Wes

R4 card, MicroSD 64gb doesn't work. Needs Fat32?

I've been away for awhile without my R4 card. I was using an 8 micro SD before. But I saw how cheap the 64gb ones are.

But apparently Windows 10 won't format a 64gb Micro SD card in Fat32. It only offers NTFS or exFat.

Is it because the card is over 32gb? Or is it because I'm using Windows 10 to format it? Does anyone have any solutions?

You could try to partition the drive into a smaller chunk and it might let you format it, the largest partition size for FAT32 is 32 GB in windows, or it looks like there are some other utilities that will allow you to format larger in FAT32

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/2/2020 at 11:26 AM, Woodus said:

You could try to partition the drive into a smaller chunk and it might let you format it, the largest partition size for FAT32 is 32 GB in windows, or it looks like there are some other utilities that will allow you to format larger in FAT32

Thanks Woodus! The Fat32 partition runs perfectly, and I can use the remainder for storage... probably my WII U

Btw, I can't figure out how to change my signature. Since you're here...

micro sd partitioned.png

• Like 1

Thanks Woodus! The Fat32 partition runs perfectly, and I can use the remainder for storage... probably my WII U
Btw, I can't figure out how to change my signature. Since you're here...
647629469_microsdpartitioned.png.3d00efbfefa5ddcd9ff25c09bf795e49.png
On a non-mobile browser, click your name in the top right and click Account Settings. Look on the left and you'll see Signature there down under Password.
  • Like 1

Thanks.

Edited by Wes

This is a pretty cool workaround.

Are you able to use the R4 dongle to rip saves like the NDS Adaptor Plus?

6 minutes ago, Liamland said:

I don't know the Adaptor Plus.

I play DS roms, SNES roms on the emulator made for R4, and I can rip saves from Game Boy Advance games.

So far, I see no difference between my 8gb micro sd and the 32gb partition I made on this one. It seems to run perfectly

1 hour ago, Liamland said:

I don't think he understood the question, but to answer, yes, via FTP the R4 is able to backup/inject saves and as a plus it can even make game backups.

I bought something else years ago for ripping DS games and saves. I never looked at the NDS Adaptor Plus because I had this:

Nds_cart_backup.jpg

21 hours ago, GrandAlchemist said:

I don't think he understood the question, but to answer, yes, via FTP the R4 is able to backup/inject saves and as a plus it can even make game backups.

Awesome. I was looking into one of these awhile back, but the site selling them at the time was sketchy. That's pretty awesome that it can back up rom files.

16 hours ago, Wes said:

I bought something else years ago for ripping DS games and saves. I never looked at the NDS Adaptor Plus because I had this:

Nds_cart_backup.jpg

Similar concept, different tech, though I don't think the NDS Adaptor Plus could be used to back-up games. I don't know. It's possible, but I only ever used it for DQIX save files. Connecting it to a modern PC is a pain, though. No supported drivers.

Similar concept, different tech, though I don't think the NDS Adaptor Plus could be used to back-up games. I don't know. It's possible, but I only ever used it for DQIX save files. Connecting it to a modern PC is a pain, though. No supported drivers.
Are you talking about this thing?e5f4a4bcac9a8cef56fb340648778413.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think that's the one.

I think that's the one.
Its has worked fine on Windows 10 for me. I still have the drivers for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1