Crunchyroll is item #7 on the sushi place up the road. I assure you, I find it quite tasty, not #$*! at all.
12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

You seem to love speaking in absolutes that I'm sure many others like myself have no clue what you're talking about or why you chose to just drop into this topic to say. Can you elaborate?

I don't really like this person's content in general but this video is on point. Just torrent the episodes.

Edited by DragonQuest2IsGood
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Crunchyroll is item #7 on the sushi place up the road. I assure you, I find it quite tasty, not #$*! at all.

Phew. I’m glad to hear it.

Just torrent the episodes.

Oh, have no fear, I shall. I shall.

Which party explains why I've never had need of Crunchyrolls outside of sushi dinner.
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, eal said:

I'm not necessarily trying to argue that Pateron would be better for anime, just that we shouldn't be in this situation where some people need to be pirates because the legal streaming services are awful. We should be given a service that's actually good so we wouldn't have to.

Would you really want to watch Dai No Daibouken if it was running on a glitchy player and the subs have a million errors that the guys at crunchyroll refuse to fix?

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, eal said:

I’m glad someone questioned that video.

I'm not necessarily trying to argue that Pateron would be better for anime, just that we shouldn't be in this situation where some people need to be pirates because the legal streaming services are awful. We should be given a service that's actually good so we wouldn't have to.
Would you really want to watch Dai No Daibouken if it was running on a glitchy player and the subs have a million errors that the guys at crunchyroll refuse to fix?
Sounds like being a Dragon Quest fan waiting on 3DS fan translations.
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

I can only give anecdotes but Crunchyroll is fine for me, and I’ve maybe encountered three minor typos. I’d rather support the legal version that helps fund more anime then watch anime on a website that could (and have!) give my computer a virus.

Digi’s video was brought on by her distaste at High Guardian Spice (among other things), produced by a Western studio, which means it is not anime. A lot of people were mad that their money was going to the production of it, not realizing that Crunchyroll partially funds a number of anime, such as A Place Further Than the Universe, The Rising of the Shield Hero, The God of High School, and Tower of God among others. These shows might not have been made if Crunchyroll didn’t have the support of anime fans paying for subscriptions.

• Like 1

I only notice the glitchy subs on older episodes. I can't recall when I have seen a major error in the subs on the new releases in the last 4 years.

My major gripe was with the inconsistent bitrate. Unlike Funimation's player.

Edited by Twinkie

While I'm excited for the new series, I loved the music to the original.   The OP was one of Sugiyama's best songs.  Still, I'll be watching every episode.

• Like 1