I recently got a decent GBA emulator on my phone and I found a Slime Mori Mori rom; Is there an English patch out there? I'm really fine playing the game in Japanese, but if there was a good fan-translation I'd be down.

I recently got a decent GBA emulator on my phone and I found a Slime Mori Mori rom; Is there an English patch out there? I'm really fine playing the game in Japanese, but if there was a good fan-translation I'd be down.
No, Mori Mori 1 never got patched. I beat it in Japanese; if you've played Rocket Slime, it's perfectly doable.
  • Like 1
I did find the Caravan Heart English rom tho! Stoked on that
I followed that so closely and played it the day it dropped. I really have a soft spot for that game. Replayed it about 6 years ago on my iPad and beat it a second time. It's very different from the other Monsters games, but at this point DQ has like 10 different side series going, so differentiation is all over the place anyway.
  • Like 1
On 8/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, Plattym3 said:
On 8/22/2020 at 9:11 PM, AlefgardHero said:

No, Mori Mori 1 never got patched. I beat it in Japanese; if you've played Rocket Slime, it's perfectly doable.

Remember, though, Mori Mori 1 is in the works. Same translation team that did the Rockman and Forte SFC english patch I downloaded recently.

クソ野郎

• Like 2
クソ野郎
Smart way to get around the censor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
I wish the Slime Mori 3 team would help the people who are currently patching DQM SP2 on 3DS... or do Monsters Joker 2 and 3 Professional. It wouldn't require much work?
I interviewed the SMM3 team. They're not DQ fans really. I mean, they love Slime Mori Mori, but that's their passion, not DQ as a whole. I think only one of the 3 people we talked to on the podcast had even played another.

They're part of a bigger group that provides help on lots of other games. I know they had talks with Z6n4 back when he had issues with DQM2. All those games have quite different locations & triggers for different things, so it's not a easy "hey, do this" kinda thing.
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

I interviewed the SMM3 team. They're not DQ fans really. I mean, they love Slime Mori Mori, but that's their passion, not DQ as a whole. I think only one of the 3 people we talked to on the podcast had even played another.

They're part of a bigger group that provides help on lots of other games. I know they had talks with Z6n4 back when he had issues with DQM2. All those games have quite different locations & triggers for different things, so it's not a easy "hey, do this" kinda thing.

I see, that's a shame. Thanks for the message.

• Like 1

I'm not too familiar with DS-specific hardware/software/hacking, but couldn't you find all the necessary program changes for DQMJ2Pro by doing a differential compare between the Japanese and English DQMJ2 roms? You may have to offset either rom by some amount (multiple times) if the executable and data have been reorganized, but if you can line it all up, you can see what's changed.

This is theory. I assume this kind of program must exist, because people release patches where they themselves have reorganized the rom (if your patch contains any part of the original rom, in any order, it could be considered infringent - you might as well just distribute the patched rom at that point), but I've never actually seen it. It could be manually done in a hex editor but sounds like a pain in the ass.